Speakers costing range of 2500-3500 per pair

With my budget what speakers would work well with the Denon 4311-ci
spendmoney
kosst_amojan
... nobody in their right mind would try to sell what I'm using no matter how good it sounded.
Why?

Post removed 
It’s interesting to think that any audio company actually wishes to "stay off the radar" as it sounds like a bad business plan, but I sort of get it, and "direct marketing" makes sense these days (and I’d never heard of Ascend speakers until now, so I suppose I need to turn up my radar…they have a well done site as ALL small companies should but strangely often don’t). I was thinking about my Dennis Had single ended amp and wondered if you could get a shop started up to make more of them, and then realized his output is likely exactly where he wants it since he left Cary. Except for a line of "Dragon Inspire" headphone amps marketed by Moon Audio (which actually may be keeping old Dennis busy) his Ebay marketed amps just show up whenever he makes a new one. I whine about people hyping products on forums (don't ask), but when asked about my little Had amp I just have to say…uh…sorry...you sort of can't have one.
Not talking specifically about Ascend.  Thanks for calling my statement a joke.  Greatly appreciated, lol. ;).  I"m so glad that you love the company and the man.  I say that in all honesty.  I won't put him down either, since I don't know him.  I"ve heard good things about them from folks who own them.  That's awesome.  

I"m also sure that he has a succession plan in case something terrible were to happen.  As someone who came down with MS at a fairly early age, I know how the best laid plans of mice and me often go astray.  As I said, I too will often have a piece in my system from a small or one man show.  It's just a buyer beware, that's all.j

Zen's post:
"My focus in my recent threads is mainly on boutique companies that stay off the radar, that make their products solely for music lovers, not Audiophiles that are just into gear. "  

Ok, rereading your post, I can see what you mean.  You just pointed out only Audiophiles who like gear and don't seem to like music too.  In reading it still comes off as they only make their gear for music lovers and not those of us who love both.  I guess there really must be gray area here.  Of course there is gray area.  Sorry if I have stepped on your toes in anyway.  Was just pointing out a couple of things that you posted initially that were wrong or misunderstood.  I hope to someday hear the Ascend line of speakers somewhere. It's all good.

ctsooner.."Also, good luck when the company eventually fails"...
HA! What a joke! Ascend Acoustics has a very strong following globally and have been in business for 11 years. David Fabrikant works an average of 12 hours a day at his production facility to keep up with purchase orders. Hes still young and has a lot of mileage. As long as passionate music lovers exist, he will not be going anywhere soon. I never said that Audiophiles are not into music. I made it very clear that their are two types of Audiophiles, those that are into music, and others that just buy and show that are switching out their sysytems every two to three years to keep their stage show fresh. My closest friends are Audiophiles heavily into music and have their audio systems for an average of 7 to 10 years. 
audiozen, congrats on liking only off the radar companies.  Good luck with auditioning everything before purchase.  Also, good luck when the company eventually fails and you need work and you can't find the drivers for a pair of speakers.  

As I said, I'm fine with smaller companies, but for audio to succeed we need both brick and mortar as well as upstarts to keep it fresh.  

Also, iRT Vandersteen and his 'education', he was trained in electrical engineering in his time in the Air Force and then took many classes in engineering in college when he got out.  He said he didn't care about the 'other' courses so he took all the important ones.  

I'm glad to hear that you listen to music two hours a night.  Congrats I guess?  Glad that you can make a blanket statement that audiophiles aren't into music. I"m not the only one who took that statement that ways, so it's not just me.  I've always felt that many audiophiles are into gear mostly and listen to audiophile tracks etc..  Then there are folks who only care about the music and want a decent system.  Then there are many of us who love both gear and music.  

Having MS, I too listen to music daily.  I usually listen 4-8 hours a day and more on days that I'm not able to leave the house.  I speak with many 'audiophiles' who listen a few hours a day or more.  I'm sure no one cares, but you can love both gear, audio, folks with things in common as well as folks with nothing in common. 

Oh, I'd love to say I'm sorry for misspelling the speaker company that you posted about and that I never disparaged, but I'm not sorry.  I'm sure that everyone reading this thread, knew what company I was talking about.  

No need to retort, but you probably will.

Back to the OP.  as you can see there are so many options for you.  Going to listen to as many as you can will help you much more than we can, lol.  
I would like to suggest the Emerald Physics KC II 

This is a really nice loudspeaker that's easy to drive - easy to place with 2 feet from a back wall. 

