Integrated tube amp under $1000 / $2000

Recently a friend asked me which tube amp he could get used for $1000, I replied that maybe for $2000 he could get something decent but honestly I have no idea what to answer. As a matter of fact I told him for a 1000 he might better get SS than tubes. I have Atmasphere MA-1s myself. 
Can anyone provide some constructive advice of decent tube amps with acceptable quality for $1k (or up to $2k) to drive Klipsch speakers, trying to find out the exact model, I think he has Cornwalls.
Thank you in advance. 

Luis 
luisma31
PrimaLuna tube gear is an excellent value for the cost, unlike say, Audio Research!
I owned a Cayin A-50T for awhile and was very impressed with the build quality and sonics, this after owning tube amps from Dynaco, Rogue, AES and Cary. The updated model, the Mark II, adds a remote and the ability to use KT88 tubes in addition to the EL-34s used in the original. I bought mine with the stock tubes but re-tubed it with Gold Lion reissue KT77s and signal tubes which improved the already excellent sound. The original model like mine goes for around $800 used and the Mark II sells for $1,600 new.
I replaced the Cayin with a Raven Audio Blackhawk LE which is definitely better, at more than three times the price.
https://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/308cay/index.html
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0707/cayin_a_50t.htm

Used Audio Research VSI55's typically sell for around $1500.  A little over your friend's budget, but it would sound sublime with Klipsch.  It was a really nice match with my Heresy's.  I'm using Harbeth P3ESRs with it now.
Thank you for the answers, I will be sending these to my friend, he is an audiophile but he is just finding about it now :), his klipsch are Chorus 2.

I agree on the Quicksilver .....  great amps, great company....   I am running their Mid Monos with a pair of Heresy III and its a great combo.
You can get a used Rogue Cronus Magnum 100wpc Integrated for around $1500.00 or so ( the first edition).  
If your friend can find one, I highly recommend a Cayin A-88T, first generation (not MK II or MK III).  An audio person I trust told me that if I ever found one, to grab it.  I found one in mint condition for $900.  It's a tank and I love the sound.  One downside, it's a bit difficult to to bias the tubes.
I too recommend the Cayin A-88T, I have the MK II. Biasing the tubes is not very difficult. There are four adjustment screws accessible from the top of the unit with an easy to read meter. After I bought my Luxman integrated, I decided to keep the Cayin, I just couldn't part with it. I plan on switching them out periodically. 
Rogue Cronus, might be able to go new with the newest version, they have amazing reviews.
I can second the Cayin as I had one paired with the Chorus 2. Much better fit than SS IMO. I was using the A100T. The A50 would be plenty of power for those Klipsch. 
... here's what I am doing as an experiment and an education: for $150,  I purchased a Monoprice PN # 16153: Stereo Hybrid 50w Amp with Bluetooth and Preamp Out. I hooked it up to my Pioneer Elite DV-37 DVD (intuitively I think that the ability of reading a CD is actually better from a DVD player) with my JBL L25 Prima speakers and am learning abit about how different even a cheap piece like this nt amp can sound with different tubes. Why not try it as well and really get into the equipment part  of this hobby...
+3 on Quicksilver with Cornwalls.  

A member on the Klipsch forum noted Mike Sanders of QS personally owns and uses Cornwalls with his Quicksilver amps.   Some good 2nd hand deals come up on QS monos, but the sweet EL84 20W Integrated is the real bargain if you don't already own a good tube preamp.  

Klipsch Forum Post:  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/185957-preamp-recommendations-for-my-quicksilver-corn...

I owned a Cayin A-50T for awhile and was very impressed with the build quality and sonics, this after owning tube amps from Dynaco, Rogue, AES and Cary. The updated model, the Mark II, adds a remote and the ability to use KT88 tubes in addition to the EL-34s used in the original. I bought mine with the stock tubes but re-tubed it with Gold Lion reissue KT77s and signal tubes which improved the already excellent sound. The original model like mine goes for around $800 used and the Mark II sells for $1,600 new.

@sfar 
Thank you this is interesting, yours and others recommendations seems to point the Cayin as a good candidate. 
Used Decware mini torii
@grinnell 

How's tube life on this amp? Do you have to replace tubes often? 

Some good 2nd hand deals come up on QS monos, but the sweet EL84 20W Integrated is the real bargain if you don't already own a good tube preamp.  
@decooney 
This looks interesting as well, QS could be another option, thank you 

