Magico M9 a ton of weight and a million dollar price tag $750,000

The inner and outer layers of the body are made of carbon fiber, with a honeycomb aluminum core in between. The company sought to control the vibrations of the hull without storing energy in it. Magico's proprietary tension strut system, aircraft-grade aluminum front panel, and aerospace-grade damping are still there.

paulherry

I wonder how many non dealer-demos have been purchased so far? Got to keep my hopes up for nabbing a pair on the used market...

Meh, the updates aren't as significant as I had hoped.  I’m just going to wait for the M12....😁

I was just talking about the B&W Nautilus concept speaker and this reminds me a little of that. The exponential rear chamber on the tweeter, and bi-amplified design with external crossover and perhaps EQ. Looks like a great deal of differences has happened from when I toured the factory some 5-8 years ago. The tweeter and mid drivers look like completely new and not Seas / Scanspeak sourced. Or at least, not based on existing motors I know of.

The listening room they are in is also interesting. I’ve never heard a Magico that wasn’t designed for a lot of space or a lot of room control. These seem to follow along those lines, and at $750k one has to assume the buyer is going to build an entire building for them anyway so this is not necessarily a bad thing.

Since when is a $750,000.00 speaker a million dollars?  Is it that new Common Core math?

Give them a year or so...

Here or USAudiomart, find a demo pair with dings for $100K. 

Post removed 

I’ve never heard a Magico that wasn’t designed for a lot of space or a lot of room control.

In my experience a large room or significant treatments are not at all necessary for Magico speakers to sound outstanding. I find the design of Magico's speakers allow for very flexible placement. Many people have Magico speakers in smaller rooms and multi-use rooms like their regular living room and absolutely love it.

Reading is fundamental.

The start of sales of Magico M9 is scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2020. In the USA, acoustics will cost 950,000 US dollars at the exchange rate at the time of release. Today price of M9 ACOUSTICS is $750,000.

Reading is fundamental.

Writing as well 🙄

Magico is a US compony, M9 MSRP was always $750,000 

I read a ton of emotional reaction but nothing about how the speaker was designed or how well it works. I suspect none of the commentators have any real knowledge of either.

The only thing that brought a smile to my face was the handle of one writer, juanmanuelfangioii who was a multi Formula one champion when I first got interested in F1 and is in the argument for the F1 GOAT for me along with Clark, Senna, Schumacher and Hamilton. In some ways Fangio was statistically the greatest driver in F1.

Why would somebody mention B&W speakers in the same breath as Magico? No comparison, Magico’s cheapest floorstanding speaker sounds better than the B&W Nautilus IMO

I heard them with Pillium amp. 
They are amazing. Huge soundstage. Deep and wide. Excellent tonal balance. 
The company, Magico, is first class. The folks I met there are professional, passionate and dedicated. 
 Even though most of us cannot afford $750k speakers, we are lucky to have Magico in our world. Their line of speakers come in all sizes and prices. 
 And, someday we might be lucky enough to grab a pair that we can afford and experience the Magic. 

Magico are even more hyped up than Wilsons.

You're not missing out on anything.

lordMelton,

I totally agree with you I've listened to both and I find that beryllium Tweeter edgy and a little bright and the three dimensionality of the speakers is not that great the monitor audio platinum ll are much better.

You can achieve near the same result by using readily available material, PVC, and getting rid of that ignorant BOX shape, which just happens to be structurally the weakest and most sound ABSORBING shape there is, by going round. What does that add up to PVC Pipe? I have been using this for over 20 years and I still don't know anything that can beat it for the money or quality. Then all you have to do is build whatever kind of BOX around it and that has NO EFFECT on the resultant sound. In recent years the round enclosure has fought on and it can be seen all around.

Why would you need 6 amplifiers as stated in the write up?

How would one pre-amp hook up to 6 amps?

And, at 1,000 pounds each a fork lift truck will be necessary to move them.

It would be interesting to see a private owners set up for these monsters!

@esarhaddon , fan of PVC foamed sheet stock here as well.  One has to treat it with a certain amount of care, since it will dent and scratch....

But I doubt there's many that don't beat up their speakers on a regular basis, anyway.  Years ago, JBL marketed a bookshelf speaker that was similar in size to the L100 that was our 'shop units' that performed beautifully even when set to 'out loud' a table saw in a large 2 story space (40x 100, more or less....never put a tape measure to it...).

Didn't cost mega$, either....but it wasn't available, then or now....

@quincy ..multiple crossovers, or a custom one....

If you can afford the speakers, you could easily opt for that....but I suspect that they already have that covered.

If they didn't, it's because you didn't want that.  And you'd have crossed your self into 'control obsessive behavior land' .

When is too much enough, anyway?  Just 'musing...🤷‍♂️

asvjerry
Not sure about PVC foam and sheetrock but, That is why I put my tubes in a traditional box. People expect that. No, I don't charge that much for mine and don't expect to compare mine t those yet I wonder?
I have not heard any speakers in any kind of so-called High-End store that even comes close. Of course, Denver doesn't have much to offer in that realm. I have been designing since the mid 70's right after I got out of college for Electronic Eng. I have worked on the development of a few Well known models that I am not at liberty to name. I wish I had the knowledge and facilities to design my own drivers like some of the better ones, but we must leave the common name brand speaks off of that list as many of them use standard off-the-shelf drivers, as I do. And then there are things like the crossovers. I demand on using Ribbon Coils and won't even talk about wire coils which just about everyone uses. Then the caps, you are stuck with the market Status quo, and like with Mundorf you have what, about 20 different grades and each one has its own strong and weak points... And Mundorf isn't the only name in Caps. Audiophile caps
Some people are stuck with the generic musings of some $100K manufactured speaker where I can play with mine and have hours of fun reviewing note by note what a certain component sounds like. There are little things I do that might seem overkill, but like using brass hardware so that there is no possibly magnetic influence from steel (iron) in my boxes. What kind of WIre is used inside a BOX. I think it makes a difference. So yes I can understand the Obsession!
I wish I could just pop a photo up of my mains. Very simple 3 ways with only 8" bass. I don't pretend to be in the elite realm either, but also when I go to bed at night I seldom think about more than 3 words before I am out like a light. In other words, I live a VERY satisfied life.

If I won a huge lottery jackpot I think I would get the Living Voice Vox Olympians with the horn subs instead.  I get such good results with my modest DIY fully horn loaded triamplified speakers that I would love to hear what most folks concede to be the best horn speakers.

I read a ton of emotional reaction but nothing about how the speaker was designed or how well it works. I suspect none of the commentators have any real knowledge of either.

https://www.magicoaudio.com/news/magico-swings-for-the-fences-the-m9-loudspeaker-by-robert-harley

Ain't no cabinet like no cabinet. That goes for cartridge bodies too.

Eminent Technology LFT 8.

Eminent Technology LFT-8b Loudspeaker - The Absolute Sound