Looking for an integrated amp around 4000 to 5000.

I am currently looking to upgrade from a Rogue Pharaoh integrated. I have Ascendo C8 Rennasance speakers 88  DB. 6 ohm. PC to Wyred4sound DAC 2. Looking for some input on others experience. Considering Levinson 585 or Primaluna EVO 400. I need a line out for a sub. Prefer a balanced in but that is not a deal breaker. I welcome all recommendations.
Ag insider logo xs@2xpal

Rogue has upgraded the Pharaoh, it's more powerful, it has a new amplifier stage, pre amp stage and phono stage at 4k 

Used McIntosh MA5300; new McIntosh MHA150; Yamaha AS3000; used Cary SLI80 ( this would be my pick); used Accuphase E-270; new Yamaha AS1200; used Electrocompanient ECI 6 MK II; new Shindo Laboratory Apetite 6V6. 
Too many option in the market today dear @pal. Also too many opinions...
The only way to properly invest your well earned money, is making a short list with some of the suggestions that you like in the paper and then figure out the way to make some demo.
Trust your ears, our opinion is redundant, since we have different preferences, tastes, systems, rooms, wifes, etc...
the 585 is a superb unit and a ridiculous bargain. people beating up harmon are missing out on some really good gear. imo
I have an almost mint ML 585 that's currently boxed located SoCal. PM me if interested,
Cheers
There are some other r2r NOS DACS worth taking a look at in that price range. I found the DAC2 to be kind of bright and brittle and mechanical sounding. Another option might be to have W4S upgrade the DAC2. I haven't heard their higher end DACs.
big_greg, thanks for the info on the MHDT. I am waiting to see which amp I go with as some have a built in dac. If it doesn't I will definitely give the Orchard a try.
You'll never know without trying, but my belief is that you'll get a lot more bang for your buck in terms of sound quality if you replace the DAC instead of the Rogue.  A MHDT Labs Orchid would be a big improvement over your DAC2 and set you back about $1200.  Almost anything would be better than that DAC. 

You're probably going to make a somewhat lateral move and the DAC2 is still going to be holding your system back.  But what do I know?  Your system, your money.
the latest Krell integrated amp has received raves. i’d put it in the mix w the ML 585. 
Wow a lot of great suggestions. I think I am going to go with a SS integrated. I am considering the levinson 585, Hegel H390 and the Ayre ax5. Thanks for all of the input everyone.
I had the Cary SLI-100 pushing the Avalon IDEAs but felt it lacked details and power. Just changed to a Densen B150+, wow is all I feel right now. For some reason, it just sounds very analogue. Loving it. May be that's their signature sound, although I am not sure. Enjoy.
Post removed 
RIAA - I owned the Raven Reflection MK2.  You should love it.  I ended up putting in KT 150's as my power source and kicked up my wpc to around 63.  I also did a lot of tube swapping which was fun.  If you got 50% off what a deal.  Congrats on your purchase.  It truly is a show piece.  

Hey GREYHOUND!!

Thanks for the link to the Raven Audio Reflection MK2 on Audio Mart. Snapped it right up for more than 50% off MSRP. I know there is nobody else you would rather see have it in their collection than yours truly!!

i double dog dare you to try a RISK FREE IN-HOME TRIAL to the PS Audio Stellar Strata. analog pre-amp, 200 watt/channel class A biased mosfet amp, delicious DAC, high-def streamer. designed & assembled in Boulder CO.
https://www.psaudio.com/products/stellar-strata/
I would check out the Ayon Spirit III. Read the review...site given below. Very stout tube amp. My experience with Primaluna 400 gear, even their separates, mirrors what many have said here; quality gear but underwhelming. 

The BAT gear I've listened to sounds like solid state. Seemingly well made. However, and this is a big however, they're no longer associated with the designer and original owner, Victor Khomenko. NOT tube sounding. I'm referring to the expansive tube soundstage and warm mid-range.
If you're interested in the Ayon, please let me know. I may have a line on a used one (<$3000).
Goodluck
https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/analog-reviews/amplifier-reviews/ayon-spirit-iii/

+1 for Anthem STR. It has line out for 2 subs if desired. Also ARC (Anthem Room Correction) to optimize sound for Your listening room. Great customer service! Love mine!
Just a little squeak from the peanut gallery: I have a line-level Jeff Rowland Consonance remote-controlled preamp (single-ended inputs only, sorry) sitting atop a gorgeous Jeff Rowland Model 2 amplifier, connected by a balanced pair of Kimber Hero interconnects. They're relatively compact as such, and the sound is truly glorious. I love them but don't really need them. I'd sell them as a set for $3k plus the actual cost of FedEx Ground shipping to the lower 48, which would probably be in the $150 to $200 range, as the amp comes in its own bullet-proof flight case. I'll eventually list them on Audiogon, but thought I'd risk being flamed for a bit of self-promotion in case you might consider a pair of older high-end separates as an alternative to a modern integrated.
Post removed 
Hmmmm.......FACTORY or entity authorized by the factory blowing out inventory at 80% discount ?

Really makes you question the inherent value of buying new equipment at anything close to MSRP.
if you can pick up a used ML 585 within your budget you’ll never look back. It’s a 12k list price unit that checks all the boxes. it also has a very good hi rez built in dac. It makes some of these recommendations look like toys. 

