Miller Carbon, Rm 7115 PNW AudioFest June 2023

Okay I have to stop by !!

128x128jeffseight

Just goes to prove that his participation on here pushing a tweaks agenda was all about priming the pump for his business aspirations.

Good for him, whoever he is. Happy he is doing something he is passionate about. 

I wonder what he's demonstrating?  I'll be interested to hear from anyone who attends.  I wish him luck as long as he stays off these forums or learns to behave himself.

It's not just millercarbon who was an issue. What about those use the derogative (expression of low opinion) term "snake oil" for everything they don't understand or are incapable of comprehending?

No doubt they'll be happy to know Snake River Audio will be there!

I am grateful for miller carbon.  I was struggling with my 3 woofer array last year.  Just couldn't get the sound right.  I contacted him about helping me and I was willing to pay.  He gave me his phone number and we set a time.  He spent at least 2 hours with me on the phone helping me get the woofers placed and dialed in.  The bass is now fabulous.  And he wouldn't take any money.  Being from cajun country I sent him a box of some of the best smoked sausage.  For those of you that think he's FOS, look in the mirror if you want to find the real problem.

I sincerely wish good luck to MC. Lots of what he said was very helpful, but more often than not the delivery ended up being a total turn off. If he is indeed now selling, he needs to tone down the I know better than you attitude. Everything audio can be debated, just like anything else. No one holds the magic potion to every audiophile setup that's out there. It is so dependent on so many factors. I remember that his room and lack of proper acoustic treatments made it hard to swallow a lot of the tweaks he swore by. Of course, if your room acoustics are strongly lacking, certain tweaks may be your only salvation.

@tomcy6 

He’ll be featuring his own coat, hanger, cable, risers, springs, and Townsend products. Just like he honked when he was on here.

Bent

A lot of people on here sure seem hung up on MC, who isn't even here anymore. Some of you really need to get a life.

Good point why waste time on a wind bag…the lotions, potions, magic beans (hot air)  has moved on. Back to reality and the music.

Cheers 

A lot of childish remarks from people re: MC that clearly don’t speak from a perspective of real firsthand experience. Yes, he would at times come off abrasively, but he also contributed a hell of a lot more useful knowledge than those ragging on him.

I agree with parker65310. Abrasive at times, but I learned a lot form MC. The thing he always said was that "everything matters". It took me a few years of looking critically and making improvements with "everything" but doing so has made my system so much better. He was always quick to answer questions on a PM basis, and had great patience. I thank him for his contributions and passion. I wish him the best.

I thought MC added considerably to discussion involving turntables especially. I already made comments re political and medical stuff, so won’t repeat. But I enjoyed his commentary on audio subjects, and will not hesitate to visit his booth at a future audio meeting!

I sometimes got some good advice from M.C.,but other times he was was way off base.

A most fascinating thread.

A thread about a former member who obsessively posted, and now sells scientifically researched,  bent proprietary coat hanger wire now called "cable elevators."

Just like a Seinfeld episode-a thread about nothing.

Whoever this guy is he made an impact and is living in your heads rent free. I think he is a legend, or some are just that fragile and cannot move on.  I have read through the archives and he was controversial and lacked tact and decorum, and many here goaded him on. 

It has been fun reading the archives some think they walk on water and they are no better than the ones they chastise and condemned to banishment. The lost tribe of Israel. 

Too bad you couldn’t read the scores of posts he wrote that were deleted.

And the guy's living in people's heads rent free simply because they responded to this thread? 

He appears to come up quite often and your responses can be found in those archives, so I would say yes. This character was quite masterful at Gorilla Marketing no matter how distasteful the content was. You all are still talking about him, some positive and others quite negative. I have to hand it to him you are still talking about him and you had him banished to the interwebs desert way back when?  

And what of that Geoffkit fella he impacted you all also, though he reads as if was quite eccentric.  

Like it or not he made an indelible impression on you, as the defensiveness of your post reveals this.  

And the guy's living in people's heads rent free simply because they responded to this thread? 

That may of been strong, clearly. But he did make an indelible mark here you must agree, and the posturing in your post led me that direction as to say your defensive post.

I apologize to the people, it is clear it may only be a few. I wish they would reinstate the millercarbon.

You commented about his deleted posts wishing I could have read them, I would enjoy that along with posts of yours that have been deleted. It would be very telling of the bloodlust for this millercarbon and others. 

