Best bookshelf loudspeakers under 10,000 for the pair

I had the elac Navis I thought they were very good until I heard the Elac vela Which was much better In almost every aspect I’ve also listened to the Revel  126Be which were absolutely destroyed by the Elac’s.I am downsize my system from Martin Logan electrostats and quad 2905 And would like a bookshelf that would have some of the same attributes of the quads. I listen primarily to jazz and would like to stay under $10,000. (Fast transient  response, resolution/detail, musicality)
I’m driving the system with a PS audio direct stream dac directly connected to a primaLuna evo 300 Power amp. I’m thinking of switching that out possibly for a pass labs 25/30.8, or possibly a benchmark power amp.
jcwaudio
I am drawn toward smaller makers at prices somewhat closer to 2.5-5k. I recently reviewed the Fritz Carbon 7 SE Mk II and they sounded great; the Omega Super Alnico High Output Monitor looks interesting, and so do the Salk Exotica, Silk, SS series.
@rushfan... 😂😂😂. I agree with you!

@jcwaudio... did you get anything yet?  If not, go buy some Fritz Carrera BE’s.  Really nice 7” Scan Speak Revelator and an incredible Beryllium tweeter.  The series crossovers are really nice.  The speakers are the bomb and a steal at $3500...

If you are looking at standmount speakers only, buy some Carreras!
I have to address the room considering it is problematic including echo and multiple hard surfaces that are hard to address with acoustic treatment. I have put an 8 x 10 area rug which has made a subtle difference. I’m planning on putting drapes in the main listing area which also should reduce reflections . Listening Area is 13 wide by 12 long. Changing to the short wall made a big difference compared to positioning the speakers lengthwise Which is 12 wide by 40 long (condo – kitchen family room) I’m also thinking of a room correction system. The mid range and top end is considerably better with the changes I made and transitioning to a bookshelf from floorstanding loudspeakers has made those in the experience much better. Floor standers are overwhelming the room. Any room correction Electronics or equipment that has room correction built-in.
Legacy Calibes; I've not heard a monitor with dynamics like this.
The AMT tweeter is very sweet and extended; It's a 3-way speaker in a 
2-way box with a dedicated 8" bass driver firing up. The best speaker
I've ever owned-

pawsman
Totem Element Fire V2’s.  I’ve had the Raidho XT-1’s and I prefer the Totems.  The tweeter isn’t Raidho but the soundstage the torrent drives put out is absolutely incredible.  Phenomenal bass as well.
Sound Lab Ministats. They have a dynamic woofer and an electrostatic tweeter. Available in many wood finishes. Since you already have a penchant for electrostatics, you’ll be at home wit them. They are self-powered and do not have to be plugged in.

You’ll also save a bundle as they list under $5k a pair. Disclosure: I am a dealer and many of my clients have socially distanced into their apartments hence they are keeping their full-range ’Labs for their country homes and upgrading to the Ministats in the city . At first I was surprised at the number I’ve sold, and the many brands clients have auditioned or replaced,  but this is definitely a speaker for the times!
The Fujitsu TD-712z mk2 fits your priorities of "fast transient response, detail/resolution, and musicality" perfectly.  The first two are their strengths and I believe they were designed with them in mind.  Check out the design briefs on their website.  Pair them with the matching sub and you will have an incredible system.  
Looks like the Focal Diablo Utopias are on sale. That is one sexy speaker IMO. 
I would buy the persona b and decent stands, buy I may have mentioned that already.
I need to hear me some Fritz speakers. Seems like they are mentioned more than anything else when it comes to monitors. 
Jcwaudio wrote: " I am downsize my system from Martin Logan electrostats and quad 2905 And would like a bookshelf that would have some of the same attributes of the quads. "

Quads are a very tough act to follow. Aside from their articulation and freedom from coloration, imo much of what they do well comes from their dipole radiation pattern. That spectrally-correct rear radiation is imo quite beneficial given proper setup.

The little MBL 126 comes to mind, though I’m not sure low-powered Pass amps would be adequate.

Boenicke was mentioned, and while I have yet to hear a pair, their somewhat unorthodox approach makes sense to me.

And I have ALWAYS been impressed by Fritz speakers at audio shows.  

I have a few questions, if you don't mind:  

Will your new speakers be placed on a bookshelf, on stands, or somewhere else?

If they will be placed on stands, will you be able to pull them out into the room somewhat?

Roughly how large is the room?

How important is sweet spot width?

If acoustic treatment (perhaps diffusion) is called for, would it be feasible? Thinking about how to set up MBL’s in a small room...

Duke
I have the B&W 805 D3s, which I use with an MJ Acoustics Reference 200 subwoofer.  Very musical and very enjoyable.
I'm no expert but i have been to NY audio twice and Sonner was always the monitor highlight:  https://www.monoandstereo.com/2019/10/sonner-audio-allegro-unum-speakers.html#more

Be interested if anyone has got suggestions that sound similar for a smaller price as they never come up used!  Cheers
Surprised no one's mentioned THE (well) under 10k bookshelf that has it all - transparency & bass plus higher efficiency, then all competitors  - the B&W 805D3.  Less than half the price of the TAD ME-1 & quantifiably better in some respects.