I no longer have any affiliation to the company - but I believe very strongly that this speaker is a bargain at under 2K dollars. 

A web search can yield more information - a good start is here 

https://www.emeraldphysics.com/products/kcii

Thanks

Mark

Disclaimer... I was one of two engineers that worked on this speaker. 
Post removed 
spendmoney...Here is an excellent choice of low priced high end quality components from Nord Acoustics in England. They make Class D amps, preamps, and integrateds. You have your choice of Hypex Ncore or B&O
ICE amps. You have two choices of Op amps. From Sparkos or Sonic Imagery. The Sparkos op amp is better, known for its warmer, richer, more relaxed signature. Here ya go.

www.nordacoustics.co.uk

To answer OP's last question, neither the Focals nor the Ascend Acoustics match well with your AVR.  They both greatly outclass it,.  In addition to probably not having enough quality watts to get the most out of them, the preamp sections of most AVRs are not good.  And as many audiophiles will tell you from personal experience, the preamp is one of the most important factors in the ultimate sound you get out of your system.  If you're planning on upgrading to this level of speaker, I hope you are planning to upgrade your electronics too. 
@audiozen - When you owned your store, what did you pay for rent? Utilities?  Insurance? Employees? Taxes?  Build-out? Maintenance?  I think the value added by a knowledgable retailer who offers service and demonstrates products is worth it to many consumers.  And many B&M retailers do discount off list.  I sometimes buy direct, but I let the product determine where I buy it, not the profit margin of the seller.  Would you rather have a great speaker sold only in stores with a bigger markup, or a mediocre one sold direct by a seller operating on thin margins?
audiozen,

Really?  First, I do not assume all reviewers hear the same thing, for my stated reasons.  Second, do you deny that our hearing is a sense, much as taste or smell? 
I recently started using 99db Klipsch Heresy IIIs which don’t ring unless ringing is part of the music, which it rarely is. Years ago I also talked to Richard Vandersteen on the phone about 1Bs I'd sent in for cover refurbishing, and after asking if there were any updates I could add to my speaker cloth order, he got testy and pointed out they'd been completely revised and my request was ridiculous…a treasured audio moment.
mtrot..Then why do we assume all reviewers hear the same thing? This is nothing more than propaganda from the high end industry. Your confusing hearing with sensitivity. Comparing eating a plate of Spaghetti to listening to music is a stupid analogy. If you believe that than go eat a sub woofer.
Paper cones I "hear" are more delicious.
helomech..I owned a pair of Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE's, which I sold before Christmas. A remarkable review you can find on The Sound Apprentice website. Go to their homepage and to the right click on Ascend Acoustics on their topic and brands list. Their conclusion is correct, a benchmark product. It is the best bookshelf I have ever heard in thirty years in its price range. Had it hooked up to my Rega Mira 3 integrated.
Hearing is a sense, like taste or smell.  I doubt 30 people would all have the same impression of the same dinner entree, if they all were to sample it.  Surely, the morphology of each person's ears differs, as well as each person's neural pathways.  No, I don't see how it would even be possible for every person to hear things exactly the same. Perhaps, the overall sound could be perceived similarly, but also the fine details?
The name of the company is Ascend Acoustics, not Accent. I'm not a fan boy of the Audio establishment. More than anything else, I'm a music man, big time. I listen to music at least two hours a night seven days a week when my system is in place. My main interest is Classical Composers and jazz, and hard rock for dessert. Implying I'm lying regarding my stint with Richard is absurd. When I called him back in the summer of '98, it was a quick call and I was impressed he answered the phone. I was polite, easy, just calling to have a tech questioned answered, thats all. I got the impression that he was distracted, probably assembling a speaker, who knows. During the past 30+ years I have had many great phone conversations with companies regarding tech issues that were all very positive. Richard took me by surprise, thats all. My focus in my recent threads is mainly on boutique companies that stay off the radar, that make their products solely for music lovers, not Audiophiles that are just into gear. Companies that have a long term word of mouth reputation, known for making musical treasures. Such as Belles and Ascend Acoustics. These companies are not interested in becoming a large mega million establishment audio company plastering their ads all over the planet in top high end magazines. Their only focus is the music lover, and these type of companies are disappearing. Having been burned by three retail businesses since 1986, is why I only buy direct.
General idea about pricing? I worked in retail for five years selling electronics and camera equipment, and I'm very familiar with bracket buying tables on paper, displaying vertical columns for different product amounts and wholesale discount rates. Common in retail. Also, I have never bought into the false concept " we all hear differently " when we listen to music. Twenty years ago, when I attended the monthly Audio Society meetings on Mercer Island at a church in their lower floor large rec room, we would bring CD's or vinyl to listen to and evaluate. An average of thirty people would show up every month. At the end of each listening session, everyone would have the same opinion of what we heard and always pointed out the bad or good qualities in the recording,
such as poor bass, cold highs, shallow midrange, and poor sound stage.
We assume all reviewers in the top high magazines, regardless of the mag, all hear the same things, Thats why we read their reviews in the first place! For evaluation! When three thousand people are in a concert hall to hear a symphony, guess what, they all hear the same thing. What a bunch of hyperbole. 
audiozen has a beef with Vandersteen and it shows in your posts.  That alone makes anyone question what you say.  You have the general idea about pricing down, but not in all cases.  That's a fact. You speak in absolute terms and fail to realize that many dealers carry equipment that is much better in sound and quality than direct sell.  Not in all cases and that's why I own a bit of each in my own system.  I just want what sounds best for me like most folks seem to want.  

