Speaker upgrade around 100k retail

Hi guys,

I'm selling my Focal Maestro Utopia III speakers, which I love very much. Nothing wrong with them, I only have the bug again. So here are the ones I'm considering as next step

- Focal Stella Utopia EM (not the new EVO)
- Rockport Altair 2
- Magico M Project
- Tidal Agoria

My system:

CH Precision C1 + D1 / dCS Rossini
Krell EVO Two
Krell FPB 450 mcx / Lamm M1.2 / Burmester 911 monos
Tara Labs cabling

I would buy them as ex-demo or second hand, price differences are within 10-20k range.

So please share your thoughts, experiences, suggestions. Which one yould you choose?
ssblnt99
Get MAGICO M3 or Rockport Cygnus ASAP.They are perfect for big bucks dudes.
Hmmm, you have the bug but the speakers you mention are kind of in the same vein in the sense that they are all multi-way conventional box speakers with very very expensive parts. 

How about for the sake of the hobby and experimentation looking into line array and/or horns??
Tidal Agoria 
Three times I have listened to Tidals at different shows and each time they were the best sounding of any room including Magico and Rockport offerings. 
SSt,

Borreson.
Sell you gear and buy their accompanying system
and be both sound and money ahead.

Enjoy!
PMC Fact 12 Signature with a ATC sia2-150 MK2 !  

PMC Fact Fenestria if you have a very big room!

Best Kept Secret...
If your budget is around $100K why are you asking us and not your dealer to demonstrate the virtues of alternatives to Utopia III?
If you were buying $100K car would you ask a forum or would you arrange test drives !!!
As a man interested in the experience of pregnancy, I would like to know of other men who could share their advice. Their can be only an infintisimal number of folks who could answer your question with the knowledge of your system and those speakers. Good luck with your search and inform us of your results. 
The Charney Audio Concerto Lumaca at $85k is hands down the winner! 
Take a look here: http://charneyaudio.com/the-concerto-lumaca.html

Listen to them at Charney Audio 
At $50k the Snell A7 are on ebay sold for $7k, Could go with momentum monoblocks for them  put the rest in gear(Illusions)
I would qualify your request by asking for people that have actual experience with the speakers, not just hearsay or reading a review. I could care less about somebodies opinion if they actually haven’t heard them.

I’m with the OP, I wouldn’t ask a dealer for their opinion. Most if not all dealers will only recommend what they carry not what might be best for their existing equipment/room/taste. Now if you wanted to stay in the same line of speaker then ask a dealer that carries that brand 
you font say how much space you gage; but, if you’ve got enough, for WAY less than  hundred large; why not get four Klipsch corner horns and two large Klipsh horns for front and rear center channels. Then add a pair of big, mean subwoofers, maybe something along the lines of the largest HSU Labs subwoofer, or if your even barely competent with basic hand tools, try the “El Pipo” from free plans and videos on the net. When I was in my DC and SFO houses, I made myself a pair of El Pipos. We had a forty-four foot long by 16 feet wide open living room and dining room open area. Even with the windows open, you could still feel the air pressure in the room puff noticeably when the bass or synth player hit a low fundamental. 
Post removed 
room size, musical preferences? Do you need to spend the whole $100k on speakers if spending 1/5 of that can buy speakers that could perform better with a better synergy of equipment and or room treatment?

I'd leave a percentage of that on the table for travel, your ears will spend your money wiser than my free advice :-)
I 2nd Borresen 5 which I have heard at a show and add Stenheim. I have only heard the Alumine 3 but was very impressed and would listen their more expensive models if I could afford them.
Or Bayz Acoustics.
Buy the Tekton Moabs, get better sound, and donate the leftover $95,500 to charity.
These are all excellent efforts and the companies that build them are fanatical about quality. I have a friend who owns the Stella Utopia EM, and they are indeed superb. I think the ability to tune the speaker via crossover adjustments is a nice benefit. That also would be the case in the recommendation below. 

I cannot speak definitely as I have not owned or reviewed any of the selections, but often at shows Magico has seemed a tougher result, a bit more sterile than I prefer. You may also wish to consider the largest of the Sonus Faber, which I enjoyed hearing. I hasten to say that I believe I could build wonderful systems with Magico speakers. 

The Legacy Audio Valor Speaker System has a rather unique sonic signature, as I discuss in my review for Dagogo.com, and if you wish to chat about it, feel free to send message. I believe it would compare well to these others. As well, Legacy Audio is often willing to do custom orders that allow special configurations, i.e. internal, external amplification. This individual worked with Legacy to customize their Valor setup. 

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/5078

Regarding "the bug," If you are continuously itchy to hear something new, perhaps you are like me and enjoy variety as a driver for system building. I suggest, then, that you consider the possibility of keeping your current speakers and adding one of a different genre. Perhaps something like the Kingsound King III electrostatic that I reviewed would bring a world of enjoyment as a trip to a different destination - panel world. The equivalent of my speakers is the Kingsound KS-18. You could even go full bore with the KS-31. Magnepan's 30.1 would be an alternative. If you wanted to dip your toes into the quasi-line source pool you could consider the Legacy Whisper (I wrote several articles about iterations of that speaker). 

You could go several directions; Open Baffle, Omni, Panel, Line Source, Horn Hybrid - they all have enchanting characteristics when set up well, and none of them can do precisely what the others do. They all do things that no traditional dynamic speaker can do. 

