Best bang for buck integrated amp for $500

Looking for best bang for buck amp for under $ 500.  I have triangle Bro 2 speakers already and cables and a dac.  So just looking at a amp.  Something in the 50-100 watt range, slightly on warm side of neutral, good low end, all the good stuff.

Right now i own the Emotiva basx A-100 its not bad i paid $199 but i want to step up my game.  Im kinda looking at Cambridge audio AXR100, a couple of yamahas, but wide open to suggestions ?

Michael
128x128audiomike33
Have you tried the used market?
Most likely to find something interesting there.
Used, yes, better power and broken in. 

Tons of stuff on AG!

GET 200W min

check the f on.
this is where I found my grails!!!!

I've always had a soft spot for a cool integrated. I still have a really retro cool Ariston 40w, made in Scotland. I've hade a couple NAD's. Love their quality and bang for the buck. I'd try NAD, Cambridge, Leek and maybe see if you could find a used Acurus. 
And how could I forget Cyrus. I've owned a one and a two. Great sound, built like tanks. 
I've always wanted to try a Rega
Amazon.com: Fosi Audio TDA7498E 2 Channel Stereo Audio Amplifier Mini Hi-Fi Class D Integrated Amp for Passive Speakers 160W x 2 + 24V Power Supply: Electronics

Seriously. Big, big bang! Nothing to lose for that price ($76, really?) , and easily returnable via Amazon if needed. I have a smaller model running a pair of KEF ls50s for a couple of years now and this line is amazing for the price. They also provided good customer service when I had questions early on.
Hey man appreciate all the responses I got to look over all of this.  I see somebody mentioned the Rega IO I kind of like it or the Rega Brio I know it's over my budget but I read nothing but good reviews and things about that amp but I'm going to look over all your guys suggestions today and see.
Wow some great suggestions, i like that music fidelity for 499, heard good things about them.  The Rega IO looks nice like the desktop idea, but 30 watts seem a bit weak.  Now the Rega Brio im really liking at 50 watts, but its $1000, and thats over my budget.  
In the clearance section of Audio Advisor there's a NAD 316 BEE $449.00 40WPC. Bought this for my son as a starter and he loves it.

For a little more power and features there's the NAD C338 50 WPC for $600.00
Try to find a good vintage amplifier they will out perform a new one in that price bracket and for 500 dollars will get you a lot more sound for your money.
I have the NAD 316 BEE. Got it used under $200. I got it  for down at my cabin for casual listening. An excellent unit. Simple. Plain. Well reviewed. Great sound stage even with a pair of equally modest Polk Audio towers. Use it all the time for casual listening but it is good enough for serious listening sessions as well and I use it that way all the time now too. Very rewarding.

So yes, explore the NAD line up.
I don't know why but I'm really attracted to the Rega Brio, I like the idea of the small form factor and it would fit on my desk and I like the idea that it has a good headphone jack because I love listening to headphones also most amps don't have good headphones outputs I've heard this one is really good.

There's so many options to choose from but I kind of am attracted to the desktop solution does anybody here have the Rega Brio ? Would love some feedback but I'm still open to other amps I'm just trying to figure out what I want.
You wouldn’t be dissatisfied with the Rega I/O.  Bass is a bit much for me, but most will probably love it.
+++If you look into the NAD market. Even though the C356BEE with more power the C316BEE is much better for music. I didn't buy either but the honest salesman confirmed that. And the sound proved it out. Something special about that amp that may go back to the 3020 days.

Look for a used Rega Brio it's a great little amp. I sold mine and I wish I hadn't...
The best I can find for the Brio is $798 open box supposedly it's an excellent condition comes with warranty that's $200 off sounds like a pretty good deal.
From a previous audiogon thread.

I then heard a Naim system and liked it (250 amp, 102 preamp with highcap and Naim speaker cables. Kept it for 5 years. I then heard the best amp. I had heard so far, the Robertson 4010 coupled with a Conrad-Johnson PV1 and B&W DM-4 speakers. I liked it so much that after a few listening sessions I sold aI then heard a Naim system and liked it (250 amp, 102 preamp with highcap and Naim speaker cables. Kept it for 5 years. I then heard the best amp. I had heard so far, the Robertson 4010 coupled with a Conrad-Johnson PV1 and B&W DM-4 speakers. I liked it so much that after a few listening sessions I sold all my Naim stuff and bought just that, a Robertson 4010, with a Conrad Johnson PVl

No remote and she’s old, but she can sing… probably a little hard to find. Acurus DIA 100. Looks like there’s a MKII version here currently.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa9h1b-acurus-acurus-dia-100-mkii-solid-state?refsource=hifishar...
The Yamaha S801 is a nice integrated. I bought one for my son and it does a nice job driving his Harbeth C7's. You should be able to find a used one for a little more than your stated budget. 
Get a used Arcam FMJ A19. Kinda on the "warm" side with a great MM phono stage. 50 WPC. Used ones range from $400 to $500. Otherwise, a used Rega Brio, not a new IO. Also 50 WPC with a good MM phono stage and a small footprint. I thought the Arcam had a better soundstage, but the Brio is quite nice.
NAD 316beev2 on my desk with Elac DBR62, Rega P2/Exact2, Luxman DZ CD & T-102 tuner (with outdoor antenna), and Schitt Modi 3 connected to the PC.

