Looking for an integrated amp around 4000 to 5000.

I am currently looking to upgrade from a Rogue Pharaoh integrated. I have Ascendo C8 Rennasance speakers 88  DB. 6 ohm. PC to Wyred4sound DAC 2. Looking for some input on others experience. Considering Levinson 585 or Primaluna EVO 400. I need a line out for a sub. Prefer a balanced in but that is not a deal breaker. I welcome all recommendations.
Ag insider logo xs@2xpal

Showing 3 responses by psepulvp

If you are looking for something different and excellent, you could try a Gato Audio DIA-250S. One of the best integrated you can currently  find, made in Denmark by ex Gamut engineers. I had one paired with my Arts Prestige 8.3, Spendor d7, and Q Acoustics Concept 500. Simply amazing with all of them. 250wpc at 8ohms and 500wpc at 4ohms. It is a class D, but sounds like the best Class A/B I had.
The built in DAC is something special.They are using a direct sales channel, and currently applying 40% off.
You can even add the network module, which is ROON ready. 
+1 for the Mcintosh MA252 integrated. Since it is hybrid design you have the best of both worlds. Tubes for preamp and SS for power amp. Is sounds nothing close to anything from Mcintosh I’ve tried before. More smooth, natural sounding and pleasing to ears.
I had one paired with my Spendor D7 and it was pure bliss. 3.500 Usd MSRP.
Due to the nature of your speakers (88db impedance at 6ohms) you can even think in his big brother the MA352 that doubles the power.
Too many option in the market today dear @pal. Also too many opinions...
The only way to properly invest your well earned money, is making a short list with some of the suggestions that you like in the paper and then figure out the way to make some demo.
Trust your ears, our opinion is redundant, since we have different preferences, tastes, systems, rooms, wifes, etc...