You can speak in absolutes all you want about cabinet materials or expensive drivers and crossovers used, but that means nothing if not implemented correctly.  Maybe the Accent guy does that, but they still won't be the right speaker for everyone.  I love Vandersteen's and Tidal and a few others right now, but that doesn't mean that everyone will or should.  This is why there are a ton of makers out there.  

If a direct buy company doesn't offer at least a 30 day 100% money back guarantee, then I personally won't purchase from them unless they bring the product to the house (yes, I'm lucky since some folks are close to CT).  Maybe that speaker company does that.  If so, good on them.

As for Vandersteen using ghost writers, I highly doubt it.  As for his temper, who knows how you were with him.  It takes two to communicate.  I know a few folks who have had negative conversations with some of the biggest gentlemen in the industry.  It's ironic as I've overheard Richard speaking with an engineer about design concepts etc...  He may not be an engineer on paper, but he surly seemed to know what he was talking about.  Not all engineers have a degree or need one.  They can be self taught too.  

I personally don't care too much about all of that as I'm more into the music and great sound.  You can get that from a variety of components and matching as you pointed out in your Denon response, is THE key thing.  No need to purchase anything if you aren't going to match it with the correct devices.  Thats' at all price points I personally believe. 

I'm not going to disparage anyone or any product in this thread as I don't have a beef, like you admitted to with anyone.  The OP needs to get out and audition as many products as they can in order to figure out what they really want.  When folks actually get to stores and listen for a bit and not let the dealer or the manufacture talk them into something, they will find out they really do like one thing over another.  So often folks don't think amps or pre amps etc, really make a big difference until the sit down and listen to a few of them adn notice that they may not want what they came in look for.  I had that happen wiht me when I thought I wanted Vandy 2 back in the late 90s and walked out with a pair of floor standing ProAc's instead.  

Clock forward to about 4 years ago and I went into the closest ProAc dealer as Richard G (former distributor) sent me to Audio Connection.  I wanted  to purchase a new pair of the newer D series monitors and I walked out with a pair of Vandersteen Treo's.  The owner forced me to listen to all the speakers in my price range, because we all hear differently.  

OP, forget all of us and go listen.lol
helomech..I was referring to organic materials only. Not synthetic like carbon fiber which is made up of polyacrylonitrile and rayon. Very bad material for the environment. Cannot be recycled and it winds up in land fills. China is currently developing an alternative, bamboo carbon fiber, which I'm not sure how green it will be. I heard that Donald Trump is having a pair of Magico M3's dipped in gold to put in his bathroom at the White House.
@audiozen

Nothing against Ascend speakers. I haven’t heard them but from everything I’ve read, I have no doubt that they’re at least competitive with others mentioned here. Owners seem to love them. Do you own a pair? As far as materials are concerned, I wasn’t referring to tensile strength, I was referring to resonance characteristics, where MDF has the advantage over many materials. Besides, compression strength is the more important factor, which is why Magico and others use carbon fiber cabinets, not bamboo and aramid.
Best regards.

Spendmoney

one more question would the ascend towers match up with my Denon better then the Aries?Enter your text ...

