Miller Carbon, Rm 7115 PNW AudioFest June 2023

Okay I have to stop by !!

128x128jeffseight

@three_easy_payments :

This is a forum to discuss a mutual love of all things audio, not promoting polarizing political views 

Well said. And you are being very polite. Unfortunately that’s not the reality, what happens in real life. There are folks who will do anything it takes to get to what their ultimate goal. 24/7, everywhere in cyberspace. It’s their life goal, the ultimate objective. Did I say “whatever it takes”?

what are the odds that both @holydean and MC have xray machines at work and aren't actually the same person?  Such a coincidence that @holydean apparently worships MC 😂

@holydean 

If the entire library of your 24 posts in 13 years consisted solely of espousing the virtuous life and bigger than life mythology of MC, then yes - I'd question the nature and agenda of your posts.  This is a forum to discuss a mutual love of all things audio, not promoting polarizing political views and relentlessly dressing down those who don't share the same views.

@three_easy_payments

"It’s always the posters with 22 total posts to their name..."

Are you suggesting that the more someone posts online, the greater the validity of their points?

If that’s the case, then since I’ve only posted here a couple dozen times in the 13 years of my Audiogon membership, then surely I must not be very sophisticated. 

recklesskelly,

Houma & Thibodaux is where I’ve had some of that there best Gator tail, hint hint. You’ll love driving scenic Hwy 90 from Lafayette to New Orleans (that is, once off what I call the washboard that ends in New Iberia) then 90 smoothes out for a better ride. Besides, making y’all’s way to the Quarters chatting with some locals is imperative, hint hint. Brother-In-Law is from St. Landry Parish, Opelousas. I certainly know more about Louisiana’s music scene but I’d like to stick with whats been said so far.

@tooblue +!

@asvjerry lol

"...overheard my name....taken in vain....

seen as not me....nothin' t' 'splain...."

...better moves than mine...

Take in the evening, late...find a fog...take the break....

...like it now....

plenty rain pending....3 days weaken'd....

Enjoy yours, wherever....

Not 'that' Jerry... ;)

@recklesskelly Take a drive over to New Iberia and tour the Shadows on the Tech, you will find it on Main Street. Please do not leave the Acadiana area without sampling as many of the local eateries as possible and not necessarily the large well advertised ones but the smaller hole in the wall ones, like Janes in New Iberia on Jane St./St Martinville highway. And for goodness sakes, get you some Zydaco while you are there. Enjoy the music

@dabel what other activities would your recommend in the area? We were thinking about a drive down to Thibodaux as there are a lot of historical sites there, and visiting St. Joseph Co-Cathedral. 

Sweet, with that long of stay hopefully y’all will find the time visiting a staple of American history, “Iconic Louisiana Hot Sauce Brand.” Again, Factory Plant Tour along with Avery Island Mcllhenny Museum directly across from. And don’t forget to hit up their gift shop, you’ll walk away with something I guarantee. If not, at least try their self serve Tabasco ice cream in either chocolate or vanilla flavor. It’s delicious! Enjoy ….

Rage is the new Orange-inspired thing in society. Displaced rage and misplaced resentments

So, is the paranoia diluted to the point where it becomes valid due to strong similarities in writing style, misspellings, phrasing and plot devices (use of characters, increasing levels of antagonism, etc.)?

Just asking. Thank goodness there's no sight of Chekov's Gun.

All the best,
Nonoise

thyname,

It does seem like he has an anger issue. If he is so upset with this site, why even bother to continue?

ozzy

ozzy

6,646 posts

recklesskelly,

I see you have a posted a picture of your system. I like looking at the different systems we members have, especially from new posters.

ozzy

Yeah... with the following description:

Description

For Ozzie and all the paranoid diluted here on the island of misfit toys, so fearful their little space of hate will invaded.

recklesskelly,

I see you have a posted a picture of your system. I like looking at the different systems we members have, especially from new posters.

ozzy

It's always the posters with 22 total posts to their name who have the most glowing reflections on MC 😂

@dabel we intend on being here until November and I have seen a sign or to about that activity. We will take it under advisement. Also a few rum distillers in the area. We plan on going to a few clubs in N.O. Have friends coming down in late August from Wisconsin, Bruce loves Jazz and Zydeco as do I. 