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/bw-805-d3/
https://www.stereophile.com/content/bowers-wilkins-805-d3-loudspeaker
The continuum mid is better then the driver it replaces & that one was better than the one in current kevlar drivers in the current floor standing 800 series range.  Musical as all get out too.   Can't beat a great diamond tweeter, on top of all its other virtues. See for yourself,
Diapason Adamantes V
If you care about the music and having an speaker that amplifies a musician like experience.
I had a few monitors under 15k
Best to you.
Could anyone please comment on the Graham LS5/9s? 
Very transparent and realistic to my ears (based on limited listen)
I'd say you could probably get a pair of TAD ME-1s for around $10k. They are easily the best stand mount I've ever heard.
I don't think it can get any bettter price wise, but these are certainly worthy of putting on your list.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis994g3-sonus-faber-guarneri-evolution-in-red-violin-with-stands-monitors

Hope it isn't a double post.

They not only sound fantastic, they're great looking. PL+SF= great way to pass the time quarantined. Naturally, "best" is your ears. I never heard the combo "bad" sounding, as long as you set them up properly. A sub or two... now or later makes it even more convincing.

I have the PL HP(integrated)

The Joseph Audio Pulsars and Dynaudio C-1's are fantastic standmount speakers, but similarly worthy are the Buchardt S400 speakers which are vastly less expensive and perform very similarly.  You can audition their speakers free with no shipping charges.  I auditioned them and completely loved them, but still prefer the presentation of my Spatial Audio speakers, but I the Buchardts sounded fantastic in my room.  Go for the SE version with better caps and Dueland wiring.  Just my take.  
You don't hear them mentioned often, but the Prana Fideltiy Bhava are excellent. I have heard them a couple of times at Axpona and walked away very impressed each time. Very much under the radar, but they just sound right to me.
So many options. I use the Adam Semiactive Tensor Delta bookshelf and stand design. A three way with AMT Tweeter and Midrange with a 9" woofer (very light and stiff). This is a front ported design with the woofer being self powered and electronically crossed over at ~500 Hz. The Midrange and Tweeter are driven by your supplied amplifier. The sensitivity is 91 db/1 watt/ 1 meter; so not inefficient. Used this can be found for less than $5,000 but sold originally for ~$10,000. Internal bass amplifier is Class D at 250 watts. I use a Levinson 27 on top with 100 watts and it is delightful. Sound is crisp, clean, detailed and dynamic with no harshness unless the recording is poor or in a nutshell very neutral with and gives you what is on the recording. It can be forgiving but it depends on the media type as well (source). I use Nordost cables.

Good luck on your search!

Sam.
From speakers that I've heard:
Harbeth 20.2
Joseph Audio Pulsars
Paradigm Persona B

I ended up with the Persona B's. Sound great with a First Watt SIT 3.
I'll offer a different view. I have Monitor Audio PL100 II, and to my ears they are great. I have a sub, but they go down pretty low without it. Clear treble, big and deep soundstage, a really full sound. Before I got them I listened carefully to Kef Ref one--was ready to buy based on reviews--found them weak, soft, unclear. Heard some other speakers--Totem Element Fire, kind of vague, and Aerial 5t--thought that was excellent. sonus faber Evolution--that's $24k but demo for 12--top notch and admittedly better than than anything I'd ever heard. 
But I got the Monitors for 1/2 price, only 11 months old. And still think they are great. They are around 6k new now...
Have fun.
The Wilson Cubs with the Sound Anchor stands. Incredible sound and great looks. Probably one of the heaviest bookshelf speaker at 75lbs each and 60lbs each for stands. 
I am a long-time stand mount speakers + dual subs fan.  I recently replaced my Revel Ultima Gems (great speakers) with Raidho XT-1's and I am exceptionally happy with them.  The tweeter in the XT-1's is identical to the tweeter in the most expensive Raidho model, and the driver was also their best as of a couple years ago, so nice trickle down.

If I were in the market, in addition to my Raidho's, my list would be narrowed down to:

1.  Vivid Kaya S12 (soon to be released).  The US distributor told me they will retail for $6,000. They don't have a dedicated stand as of yet, but that is in the works.

2. Jean Marie Reynaud Voce Grande (the speaker stand is incorporated with the speaker-they are not separable), which has only been in the market for a few months.

Pulsars or a used pair of Alta Celesta FRM's would also be worthy of consideration, but for me personally, it would be Raidho, Vivid or the JMR's.
A little more than $10000 (MSRP $12K) will get you Dutch & Dutch 8c, which received a glowing review from Stereophile https://www.stereophile.com/content/dutch-dutch-8c-active-loudspeaker-systemUnless you only interested in casual listening, bookshelf speakers need active correction to sound full range. You can retire power amplifier to offset the cost too.