I just recently owned  Ascend Towers with the Raal Tweeter options. I had them paired to a Marantz 7500 @ 110 watts, and then upgraded to a Outlaw 7500 Amp ( with a Marantz 8801 Pre Amp) . The Outlaw was 200 watts per channel. To answer your question, the extra 100 amps, when turned up, was very noticeable. Made the system solid at high volumes. More dynamic, more impact. Then I upgrade to a ATI 6005 @ 300 watts per channel.  Again, the change was noticeable when turned up. And even when turned up, the silence in the (quiet parts) was noticeable, as the floor in the ATI was so much better.... But were getting deep here... Lets stay basic. I agree with Audiozen. Ditch the Denon, Go with the Ascends, trade up in Amplification., And I'll add,,, you will need a sub ..   I'll vouch for the Ascends, there a heck of a speaker. But they need a sub for my liking. But that's just me ....         .

Nope. You need to dump the Denon. The Focal and Sierra are designed to handle major amplification. The Denon does not have the power reserve necessary to bring the Focal and Sierra to their best performance level. Dealers are like politicians, they'll tell you exactly what you want to hear. Rule of thumb matching an amplifier to a speaker for maximum performance. Under powering a speaker at high volume levels will heat up your drivers and cause damage. When a company list specs such as amp recommendation as " 100 to 300 watts " , always go for the max. To determine the correct amount of power, call the speaker company and talk to their tech designers, and ask them what is the maximum continuous power their woofer magnets can handle and divide by two. If you are told 500 watts, then 250 watts is what you need. The Parasound A21 amp would be an excellent choice at 250 watts per side and you could pick one up used, as an example. You always want your drivers current volume at least 50% at all times to keep your drivers and crossover components cool for the very best performance. I would go for the Sierra's, much cheaper since their factory direct and you would save about $700, sell the Denon and if your on a tight budget, pick up a used Class D integrated from Wyred 4 Sound, to provide the power you need.
Go to the Ascend Acoustics website and read the review by Enjoy the Music of the Sierra Towers. Review is outstanding.

www.ascendacoustics.com

So these Aries 936 cost the dealer approx $2400. I would think they also pay shipping which probably add another approx 200 costing total 2600 my thought was to offer him 3000.
one more question would the ascend towers match up with my Denon better then the Aries?
helomech..you are off the mark. The report you refer to is from 1977. I looked at the two tables listing woods and composites and bamboo is nowhere to be found. Bamboo plywood is what I'm referring to is stronger than steel. Bamboo has a tensile strength of 28,000 and steel has a tensile strength of 23,000 and is three times stronger than oak. When layered in multiple sheets to form bamboo plywood, it has the highest dampening and resonating ability out of any organic material on the planet. Bamboo is King. Ascend Acoustics uses bamboo plywood for their top speakers which is why the Sierra Towers have a performance level typical of speakers in the $8K to $12K range. Back in 1977 no one even considered at the time to explore the science of bamboo material for the advancement of speaker cabinet structure.
^ No, that's because MDF is less resonant than bamboo. Plywood is one of the best materials, as the BBC concluded with actual research. You can read about it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/publications/rdreport_1977_03
Also, the speaker manufacturer cost to make a speaker, average formula 
is four to one of the factory wholesale cost. The retail wholesale cost for a $10K speaker is $6K. The total manufacturer cost to make that $10K  speaker including packaging and out the door, is $2400.00. This is why the majority of speaker companies build their cabinets with MDF panels,
since MDF is dirt cheap, and will not standardize bamboo panels as an alternative, since it would reduce their profit margins. 
Weird that an Aria owner can’t spell the name of his speakers. I can’t imagine how one would end up deciding between them and Spendors. To say that’s an apples to oranges comparison is an understatement.

Anyway, folks need to get out and audition more speakers. I have a hard time imagining anyone would pick them unless they’ve had a very slim diet of auditions. IMO, yes, just my opinion, the Arias are competitive in the $2K realm, nothing more. I had a chance to buy a demo pair for $2K. I listened to them with a couple well regarded amps, with many genres of music, but they just didn’t have anything that justified their price. I have experience with several less expensive speakers that were better to my ears, including Revel Concerta2 F36s, Monitor Audio Silver 8s, Vandersteen 1Cis, KEF LS50s and Maggie 1.7s (the latter two in all aspects but bass). Of course, this is just my opinion, but that was my honest assessment. I will say they are a great looking speaker.