PrimaLuna HP (14 tubes!) with my Vienna Acoustics produce excellent, tight bass. Luxman solid state was unexciting in comparison. Rotel and Parasound were okay, but did not equal PL.
The newly introduced NAD M-33 is worth a long look. It checks all your requirements and adds a few. MSRP is exactly $5000. Check it out. It looks to me at age 73 like a geezer's dream come true.
I'm currently using the M-10, which is a great unit in its own right. M-33 is more and better all the way around. Bluesound is very good and very convenient. 
Second or third what Chorus recommended.

The Hegel H360 or H390 is superb - excellent dynamics, prat, resolution and clarity, as well as bass control.

You might also consider the McIntosh MA252 / MA352 (tube hybrid).
Hegel H390.  I have a Hegel H360 and it is outstanding.  I hear that the H390 is even better (have not demoed).  Retails for $6000 but you can get it brand new for under $5000.  I have not heard a better amp under $10K.  Musical, and grips the music, particularly the bass.  Plus all kinds of connectivity, including a top-flight DAC.  Not sure if it is Roon-ready, but it's supposed to be by now.  250W X 2 @8ohms with a damping factor of more than 4000.
Post removed 
A second hand Pass Labs INT 60 or 250.  Altho, I very much doubt you will get an INT250 even 4th hand at the price point you are looking for.  But miracles do happen :-)
+1 for the Mcintosh MA252 integrated. Since it is hybrid design you have the best of both worlds. Tubes for preamp and SS for power amp. Is sounds nothing close to anything from Mcintosh I’ve tried before. More smooth, natural sounding and pleasing to ears.
I had one paired with my Spendor D7 and it was pure bliss. 3.500 Usd MSRP.
Due to the nature of your speakers (88db impedance at 6ohms) you can even think in his big brother the MA352 that doubles the power.
Hello,

I’m curious as to what it is about your current Integrated that you don’t like or why you feel you need to change?

We have a solid state unit that can give you more flexibility than most Integrated Amps at any price range.

It has a ton of performance and loaded with delightful features.

Connect it to your router and download our Control App to use from any mobile device.

It also has:
  • High-resolution preamplifier section
  • High current, high output amplifier section
  • Amplifier uses 8 bipolar output devices per channel, a toroidal transformer power supply, and Advanced Load Monitoring for 200W at 8 ohms, 400W at 4 ohms, 550W at 2 ohms, all continuous
  • Anthem Room Correction (ARC®) optimizes in-room response for perfect sound (Is fully customizable to sound the way you want or let it do its thing and simply correct for room anomalies).
  • Bass management for two subwoofers, in mono or stereo
  • Up-sampling of lower-resolution sources to 32-bit/192kHz
  • S/PDIF coaxial and optical, and balanced AES/EBU inputs
  • Asynchronous USB Audio Input supports 32-bit/384kHz PCM, and DSD 2.8 / 5.6 MHz sources
  • MM and MC phono with fully customizable RIAA Curves and with Presets along with adjustable Rumble Filter, balanced XLR, and single-ended analog inputs
  • Analog Direct mode
  • Graphic Front Panel Display for easy setup and navigation
  • Controllable via Ethernet, RS-232, or supplied IR remote
  • Available in Silver and Black Finishes
  • Crafted in Canada (Made in our Factory in Mississauga)

If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly and you can use our Dealer Locator to find your closest Anthem Dealer. Always a good idea to call ahead and see who has one on display if you’re able to go for an audition. If you decide to purchase one without seeing or hearing it first, I will mention, it has approximately a 300 hour break-in period.

Retail is $4499.00 and is on sale now for 20% off of that through the end of May 2020. Thank you for your time and any consideration!
Respectfully,
Chris

Here are some direct links to it:

https://www.anthemav.com/products-current/model=str-integrated-amplifier/page=overview

https://www.anthemav.com/downloads/str_integrated_amplifier_datasheet.pdf
 Well if damping factor is what you're worried about get a used a Crown Studio Reference it has a damping factor > 40,000. There have been a lot of good suggestions within the OP price range.
I personally owned these speakers. I tried close to a dozen amps on them. Damping factor on these specific speakers matter. The inside bass driver is slower then the mid and you can hear it with a first rate source unless you get them dialed in just right. That is my experience. Other may differ or not agree. I’m just trying to help the guy. 
Yes damping factor for the most part is not super important but it certainly is when you have a speaker that needs it and badly. 
I wasn’t using cheap amps either.

The best I settled before Soulution was ARC 250 SE which I thought was great until I heard the Soulution.

I am not recommending a Soulution amp. I use a Stage III Kraken power cable on it that cost much more then the Ascendo’s do but trust me get a good amp that has a high damping factor. 
Now if someone else chimes in that owned these speakers and they worked hard like me trying all kinds of different amps to get most out of them then great listen to them but people that have not owned them and don’t know these unique German speakers just ignore them. 
djones51 
I didn’t even read your link. I owned them and worked hard to mate them. Some article / white paper will never compare to actually owning and then spending tens of thousands to properly drive them. 
I actually am trying to help the guy rather be a contrarian. I have not posted on here in a long time but thought the op could benefit from my personal experience. If not no problem but people should actually try help when they can. 

What about a Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista 600?  I can get a refurbished unit for you in Black for $5k.  200 watts and it is a pretty amazing amp that will work well with your existing equipment.  Normally this unit is $8K new.  

PM Me if you are interested.  
I didn't read the entire thread, perhaps someone else has suggested this.  Consider replacing your source instead of the Rogue.  I have owned a number of DACs and the W4S DAC 2 ranks last out of them all.
Entertaining how everyone has zeal for particular recommendations,  given the fact that they have zero knowledge of how it would integrate.  Like betting on horse races.