Miller Carbon, Rm 7115 PNW AudioFest June 2023

Okay I have to stop by !!

128x128jeffseight

Showing 3 responses by holydean

1. I asked Miller Carbon to sell me a great power cord. He referred me to a factory-direct seller, stating that he liked theirs best, and until he could find something that was a better value for the money, he wouldn’t sell power cords. I respect that integrity. Most retailers sell the products with the best profit margins.

2. Chuck has given me several hours of his time helping me fix problems in my system, recommending several products that he does not carry. He’s not much of a businessman-- in terms of getting as much money as possible out of each customer.

3. We don’t agree on everything, and he is blunt when he says what he thinks, but I wasn’t offended at all by any of his abrupt comments. Some people here are easily offended and like to argue. To that crowd: go eat a handful of CBD gummies and learn to relax and enjoy life. Going to give yourselves heart disease if you don’t learn to chill.

4. Here’s what you can expect at Chuck’s booth: Small array of his favorite products that pay him a thin profit margin. He’s in this for the fun of what he is doing. If I was running a retail business, I’d be selling the products with the biggest profit margin!

5. I bought some Townshend cables from Chuck. Blew my mind... I love ’em. But when he quoted me a price, he forgot to add on his margin. He was going to honor that price, but I appreciate him so much I told him "no man, put your margin on there. I’m happy to get a discount but I’m not going to take advantage of your integrity and leave you in the hole on shipping!" He’s also been honest with shipping products and helping me to save money by buying fewer products than what I called and asked him to sell me. Stand-up kinda guy.

6. If you’re all upset at him because he says things authoritatively and confidently that make no sense to you, do yourself a favor and don’t ever read any books on general & special relativity. Also, buy those CBD gummies. Seriously.

@thecarpathian 

Recommending natural nutrition, such as CBD, isn't intended as an insult to anyone. Just good meds for anybody who is upset. You should try them. I recommended them to my dear old mother too. They are legal in all 50 states so take a handful and enjoy. Being stressed can lead to stroke, heart attack, family problems. All not good. 

@three_easy_payments

"It’s always the posters with 22 total posts to their name..."

Are you suggesting that the more someone posts online, the greater the validity of their points?

If that’s the case, then since I’ve only posted here a couple dozen times in the 13 years of my Audiogon membership, then surely I must not be very sophisticated.