Avoid retailers at all cost who troll around threads trying to hard sell you to lure you into their stores. Having owned a retail audio business just for two years, and a authorized Nuforce dealer at the time, here is how bracket wholesale buying works. The average wholesale discount a retailer gets for a pair of speakers is 40%. So if a retailer sells you a pair of speakers that cost $10K, he pockets a profit of $4K. The discount is higher, 45 to 50% if purchased in volume. This is why many speaker companies set their retail price very high since they have to sell their speakers at a high discount to retail stores, so you wind up buying an overpriced speaker. Factory direct is the better way to go. I have not bought from a retailer in 24 years.
More than likely, Vandersteen is using "ghost writers" to answer your technical questions online. I mentioned in a recent thread I started under amps/preamps on the new Belles Virtuoso integrated of the very bad experience I had with Richard Vandersteen, having to deal with his explosive temper which he is known for. In the summer of 1998 I spoke to him on the phone and asked him a technical question regarding the 2CE,
wanting to know what the SPL/weighted db level the speaker could reach. He replied "What do you mean?" He had no clue what I was talking about and went dead quiet on the phone. I repeated the question and he yelled at the top of his lungs " I don't have time to answer technical questions" and slammed down the phone. Worst treatment I have ever experienced from an audio company in forty years.
I'll take the Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers over Vandersteens any day of the week. In order to survive, Richard had to take on outside engineers to keep his company afloat during the past twenty years. Richard is not a acoustical engineer nor had an education in electrical engineering. He started out as a DIY guy building speakers in his garage in 1977. Their good speakers but over priced, and Ascend Acoustics designs superior drivers. The goofiest thing I ever came across years ago when Vandersteen updated their website, Is his article on " The truth about pistonic drivers"..when I shared the article with my high end friends they couldn't stop laughing. Great piece of hyperbole.
Spend money,
The Arie 936 are a great speaker, especially for the money!  We have the Arie 936’s and matching center and subs.  Your Denon will be fine with the speakers, yes a better receiver and amp will perform better but if that is not in the budget, you will be o.k. Seriously!  As for the speakers go, there are a lot of good speaker but when it come to value and performance the Arie are hard to beat!  They look great as well, mine are in piano black and the contrast is wow!  Speaker wires will go a long way and unfortunately another huge topic.  I like making my own at this point.   http://www.tempoelectric.com/cables.htm Are a great reference and insight on cables.  It makes a noticeable difference!  My wife also really liked the Arie 936’s because of the sound and you can easily incorporate the speakers into a home theatre setup.  That was her deciding point and what we ended up doing.  We were torn between Spendor D7’s  but the Arie’s 936’s could expand.  I can personally tell you that the Arie’s have not disappointed and absolutely puts a smile on everyone’s face!  We did like the 948’s the top speaker in the Arie line but our room was better set up for the 936’s.  We generally have it set about 10-11 feet away which is their wheel house, the soundstage, imagining, and Projection is outstanding!  You also do not need as much room as other speaker due to fact that they fire forwards.  I find myself or really my daughter and wife listening to a lot of music through the Arie’s.  On that note speakers will last your av receiver will go out of date and should be considered a distant second, there is always new technology very little in speakers they last!  I also run Anthem receiver and amps for the setup.   I do have my own listening room, but that is strictly listening and that is for another time.  Get the Arie’s you won’t regret it!  
nitrobob..To bad you sold your Ascend Acoustics. You were using the wrong amplifier. The speaker is known for its killer bass and works best with gobs of power. You were using a Marantz 7500, a budget surround receiver with not enough power reserve to meet the demands of the Ascends. Don't be deceived by the price. They are designed on a level of the best studio and high end speakers on the market. The owner of the company,
David Fabrikant, is one of the finest acoustical engineers in the country who stays off the radar. Their word of mouth reputation makes up for a large cult following globally. David also is a speaker driver/designer. Their way ahead of the game, using a bamboo cabinet structure which is 500%
stronger than MDF capable of much higher resistance to cabinet resonance, distortion and internal turbulence. If you are into heavy metal, hard rock, the Nrt tweeter is better than the RAAL for that type of music. You would've been better off using a hefty 200 watts outboard amp that doubles at 4 ohms which would've transformed your Sierra Towers to a performance level you were not aware of. No wonder you got 6 buyers in eight hours.
speakerpeeper2 posts01-27-2018 11:47amI vote for a pair of speakers hand crafted by Fritz Heiler. Why pay to support a large company's glitz and overhead when you could be using your purchasing power to get the same top of the line drivers used in the "big box" speakers, superior series crossovers, and hand made, expertly veneered cabinets for much less? Fritz is a one man army. He built me a custom pair with the same configuration as his Rev 7 model but with the 4 ohm 7" Scanspeak Revelator mid-bass driver instead of the 8 ohm, which adds more robust bass and quicker overall response. The teakwood boxes are flawless and look amazing. Fritz takes a personal interest in each customer and will help you choose the best model for your system. Check out the many reviews available online, most of which are linked to on his website. 