The NAD is shallow (~ 9.5 inches) so it fits on the desk in spite of traditional 17" width.  Simple and sounds great with anything but speakers with too much treble emphasis, even the integrated phono stage, which is dead quiet.  I love having a button for each source rather than searching for a source by clicking or spinning a dial through.  I think the build quality is better than the prior few generation NAD entry models and the desktop models.

If you are going to buy used in this price range, I would steer away from stuff that is too old unless you can do the work yourself or like paying for and waiting for repairs.  I don't think you can get a used Rega Brio that isn't 10+ years old in your price range, but maybe you will get lucky.
Also, I had the Yamaha AS-301 and wasn't impressed with the phono stage in particular.  That range of amps is also quite large and can dominate a smaller space.
@audiomike
The Rega IO looks nice like the desktop idea, but 30 watts seem a bit weak.
I have a 20 Watt Quicksilver Integrated that will leave you slack jawed with it's sound. My modest office system is QS Integrated, Bluesond 2i Borderpatrol DAC and Klipsch RP600M's and it rocks!
If we’re talking bang for the buck, might I suggest Marantz? In my experience you either love the Marantz "house sound" or you don’t.

IMO, warm and well rounded. Has "direct" function that bypasses the Marantz tone controls. Marantz has always been conservative with stated power ratings. I have a pre-owned PM8006 from TMR rated at 70, review tested at 90. It’s been said if you want that "classic" British speaker sound, Marantz and Wharfedale.

Having said that...

IMO, you simply can’t go "wrong" with NAD new/used at any price point. Pre-owned NAD will be next on my second system rack replacing a Marantz PM5005.

[edited for clarity]
Wow I don't even know where to begin I got so many suggestions.  I will say the marantz PM 606 does look pretty sick looking haven't heard the Moran sound in over 20 years.

I never knew choosing an amp would be this difficult.
IMO, you are going to want to stay far away from *any * pre-owned Marantz on ebay.  Marantz on ebay are NOT the ones you want.
Rega is a great great choice IMO. 

You could get a used Brio-R in your price range.  They are truly excellent. No headphone jack tho. If you're patient you could get the newer model Used for $650-$700.  It will be well worth it - something that can remain in your system for a long time.

I've used my Brio-R to drive many different speakers - since it's small its easy to bring over to someone's house if you're demoing used speakers - it has never disappointed or failed to drive anything.  I've had Marantz, Rotel, NAD, Yamaha amps all in that price range and the Rega always sounded best.  It's super fun and always projects the rhythm and emotion of the music in a way the others don't.

I've loved my Brio-R for 3+ years and recently upgraded to the Elicit-R after trying several other $1.5k-$4k amps - again the Rega was the clear choice.   And still using the Brio-R for my kitchen speakers.

Also you'll be surprised how heavy it is, especially for it's size!
I think I'm going to probably end up getting a used Rega Brio, it just seems to tick all the buttons and I'm looking for and the bonus is it's got a good headphone amp in it which is a must for me so I don't have to buy a separate amp.

There are other ones that people have mentioned that I am interested in but without being able to demo and hear them I guess I just have to pick something and go for it.
+1 Rega Brio based on actual user experience.

Rethinking Marantz replacement in second system.

That’s why I come here...
Yesterday I watched a Youtube review of a new SMSL Amp for $250.
50 wpc at 8ohms and nearly doubles down at 4 ohms. The reviewer is legit and gushed over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfbEkky9Qsw
I use a PSAudio Sprout100 in one of my systems and it kicks plenty ass. Great phono stage, DAC, plus Bluetooth. Super clean and powerful. New is $700.
Have been strongly considering the Sprout100. Unfortunately, not in stock new anywhere I can find. PSAudio site says back in stock Fall 2021.
Very hard to find the sprout 100 even on eBay I think they don't come in till August of 2021 I was considering it too.
I'm wondering how the Rega Brio compares to the sprout 100 I love to see those two go head to head. I know one has a hundred Watts one only has 50 but still sound wise feature wise I wonder which one's better.
"..sound wise feature wise I wonder which one’s better."

Exactly...

Welcome brother. [grin]
Just want to thank OP for starting this thread and those who have responded. 

As can happen in relationships, I can get in a rut. I am actually excited at the thought of changing my second system, or [gasp] changing up my main system. Marantz will always be a part of but not only.  Ummm... those speakers...and...

Feeling like I did when I started the journey all those years ago.
Well since I want a desktop solution and it's only between 2 amps the Rega Brio  and the PS audio sprout 100 and you can't get the sprout so the sprout is out I'm going with the Riga Brio and for $799.

I want to thank everybody for all your suggestions I'm sure there are loads of amps in here that are good that I'm missing but I can only choose one for now.
Brio is Class AB vs Sprout Class D. I would bet on the Brio for that reason alone. I have heard the Brio a few years back in Memphis and was very impressed b the sound for the money. If I was in the market for a mid level integrated it would be one of the top 3.