@recklesskelly,

If y’all plan on sticking around the Lafayette area and are looking for activities to do, Avery Island Tabasco Plant Tour & Museum is located Southwest of New Iberia off Hwy 329. I highly recommend doing both, that’s if y’all haven’t already done so. Very cool experience ….

@holydean ,

The CBD suggestion wasn’t the insulting part.

That being said, there is too much negativity being spread in this world as it is and here I am contributing to it. What I stated is true, but nonetheless negative. Think what you will about him, nobody’s minds are going to get changed. I hope everyone has nothing but positive experiences today, good fortune and stays safe in our world that at times can be a very dangerous place. Good vibes to all.

I am not sure how this thread really helps audiophiles.  If I were the Op I would ask to take this thread down.  There is no added value and to be honest, I wasted my time reading the banter.

And just like jerry, racklesskelly is hanging on every reply, waiting to pounce, or is it stumble? For someone who claims not to be that someone, he sure imitates his style to a "T".

Being stressed can lead to stroke, heart attack, family problems. All not good. 

Where were you when jerry needed you?

All the best,
Nonoise

@thecarpathian 

Recommending natural nutrition, such as CBD, isn't intended as an insult to anyone. Just good meds for anybody who is upset. You should try them. I recommended them to my dear old mother too. They are legal in all 50 states so take a handful and enjoy. Being stressed can lead to stroke, heart attack, family problems. All not good. 

The typical victim play. I am not Jerry and I am very neat and I am a bit OCD. Calling me a slob is way off base.  So boring. 

Just a heads up, jerry racklesskelly is insulting me on another thread (DIGITAL-Roon) and trying to play innocent! 

Same old tactics, same old slob. 

All the best,
Nonoise

yeah, #6 is a joke, right? Let me decide what bothers me and qualify arrogance and not normalize it. The other modest thing in your post is your alias.

I’m glad you had a good experience with him, but lets not nominate him for sainthood just yet.

Now #6; way off base. People got upset with him because he said things insultingly and abrasively. He threw his opinion around like it was incontrovertible fact. He belittled fellow members asking questions.

Example; First post I ever read from him sticks in my mind and here it is word for word and set the tone for all that followed: "That question is so stupid I can’t believe you asked it."

So, it’s not that people are all upset at him because "he says things authoritatively and confidently that make no sense to you". It’s because he was an insulting, abrasive know it all who thought he was the last word in all things audio and if you didn’t bow to his superior knowledge, you were wrong and ignorant. And $200 for 8 little pieces of bent wire. Yeah, tiny profit margin.

So, take one of your own gummies and please try not also insulting fellow members.

1. I asked Miller Carbon to sell me a great power cord. He referred me to a factory-direct seller, stating that he liked theirs best, and until he could find something that was a better value for the money, he wouldn’t sell power cords. I respect that integrity. Most retailers sell the products with the best profit margins.

2. Chuck has given me several hours of his time helping me fix problems in my system, recommending several products that he does not carry. He’s not much of a businessman-- in terms of getting as much money as possible out of each customer.

3. We don’t agree on everything, and he is blunt when he says what he thinks, but I wasn’t offended at all by any of his abrupt comments. Some people here are easily offended and like to argue. To that crowd: go eat a handful of CBD gummies and learn to relax and enjoy life. Going to give yourselves heart disease if you don’t learn to chill.

4. Here’s what you can expect at Chuck’s booth: Small array of his favorite products that pay him a thin profit margin. He’s in this for the fun of what he is doing. If I was running a retail business, I’d be selling the products with the biggest profit margin!

5. I bought some Townshend cables from Chuck. Blew my mind... I love ’em. But when he quoted me a price, he forgot to add on his margin. He was going to honor that price, but I appreciate him so much I told him "no man, put your margin on there. I’m happy to get a discount but I’m not going to take advantage of your integrity and leave you in the hole on shipping!" He’s also been honest with shipping products and helping me to save money by buying fewer products than what I called and asked him to sell me. Stand-up kinda guy.

6. If you’re all upset at him because he says things authoritatively and confidently that make no sense to you, do yourself a favor and don’t ever read any books on general & special relativity. Also, buy those CBD gummies. Seriously.