I find nothing quite so gratifying in all of audio as having variety versus chasing The One speaker that theoretically does it all. Doesn't exist.  :) 

I kind of guess it depends if you want to hear the music or just listen to expensive boxes or horns (!!!) that distort the playback.

Take a pair of the most expensive Magneplaners home for a week and then decide.  You may not like them, but you owe it to yourself to hear what your HARDWARE actually does to the recordings since Maggies give you only what you give them.

Just possibly you will discover inadequacies in the hardware/source area that you did not know you had.

Cheers, and happy listening!
Please consider Von Schweikert VR 55 Aktive Ultras in that price range, even the regular 55 Aktives (which I won) will not disappoint.
Have you done a thorough room treatment?  If not, spend on that, then get Magnepan 30.7s or Sonus Faber Il Cremonese for well below your price ceiling. Or get some new Focals, which are also great. MBL can be stupendous. 
If you considered  Triangle Magellan Grand Concert, my friend is willing to sell for very affordable price, like new condition 
Why do you think you need to spend that much on multi-way speakers? A different approach needed I suggest. 
How can you decide without auditioning?  Let your ears tell if a new speaker sounds better.  Perhaps you already have the right speaker for your ears.  Perhaps buy a nice car instead or invest the money.
Have you considered contact a high-end manufacturer that will modify or make you a custom one-off speaker designed for your listening room?

Maybe, but at this level it’s like arguing that a McLaren is better than a Bugatti. Impulse and pedigree rule.
First of all, thank you all for the inputs.

I think I have to be a bit more specific what I'm looking for.

I'm not interested in any horn, ribbon, electrosatic, 300k uber high end or 5k giant killer speakers. Yes, I like to try new things but only in my comfort zone.

I'm looking for conventional floorstanding speakers with diamond/beryllium tweeters and at least 10" woofers which can pressurize a 22x20 room. I don't want to add subs to the system.

The speakers I mentioned are 50-60% off of retail, I would have great  deal on them.

I love my Focals. When I first installed them into my system, immediately was thinking about going for the Stella or Grande. They sounded so great I wanted to know what could be above that level.

But before I spend that money on the next level Focal, I want to consider other options as well.

I hoped someone has personal experience with the 4 mentioned speakers.

Auditioning these speakers are not quiet possible, they are at 4 different dealers, in 4 different countries. I live in Europe.

So do you think in the 100k price range is any real difference or almost the same. Could I go wrong with any of these?

ssblnt99

'I'm not interested in any horn, ribbon, electrosatic, 300k uber high end or 5k giant killer speakers.'

'I'm looking for conventional floorstanding speakers with diamond/beryllium tweeters and at least 10" woofers which can pressurize a 22x20 room. I don't want to add subs to the system.'

Revel Salon 2
B&W 800D3

Buy both and rotate to your heart's desire. The 100k figure has nothing to do with anything.
+1 on Alsyvox Botticelli X. They have no equal. The offerings from Focal, Gamut, Magico mentioned in this thread can all be described as sounding like the listener is sitting in front of a reference loudspeaker. Whereas the Botticelli can be more accurately described as a virtual experience of being 2nd-13th row amphitheater or concert hall (depending on placement). Holographic, mind boggling dynamics, and soundstage that extends beyond any conventional loudspeaker.

I’d go as far as to say that other manufacturers can’t even get a close second or third place. They have no equal. I knew they were special when the only reason I wanted to return to RMAF last year at their new venue (terrible) was to hear them again. And although they sounded better at RMAF 2018 than they did the following year (the new ballroom wasn’t doing them any favors), they still got my best in show. As they do every year, at every show.

No affiliation to the company whatsoever. I’ll keep yelling from the rooftops about these speakers until more people get to hear them, because every audiophile should experience them at least once. And the company deserves recognition for what they’ve accomplished. They’re that good.
Well, based on the updated info from OP, I recommend that if you "love" your speakers, you go up the line to the more prodigious model. Unheard, moving to another brand would be a complete gamble. It could pay off handsomely, but there is less risk of major disappointment when you adore the sound but want more. 

There most definitely would be discernible differences between them. But, whether you would enjoy the alternative set of characteristics is anyone's guess. You may have to start over again with electronics and cabling to obtain satisfaction. It's a safer bet to move up models in a specific brand. No one here can tell you blindly which would be preferable for you, so don't worry too much about how insistent some are about "the best" speakers. They're not the best unless you build the best system with them - that goes for all of them.  :)

I had a similar experinece working up the line of Legacy Audio speakers. A person gets comfortable with, enjoys the pleasures of a certain model, but wonders what else there is to hear. If you are simply itchy, versus displeased, then I think a move upward in the same brand is as close to a sure thing as you will find.  Enjoy the hunt!  
I'm owning Gauder Akustik Berlina RC 7 mk2 diamond. I'd suggest you to audition the RC 9 with both diamond tweeter and diamond mid range. I don't see any other competitors in this price range.
I listened to the top of the line T&A speakers at AXPONA last year and I thought they were the best sounding speaker at that show. They are a sort of ribbon, planer, dynamic, combo speaker if I recall correctly.
Lists for about $75,000.

ozzy
Post removed 
I would recommend Rosso Fiorentino Florentina. I have a pair of Sienas, and they are gem to listen to.  

http://rossofiorentino.com/florentia/