Looking for an integrated amp around 4000 to 5000.

I am currently looking to upgrade from a Rogue Pharaoh integrated. I have Ascendo C8 Rennasance speakers 88  DB. 6 ohm. PC to Wyred4sound DAC 2. Looking for some input on others experience. Considering Levinson 585 or Primaluna EVO 400. I need a line out for a sub. Prefer a balanced in but that is not a deal breaker. I welcome all recommendations.
Ag insider logo xs@2xpal
My listening experience with the prima Luna 400 via Spendors was underwhelming. Very boomy, sloppy bass. Just one audition, but for an hour. YMMV. 
Post removed 
Post removed 
Post removed 
@hilde45: those Prima Luna tube amps have an output impedance of several ohms! Hardly good for bass performance! My Dynaco ST70 is far better!
My point is that the high-end market is completely based upon fantasy and expectation bias!

I find that hard to believe. Every day I come here in eager expectation of enlightening information, only to find whiny superstitious nonsense about expectation bias. But instead... oh, wait, I get it! Projection! Projecting your own actions and beliefs onto others! And so although you came here expecting enlightening audio information what you got was enlightening psychology. Which means, guess what? Expectation bias foiled again!
Post removed 
Hey Pal,

Get 99db efficiency speakers and look for a SE DHT integrated and your done. Good luck!
Post removed 
 "those Prima Luna tube amps have an output impedance of several ohms! Hardly good for bass performance! My Dynaco ST70 is far better!

White paper vs anectdotal experience often contradict  what anyone's ears actually like.

Having used the PL HP for 5 years, I've never heard a bass deficiency.
Like all amps-ss or tube, some speakers sound good, some don't with said amp. 

The PL HP has both of the OP's requirements and plenty of flexibility to tailor the sound(tubes) to the OP's liking. It will also drive many popular speakers. Whether  your ears like it, that's all YOU and no one here.

You simply need to demo if possible. All the write ups on it, do provide insight, but no guarantee for your own ears. Reselling if you didn't like it, shouldn't be a problem.

Check out Line Magnetic as another value tube option.
I think the ML 585 has a DAC. Build quality is great. Luxman 505ux is a good sounding integrated. I used that with Harbeth SHL5s and great synergy. Pass makes some nice integrated sound as well. Always best to audition in your home if possible! 
@Pal, what is the Rogue not doing in your system? Have you rolled 12AU7s to better serve your wants?
You can pick up a used Naim Supernait 2 for relatively cheap now that the SN3 has just been released, but even a new SN3 would fit in your budget.  Won't have balanced input, but it'll do you right in engaging you with the music, is built like a tank, and drive most speakers you are liable to throw at it (should be fine at 88db sensitivity with yours).
I own the PrimaLuna Evo 400 and it sounds beautiful with my Salk Sound Song3 speakers. I have heard the Mark Levinson and thought it was a good amp also.
Look into Octave. I heard a v110 pushing some dynaudio Contour 60s and it really dominated them. Clean clean sound with a little tubeyness and some balls. 
The Ayre AX5-Twenty was the most amazing integrated I’ve heard. I got a VX5-Twenty amp and pair it with my BAT preamp but the integrated sounds better at least in my system and with my musical tastes. I believe you can find a used AX5-Twenty in your price range. 
@pal As @klh007 asked, what can you tell us about the sonics you’re seeking in an upgrade that you’re not getting from your amp? I can’t believe (well yes I can) people are just recommending gear left and right without even understanding your musical priorities. People will always just recommend their favorite brands or what they use themselves without listening to you or asking probing questions.

Can you describe the "change" you’re looking for? If you are simply looking for a change then that’s easy - just buying something else....anything else.

And why do you need a line out for a sub?  Many people find it sounds best to simply connect to a high level input on a sub.
Seconds on Parasound gives you everything that you need and John Curl designed.
If you are going to go tubes, Line Magnetic 805ia over the PL Evo 400 any day. It’s in a different league and within your budget. Every single person who’s actually listened to both will say so. As an example, someone above said that Spendors D7’s with the PL sounded sloppy and boomy, whereas many people pair the LM and Spendors with excellent results. It’s really an amazing amp.
+1 to Line Magnetic LM-508IA or LM-805IA.
Its on another league for me too and for a guy I know that have tried many Line Magnetic amps an another brands, those models are the best. 
I've tried my LM-508IA vs a well regarded class D amp that I also own and the LM-508IA is better. You wont regret it. Its a beast. 
I've also listened to a Prima Luna EL34 integrated, I dont remember the model, but it costed about 3.5k USD and I wasnt impressed at all. 
The mfrs that I have in that range are YBA, parasound, Hegel, McIntosh, Moon, Jolida, Plinius and Musical Fidelity. These are all integrated and I will die with them. I know there are lots of other good choices out there but these ones punch above their weight. IMHO. 
The mfrs that I have in that range are YBA, parasound, Hegel, McIntosh, Moon, Jolida, Plinius and Musical Fidelity. These are all integrated and I will die with them. I know there are lots of other good choices out there but these ones punch above their weight. IMHO. 
Like Millercarbon, I am a big Raven Audio fan.  Please check out their website and then call Dave Thomson.  He is a wealth of audio information and he has some of the best tubes in the world bar none.  There is also an integrated amp in various price ranges.  I personally owned the Raven Reflection MK2.....simply put - outstanding.  
If you are looking for something different and excellent, you could try a Gato Audio DIA-250S. One of the best integrated you can currently  find, made in Denmark by ex Gamut engineers. I had one paired with my Arts Prestige 8.3, Spendor d7, and Q Acoustics Concept 500. Simply amazing with all of them. 250wpc at 8ohms and 500wpc at 4ohms. It is a class D, but sounds like the best Class A/B I had.
The built in DAC is something special.They are using a direct sales channel, and currently applying 40% off.
You can even add the network module, which is ROON ready. 
I recently replaced a Rogue Cronus Magnum II with a Manley Stingray II. The Manley is quite excellent and compares to much more expensive separates in my main system. If your speakers are efficient enough, use the triode mode. 
For SS:
Hegel 390
Valvet 
Lejonklou

