Looking for an integrated amp around 4000 to 5000.

I am currently looking to upgrade from a Rogue Pharaoh integrated. I have Ascendo C8 Rennasance speakers 88  DB. 6 ohm. PC to Wyred4sound DAC 2. Looking for some input on others experience. Considering Levinson 585 or Primaluna EVO 400. I need a line out for a sub. Prefer a balanced in but that is not a deal breaker. I welcome all recommendations.
Ag insider logo xs@2xpal

Showing 7 responses by pal

Thanks again for all the great suggestions. It gives me a lot to research. I am looking for a greater sense of presence in the music. More body in the vocals and space between instruments. I loved my system when I had an audio research ref3 pre and pass 250.5 but personal circumstances forced the sale of them. I am now in my sixties and want to keep it simple with an integrated. I do like the rogue for the price but want to move up a bit.
Wow a lot of great suggestions. I think I am going to go with a SS integrated. I am considering the levinson 585, Hegel H390 and the Ayre ax5. Thanks for all of the input everyone.
big_greg, thanks for the info on the MHDT. I am waiting to see which amp I go with as some have a built in dac. If it doesn't I will definitely give the Orchard a try.