Look for Ocean way audio eureka speakers designed by Allen side .huge dynamics and sound stage. Only problem is waiting time will be 6 to 8 weeks. 
https://oceanwayaudio.com/eureka/
Well, I just skimmed over this but once again I see NO mention of PMC!
Apart from the best Phase alignment using Linkwitz Riley x-over design, they employ ATL / transmission Line bass loading which cannot be surpassed by any bass reflex design. This is Physics Fact. 
I personally cannot listen to bass reflex designs any more and anyone can make a bass reflex speaker, it's child's play and old technology...

PMC have several models but for around $5K, I challenge anything that will beat the Twenty5 / 22 bookshelf. Just spend the extra on good stands and get ready to hear dynamics, resolution, tonal accuracy, and space like you never heard before.
The Joseph Audio speakers being touted here use stock off-the-shelf SEAS Excel drivers, which are exceptional.  But you can buy the very same drivers from Madisound and build a speaker every bit as good for a fraction of the money.  And Madisound has a cabinet maker they work with that can build them for you and they just show up at your door, ready to play, still for a fraction of what you'd pay Joseph Audio.   I'm going to take a swag and say that the kit below, assembled and shipped to your door would be about $3300.   Or you could build it yourself and have a LOT of fun doing it, for about $2300.

Go look at the Joseph Audio line and then look at:

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/mtm-speaker-kits/new-odin-kit-pair/

But if you have a hole burning in your pocket and just HAVE to drop Large Cash, there's a used pair of the Avalon Acoustics Mixing Monitor on Reverb.com for only $7000/pair.  They listed at $18,000/pair new.

I've been a huge fan of Avalon Acoustics for many years.   Really some of the very best sound anywhere.  True Hi-End.  

https://reverb.com/item/17692196-avalon-pro-mixing-monitor-black

Joseph Audio Pulsars, they are in my 16'L x 14'W apt living room and to me sound great.Using a Mcintosh MC 275 retubed with Sophia KT 88's and a  C2200 pre. I am 74 yrs old and have finally ended a (happy) life time of searching.
+1 for Joseph Audio Pulsars with the Benchmark amp. I should add that I've tried mid-range Audioquest, Shunyata and Nordost Norse power and signal cable and have found that with this combination, nothing beats the Nordost. Frey 2 is best, but I'm using Heimdall 2 as well for USB and some power cables. Power cables seem to have the most significant impact, but using one brand throughout seems to sound best, regardless of brand.
I agree with posts regarding the Joseph Audio Pulsars.  I have a pair of Pulsar2 Graphene and am quite pleased with them.  Highly recommend.
They also jacked up the Dynaudio Special 40’s by $500 with no improvements made.  I recently picked up a brand new pair for $1500 (grey) that the dealer never used to Demo. Instead of paying 3500 for the new colors you can get the Red/Grey ones in great condition for under 2K if your patient.
Dynaudio Special 40s are great speakers and they just released 2 new colors. 
I thought I’d hit the spot with my ‘86 11ohm Roger LS3/5As. Had them dialed in perfectly in my listening room with high quality electronics front to back. I’m now playing a set of JM Reynaud Twins MkII and after over a month of moving things around can now say they are better in every way to the little Rogers Brit Boxes. I mean these with dedicated stands (albeit mine are on spiked Target open stands) were about $1500 new! The imaging is scary good, bass is tight, right and well improved (transmission line open, but stuffed, port in front) over the Rogers as well. Midrange is liquid and voices are true and accurate both male & female. High end is delicate and articulate with just the right amount of sizzle and cymbal decay. I’m going to search out a pair of JMR Magic Stands which are said to truly complete the package sort of like the AB1 is available to reel in a better bass result from the LS3/5As. Now that’s a shootout I’d like to read about having not had both of these systems at the same time. If u can find a set of JMR Twins, MKII, MKIII or newer Bliss each WITH their dedicated Magic Stands you gotta them a twirl. Great reviews out there too especially from Bob Neill at Positive Feedback. $10K, not sure u need to drop that kind of money. Spend some time and budget on room treatment and proper placement and the dividends will pay off handsomely. Quality speaker runs too. Soooo much out there so in this $ space both new and pre-owned but these JMRs are special. Just my opinion...
Cannot wrong with KEF Reference ones. The older R 300s and current R 3’s get you pretty close. I have owned the Reference 1 and R 300, as well as listening to them many times at Quest For Sound in Bensalem, PA. They have always impressed with a wide variety of amplifiers and sources. I did have the chance to compare them in the store with ELAC Andante bookshelves. The ELAC were very good but I preferred the KEF’ S. I currently have a pair of McIntosh XR 50 bookshelf speakers. They offer an amazingly full range sound from a compact/attractive cabinet. The Mac’s need serious amplification to sound their best.