No not just this thread but the others like it in the past year. This seems like a hateful place. Why? Did this millercarbon threaten your life or livelihood? Or was it you just did not like the jib of his sail?  Just to much hate and we are here socializing and a hobby many are passionate about, that should be the common ground not an element of divisiveness.

You're bordering on revealing your man crush on MC. You've been here less than a month so it's safe to say you've reinvented yourself after being banned, or something close to that. Maybe a non member lurker? 

Anyway, as one member pointed out, it's too bad you can't go back and read his deleted/banned posts as he was an aggressive recruiter of weak minded folk to his political crusade. What he espoused was a mish mash of parts Aleksandr Dugan, sovereign citizens, accerlerationists, fascism and illiberal thought with copious amounts of projection thrown in (not unlike Steve Bannon, who freely admits to it).

When members took exception to his posts is when all heck broke loose. Toss in accusations of certain members (including myself) of plotting to have his medical certification revoked (which I believe it was) was the last straw. That was the start of his downfall from which he never recovered. Considering his loud mouth anti vaccine approach to Covid discussions and it's not a stretch to see him doing his thing up where he lives in Washington state and people reporting him to a medical board. He was very aggressive about it.

So yea, too bad you can't see those posts and threads or maybe you have and you're here simply defending his reputation, or what's left of it. And before you say what about my posts, I assure you I've always been a huge advocate of leaving everything up, including deleted threads, for all to peruse, leaving no doubt as to how we stand and where we're coming from. Erasing the past is not a good thing.

All the best,
Nonoise

@nonoise  Thanks for explaining this for these newer members.  I wrote virtually the same explanation and then thought what's the use and deleted it.

Toss in accusations of certain members (including myself) of plotting to have his medical certification revoked 

To be clear, he was apparently certified to be an X-ray technician.  I was also one of those accused of being part of this plot.

Very sophomoric, and rather boring. I am going to leave you to your devices as I do not want to join the Lost Tribe. It is clear who thinks they wield the power around here. Archives are so telling. 

I would love to read your deleted posts too!

You're bordering on revealing your man crush on MC. You've been here less than a month so it's safe to say you've reinvented yourself after being banned, or something close to that. Maybe a non member lurker? 

@nonoise

The above post by whoever this person thinks he is and what he thinks he knows is what I expected and why I deleted my original discussion before posting it.  There seems to be a proliferation of these hit and run posters particularly regarding discussions pertaining to MC.

I wish him well. I'm just glad his acerbic and self-aggrendizing posts are gone. 

his knowledge is pretty deep and somewhat wide but his approach to every problem was narrow (minded)

the way he conveyed his advice was incredibly irritating and exhausting. 

Post removed 

re: self-aggrandizing

at least a 4th of the big spenders here do that, he wasn't unique in any way. When you have a lot of money, you want people to know how freaking successful you have been every time you open your mouth :) 

Member for a month and he’s bringing up geoffkait?

Interesting...

Oh, yeah. I was also named on that list of plotting some kind of nonsense against him.

"Archives are so telling."

Yeah, so is being banned and popping up with a new username.

No I stopped reading your post or taking anything you say seriously after the first paragraph. If I want to have discussions with children I will go see my nephew. 

I really want to avoid being banished to the interwebs desert so I will bow to your  superiority. I bow to Assyrian King Shalmaneser V.  The loser was the Bible. 

Yes I did read that seemed a bit  brash you and co-conspirators attempted to get him fired. I do not think you are that petty from what I have read, though there maybe a few who would fit that narrative.  You know petty and vindictive, always looking for a tussle.  

Oh, yeah. I was also named on that list of plotting some kind of nonsense against him.

@thecarpathian 

Member for a month and he’s bringing up geoffkait?

Interesting...

Good catch!!  Wondering who he/she really is.

No I stopped reading your post or taking anything you say seriously after the first paragraph. If I want to have discussions with children I will go see my nephew.

Thanks for agreeing with me in the (still) embarrassing manner of not addressing my points and using another familiar retort about "discussion with children..." A phrase used by a former member who I can’t place.

Is that you, jerry?

Your comment about equating me with the subjugation of the Jews and how you’re somehow up there with the bible is funny.

All the best,
Nonoise

I’ll just put this out there. I didn’t care for the man, but my politics did align with his. So take that however you will….

