Looking for an integrated amp around 4000 to 5000.

I am currently looking to upgrade from a Rogue Pharaoh integrated. I have Ascendo C8 Rennasance speakers 88  DB. 6 ohm. PC to Wyred4sound DAC 2. Looking for some input on others experience. Considering Levinson 585 or Primaluna EVO 400. I need a line out for a sub. Prefer a balanced in but that is not a deal breaker. I welcome all recommendations.
Ag insider logo xs@2xpal

Showing 2 responses by tweak1

My personal experience with attempting to add subs goes way back: Sunfire 10s then 12s, much later and still unplugged SVS Ultra and Plus (the ones that look like tall barrels). These I tried when I had Magnepan 3.5Rs (hope those 3.7s mentioned earlier are significantly better, but I have my doubts). I tried using an active XO but the cheap ones kept blowing up. Looks like OCD Hifi Guy is having Marchand make a new version which would be worth checking out.

I replaced the 3.5Rs with a pair of Emerald Physics KCIIs with 2 significant factory upgrades: they came with a BOM which essentially blends subs into the main speakers. Again no bueno (not good). The KCIIs blew away all my attempts to marry 3.5Rs and subs. They are capable of really good bass on their own, with an incredible 3D soundstage AND are super efficient, BUT, my room is 19 x 35 x 12 with lots of glass on front and back walls, plus open up/down stairwells. My point is: why not let the speakers make the bass instead of the extra cost of a sub, interconnect, power cord, and struggling to find the best placement in your room. Most likely, that requires 2 subs

The really good news is EP is blowing out their remaining inventory as they are moving assembly from Texas to CA, I think. The 4.4s (I think) with 15" driver (I saw an adv on Agon) would bring you a lot more quality bass MSRP $6000, BUT, you can own them for $1600.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649617064-emerald-physics-44-moving-sale-brand-new/

OR

3.4s $5K/$995!K,

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649616505-brand-new-emerald-physics-34-direct-from-the-factory-m...

hth

While Parasound does have a warm cuddly sound, they are class A/B, and do run warm. W4S is class D , has a cooler sound but very efficient. So if, electricity is a concern...
Underwood had a couple W4S integrated on sale at a deep discount. You would need to check with them