I haven't heard any of his speakers, but I hear folks say 'why support a large company' all the time. What is large to you?  Most audio only companies are not large by any means.  This is such a cottage industry so most companies never get that large.  What you will get with a company that isn't under 5 people is more stability when you need help in the future.  Many have been burned by companies that are 'small'.  What a company does have if they produce enough is economy of scale.  They also have much better R&D and most often can produce a better product as the same cost.  I have purchased a lot of stuff from a one person company and will continue to do so, but I purchase with some risk also.  

I've yet to hear any of the speakers that are one to three man shops sound better than a great pair of Vandersteen's.  Not taking anything away from Fritz's speakers as I haven't heard them that I know of.  I just don't feel that he is giving you better sound because he's a one man shop.  Also, you mention personal interest with customers, you have a shop where you can audition speakers adn they take a personal interest for sure and love building life long relationships.  Most companies I purchase from also will let you get in touch and care when you have questions your dealer can't help with. Heck, Richard Vandersteen even has a board on his site where he personally answers the questions and if you call there, you can most often get in touch with him.  Lot's of great companies out here.
I own the Aria 926  I think they come in around the $3.5K mark.  I compared them in my house directly against the Sonus Faber in the same price range,  The SF might have been even a few hundred $$ more.  My setup is class D amplification, Tubed Pre, streaming and vinyl.  The SF were the winner for strings and wood but I chose the Aria because I thought the covered the gamut of music I listen to just a little bit better.  I think the Aria are sensitive to room configuration they need space.
I vote for a pair of speakers hand crafted by Fritz Heiler. Why pay to support a large company's glitz and overhead when you could be using your purchasing power to get the same top of the line drivers used in the "big box" speakers, superior series crossovers, and hand made, expertly veneered cabinets for much less? Fritz is a one man army. He built me a custom pair with the same configuration as his Rev 7 model but with the 4 ohm 7" Scanspeak Revelator mid-bass driver instead of the 8 ohm, which adds more robust bass and quicker overall response. The teakwood boxes are flawless and look amazing. Fritz takes a personal interest in each customer and will help you choose the best model for your system. Check out the many reviews available online, most of which are linked to on his website.
I have to say that I too like the Vandersteen 2's with an integrated.  I have heard them driven by NAD or Emotive or Rotel or Yamaha's and they always deliver.  They will sound better and better with much more expensive gear adn to me, that's the sign of a great speaker.  If you really want to have a speaker with great tonality, extension, able to move some air in teh room and not fatiguing, you owe it to yourself to bring your amp into a Vandy dealer and listen to your own music.  

There is a reason it's been around since 78 and it's only gotten better and better.  Still as good a value as there is in audio IMHO.  
For $2k, I can heartily recommend the Silverline Minuet Grand. Easy to drive, dynamic, superbly coherent and naturally dense midrange. If you don't have a quality sub already, money saved could be applied there, or save up to upgrade amplification. I'll have a review coming out on my site soon. http://taww.co
Post removed 
You can build the Linkwitz LX521 for about $2800 in drivers, active crossover and pre-cut cabinet parts.  You'd have a loudspeaker that nobody here would even come close to surpassing, at ANY price.

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/LX521/LX521_4.htm
I second "baranyi"... I sold a pair of expensive speakers and got those few months ago.  Read the review of Tecton Double Impact in current Stereotimes.com
Hey Johnny R, we will be seeing you tomorrow for the Vandy 3A signatures.  Warm them up for us!

We will be Happy Listening with Johnny R!  Anyone else here in New Jersey want to come by at 2pm tomorrow a few of us will be there to listen. That is Audio Connection in Verona.   I'll buy the pizza.

Post removed 
Tekton Double Impacts=3 grand.I have the Pendragons but,The DI's seem to be the ones to go with in your price range.Made in The USA
Post removed