Tube:
Line Mag.
Manley

So, what to do?

Buy a used Pass INT 60.
Opinions are like A  _ _  H _ _ _ _ ! Everybody has one. I have no idea what part of the country you reside. If per chance you are reasonably close to a quality audio dealer that carries several brands of integrated amps, in the price range mentioned, I suggest spending a day listening to everything he has with different loudspeakers. You should walk away with a better understanding and audible opinion of what truly sounds best to you.
My personal opinion, (yes I have one too ) would be the the PASS INT-60 paired with MAGNEPAN 3.7i. If that doesn't take you to a completely different world of audio reproduction and appreciation, I don't know what will.. The whole package will be a bit beyond your budget, but the end result will be worth it. It's a system that you could live with for many many years.
Inserisci il tuo testany Accuphase integrated amplifier ... you won't think about anything else! ...

Stanislao
In your price range I would recommend EAR Yoshino V12. It's one of the most beautiful int. amplifiers I have ever owned and also very close to my current setup Atma Sphere (which is more expensive but also much better)
And now for something completely different... Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 does it all, and sounds just ‘right’
Klh007 just ready for a change. Part of the audiophile phobia.
If you can’t elaborate any more than that about what improvements you’re looking for or what you value most in sound reproduction, this will just be a random crapshoot.  If that’s all your after, enjoy. 

My personal experience with attempting to add subs goes way back: Sunfire 10s then 12s, much later and still unplugged SVS Ultra and Plus (the ones that look like tall barrels). These I tried when I had Magnepan 3.5Rs (hope those 3.7s mentioned earlier are significantly better, but I have my doubts). I tried using an active XO but the cheap ones kept blowing up. Looks like OCD Hifi Guy is having Marchand make a new version which would be worth checking out.

I replaced the 3.5Rs with a pair of Emerald Physics KCIIs with 2 significant factory upgrades: they came with a BOM which essentially blends subs into the main speakers. Again no bueno (not good). The KCIIs blew away all my attempts to marry 3.5Rs and subs. They are capable of really good bass on their own, with an incredible 3D soundstage AND are super efficient, BUT, my room is 19 x 35 x 12 with lots of glass on front and back walls, plus open up/down stairwells. My point is: why not let the speakers make the bass instead of the extra cost of a sub, interconnect, power cord, and struggling to find the best placement in your room. Most likely, that requires 2 subs

The really good news is EP is blowing out their remaining inventory as they are moving assembly from Texas to CA, I think. The 4.4s (I think) with 15" driver (I saw an adv on Agon) would bring you a lot more quality bass MSRP $6000, BUT, you can own them for $1600.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649617064-emerald-physics-44-moving-sale-brand-new/

OR

3.4s $5K/$995!K,

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649616505-brand-new-emerald-physics-34-direct-from-the-factory-m...

hth

Try a 2020 stereophile class A rated integrated the Anthem STR it has an excellent dac plenty of inputs, sub out and ARC to help integrate the subs. It has very neutral sound if your source is lousy it's not going to color it for you unless you want to use some of eq it provides. Crutchfield has a 60 day return policy. 
@tweak1 :  The really good news is EP is blowing out their remaining inventory as they are moving assembly from Texas to CA, I think.

ARE THEY CRAZY, my prediction is that if they go into CA, they will be out of business in a year.  You can't smoke enough POT to make the crazy rules/regs and cost of living and working in CA justified.

The Ayre AX5-Twenty was the most amazing integrated I’ve heard. I got a VX5-Twenty amp and pair it with my BAT preamp but the integrated sounds better at least in my system and with my musical tastes
BAT makes great gear but this suggests you'd be happier with a KX-5.
You might want to look at the Ayre EX-8 which should meet your criteria, It's a great sounding amp and has the option for a built in DAC and streaming capabilities. Good Luck!

https://www.ayre.com/products/amplification/ex-8/
I think you might be surprised by the sound the Parasound Halo integrated amp delivers for the money.  Bet if you did a blind test, you might take the Parasound.  Great frequency response curve.