Closest I have been to the Caribbean is being here in Lafayette, LA. Our table will not be ready for another 45 minuets, I do not eat at 4:00pm like some here, so you beat the rush at Cracker Barrell. Also 'New Bride"  Audiogon was not around in 1993, at least I do not think so.  Just leave me alone you are the worst. 

Isn't your "bride" pissed at you by now spending all your time on the phone instead of talking to her at dinner? Kind of like the time when you were off on a fishing vacation with your "new bride" somewhere in the Caribbean yet spent all your time posting here?

All the best,
Nonoise

I have to ask did you like in England? Were you the inspiration for the song paranoid? 

Wow, jerry's playing a new angle here. I would say l let's pretend it's not him and see how far it goes but his wordsmith is the same as always, giving himself away. 

You know, jerry, there's no need or urge to banish or exile you if you'd just behave. Pretend can be fun. 

All the best,
Nonoise

Paranoia is your only virtue. Oozy posted my system so how about a CC number so my bride and I can have dinner on you 😂

So based on a phrase, having a nephew and a woman I have been married to for 30 years, I am this jerry. 

So you have said so it must be, here on the isle of misfit toys and I am the abominable snow man.

We’ll I guess people have been exiled on even thinner evidence here.

Ciao

It's jerry.  Jerry's referenced his nephew in past incarnations and even use his "bride" reference a few times as well (gotta appear manly).

That and his demurring about "this jerry" has been used many times as well, being in the dark about it, feigning ignorance/innocence.

All the best,
Nonoise

Sure ozzy I will get right on that after I get back from dinner with my bride. Oh how about every one on this forum post theirs while I gone too. Oh and how about you post your social, credit card number and address in Detroit. 

I am who I am and I am only me, a man, not jerry. you seem to be a bit paranoid and fearful of this millercarbon and now this jerry? Reading through these archives if I was one to make accusations based on any fact at all I would be thinking the man behind your curtain paranoia is mahgster as he used that phrase "discussion with children..."  quite often.  Banishment from this island of misfit toys maybe a good thing. 

https://forum.audiogon.com/search/index?page=2&query=discussion+with+children&sort=date

I’ll just put this out there. I didn’t care for the man, but my politics did align with his. So take that however you will….

No I stopped reading your post or taking anything you say seriously after the first paragraph. If I want to have discussions with children I will go see my nephew.

Thanks for agreeing with me in the (still) embarrassing manner of not addressing my points and using another familiar retort about "discussion with children..." A phrase used by a former member who I can’t place.

Is that you, jerry?

Your comment about equating me with the subjugation of the Jews and how you’re somehow up there with the bible is funny.

All the best,
Nonoise

@thecarpathian 

Member for a month and he’s bringing up geoffkait?

Interesting...

Good catch!!  Wondering who he/she really is.

No I stopped reading your post or taking anything you say seriously after the first paragraph. If I want to have discussions with children I will go see my nephew. 

I really want to avoid being banished to the interwebs desert so I will bow to your  superiority. I bow to Assyrian King Shalmaneser V.  The loser was the Bible. 

Yes I did read that seemed a bit  brash you and co-conspirators attempted to get him fired. I do not think you are that petty from what I have read, though there maybe a few who would fit that narrative.  You know petty and vindictive, always looking for a tussle.  

Oh, yeah. I was also named on that list of plotting some kind of nonsense against him.

You're bordering on revealing your man crush on MC. You've been here less than a month so it's safe to say you've reinvented yourself after being banned, or something close to that. Maybe a non member lurker? 

Member for a month and he’s bringing up geoffkait?

Interesting...

Oh, yeah. I was also named on that list of plotting some kind of nonsense against him.

"Archives are so telling."

Yeah, so is being banned and popping up with a new username.

re: self-aggrandizing

at least a 4th of the big spenders here do that, he wasn't unique in any way. When you have a lot of money, you want people to know how freaking successful you have been every time you open your mouth :) 

Post removed 

his knowledge is pretty deep and somewhat wide but his approach to every problem was narrow (minded)

the way he conveyed his advice was incredibly irritating and exhausting. 

I wish him well. I'm just glad his acerbic and self-aggrendizing posts are gone. 

@nonoise

The above post by whoever this person thinks he is and what he thinks he knows is what I expected and why I deleted my original discussion before posting it.  There seems to be a proliferation of these hit and run posters particularly regarding discussions pertaining to MC.