I am who I am and I am only me, a man, not jerry. you seem to be a bit paranoid and fearful of this millercarbon and now this jerry? Reading through these archives if I was one to make accusations based on any fact at all I would be thinking the man behind your curtain paranoia is mahgster as he used that phrase "discussion with children..."  quite often.  Banishment from this island of misfit toys maybe a good thing. 

https://forum.audiogon.com/search/index?page=2&query=discussion+with+children&sort=date

Sure ozzy I will get right on that after I get back from dinner with my bride. Oh how about every one on this forum post theirs while I gone too. Oh and how about you post your social, credit card number and address in Detroit. 

It's jerry.  Jerry's referenced his nephew in past incarnations and even use his "bride" reference a few times as well (gotta appear manly).

That and his demurring about "this jerry" has been used many times as well, being in the dark about it, feigning ignorance/innocence.

All the best,
Nonoise

Paranoia is your only virtue. Oozy posted my system so how about a CC number so my bride and I can have dinner on you 😂

So based on a phrase, having a nephew and a woman I have been married to for 30 years, I am this jerry. 

So you have said so it must be, here on the isle of misfit toys and I am the abominable snow man.

We’ll I guess people have been exiled on even thinner evidence here.

Ciao

Wow, jerry's playing a new angle here. I would say l let's pretend it's not him and see how far it goes but his wordsmith is the same as always, giving himself away. 

You know, jerry, there's no need or urge to banish or exile you if you'd just behave. Pretend can be fun. 

All the best,
Nonoise

I have to ask did you like in England? Were you the inspiration for the song paranoid? 

Isn't your "bride" pissed at you by now spending all your time on the phone instead of talking to her at dinner? Kind of like the time when you were off on a fishing vacation with your "new bride" somewhere in the Caribbean yet spent all your time posting here?

All the best,
Nonoise

Closest I have been to the Caribbean is being here in Lafayette, LA. Our table will not be ready for another 45 minuets, I do not eat at 4:00pm like some here, so you beat the rush at Cracker Barrell. Also 'New Bride"  Audiogon was not around in 1993, at least I do not think so.  Just leave me alone you are the worst. 

1. I asked Miller Carbon to sell me a great power cord. He referred me to a factory-direct seller, stating that he liked theirs best, and until he could find something that was a better value for the money, he wouldn’t sell power cords. I respect that integrity. Most retailers sell the products with the best profit margins.

2. Chuck has given me several hours of his time helping me fix problems in my system, recommending several products that he does not carry. He’s not much of a businessman-- in terms of getting as much money as possible out of each customer.

3. We don’t agree on everything, and he is blunt when he says what he thinks, but I wasn’t offended at all by any of his abrupt comments. Some people here are easily offended and like to argue. To that crowd: go eat a handful of CBD gummies and learn to relax and enjoy life. Going to give yourselves heart disease if you don’t learn to chill.

4. Here’s what you can expect at Chuck’s booth: Small array of his favorite products that pay him a thin profit margin. He’s in this for the fun of what he is doing. If I was running a retail business, I’d be selling the products with the biggest profit margin!

5. I bought some Townshend cables from Chuck. Blew my mind... I love ’em. But when he quoted me a price, he forgot to add on his margin. He was going to honor that price, but I appreciate him so much I told him "no man, put your margin on there. I’m happy to get a discount but I’m not going to take advantage of your integrity and leave you in the hole on shipping!" He’s also been honest with shipping products and helping me to save money by buying fewer products than what I called and asked him to sell me. Stand-up kinda guy.

6. If you’re all upset at him because he says things authoritatively and confidently that make no sense to you, do yourself a favor and don’t ever read any books on general & special relativity. Also, buy those CBD gummies. Seriously.

I’m glad you had a good experience with him, but lets not nominate him for sainthood just yet.

Now #6; way off base. People got upset with him because he said things insultingly and abrasively. He threw his opinion around like it was incontrovertible fact. He belittled fellow members asking questions.

Example; First post I ever read from him sticks in my mind and here it is word for word and set the tone for all that followed: "That question is so stupid I can’t believe you asked it."

So, it’s not that people are all upset at him because "he says things authoritatively and confidently that make no sense to you". It’s because he was an insulting, abrasive know it all who thought he was the last word in all things audio and if you didn’t bow to his superior knowledge, you were wrong and ignorant. And $200 for 8 little pieces of bent wire. Yeah, tiny profit margin.

So, take one of your own gummies and please try not also insulting fellow members.