I would like to second sfar on the Cayin A-50T. It really is a stunning amp for the money. I bought mine new and while the stock tubes were decent, I re-tubed it with inexpensive Tung-Sol EL34s. This amp sounds big but sweet and refined with great imaging. Harry Weisfeld of VPI once said about this amp: "The Cayin A-50T is the best low-price amp I have ever heard, and it rivals some of the best amps in any price range." I would tend to agree.
 I am very happy with a 1965 Sansui 1000A Receiver/Integrated amp at 40wpc RMS. Completely restored by Decibel Audio of Chicago. Sounds amazing with my Sansui SP-2000 speakers. Has 21 tubes in total with 2 very heavy Hashimoto transformers contributing to its weight. They do appear now and then on eBay. Need complete recapping. Early 60s were the peak time of tube technology after which transistors took over. I am sure Klipsch can be driven by them, unless they require amps above 200w. Also worth looking for Sansui AU-111 which is an integrated amp from the same era, though it probably will be more than 2k. 
I like Primaluna because I have had good luck with mine. Easy on tubes. NO biasing. Quiet and as black as about anything I have heard for way more money. Good power for the rating. They hold value very well so if you want to move up in power - (why?) - it is a lot cheaper to do.
+4 for the Quicksilver. Quality, sound, value and a great match for the Klipsch. 
$1000-$2000 is a good budget for exploring tube amplifiers.   Cayin, Rogue, Prima Luna all get rave reviews and are readily available both new and used.   I would also suggest Icon Audio.  This company is not well known in the US, but very well known and very well regarded in the UK and EU.

If you are patient and lucky, you may find a Line Magnetic integrated amp within your budget.

The used market provides a lot of options.  Several Audio Research and Conrad Johnson models should be easy to find.

Personally, I would look for a vintage tube amp.  Such and amp would be a GREAT match for Klipsch speakers, and unlike just about all of the above, a used but restored vintage amplifier will retain value, and may appreciate.  This can be crucial consideration if you want to buy-try-sell-repeat several times before finding an amp to live with.

Caveat is to be sure to purchase a carefully restored amplifier- from a reputable seller, and preferably with a warranty.

Fisher X202, or X1000   Scott 272 are both well regarded integrated amplifiers.

Fisher 500c or 800c are universally regarded as 2 of the finest receivers of the golden era.
The best sound / price ratio of all mentioned above would be the Kingko KA-101 Pro. Outstanding performance with both the Klipsch Heritage and Reference lines. Icing on the cake is a world class headphone output.

https://www.dagogo.com/kingko-audio-ka-101-integrated-amplifier-review/
Prima Luna Prologue Classic is still available from their old line. $1799 brand new. 
Luis,
Consider total cost and your time too IF you are super particular about who you want it to sound, or if you have upgrade-itis. :)  The unexpected and eventual added tube rolling costs many encounter for some of the base model amps that come with generic low grade $ entry level tubes is something to really consider.  A few good designers actually take the extra step to design and/or include decent sounding tubes and coupling caps with their amps new.  That added R&D and years of designer listening time and fine tuning time is totally worth the extra few hundred bucks one might pay for the (better version amp) and a huge time saver, particularly if you put a value on your time. 
Thanks, I agree, my friend is not the always look for the next upgrade type, I mentioned the same thing to him, also asked him to join audiogon and this thread. But I'm also learning from all the postings here, before atmasphere I was considering line magnetic, after attending rmaf, axpona and the Florida audio show I can say my system with the atmas sounds superb, I'm still tweaking a few things, rolling 6sn7s etc. 
Luis,
Which 6SN7s are you rolling through your MA-1s?

-----------------------------

For my rig I settled on Sylvania Black plate 6SN7s for my preamp a while back, but once those let go down the road in a few years, I’ll be revisiting them again, maybe PSVANE MKIIs, or Shuguang,... others as I can’t see more NOS. Seems your buddy could pick up some nice 2nd hand amps or an integrated if its his the first leap into tubes and decide later to step up again, or not. We just put a set of KT88 PSVANEs and 12AX7 PSVANE in a friends used and  now fully upgraded Jolida JD801BRC integrated amp, and surprisingly it's very competitive after all the expensive upgrades were made. 
Which 6SN7s are you rolling through your MA-1s?
@decooney 

So many, mainly on the MP3, I have been using CV181-Z (black treasure Chinese boutique) very nice tubes, good bass and best of all no microphonics. Tried the Psvane CV-181TII, really good sound, one died within the month, something is loose inside and the tube wasn't subjected to mechanical stress or anything. Now NOS tubes, 6SN7GTs I like the Raytheons smoked glass, Sylvania's chrome domes are fine, I don't like contrary to what most people say the 5962's red base RCA's, neither the 6SN7WGT's (wartime class) neither the GTAs or GTBs, to me the best sounding are the GT'sThe MA's i'm using exclusively NOS, Sylvania's chrome domes, rca's, tungsols etc.

and yes the Sylvania's overall are the best from that era, sometimes microphonics could be an issue
@luisma31 09-20-2019 8:08pm

...Recently a friend asked me which tube amp he could get used for $1000, I replied that maybe for $2000 he could get something decent but honestly I have no idea what to answer...

Luis,
How's the recommendation coming along for your friend, did you decide?  Seems like there were several great recommendations here. I have a friend looking to do the same, but not sure what to recommend as I've run mostly separates and heard only a few integratess like the QS and my former highly upgrade Cary SLI-80.  Some of the other recommendations here sound like fun too.     
I haven't spoke to my friend in about a week, have to follow up with him

Jorge u here already watching this thread? 
https://www.questforsound.com/amps/amps_sq88.htm

Towards the upper end of your friends budget but it is new, self biasing and able to roll from stock KT88 to 6550 or EL-34.  
Great sounding amp that is pure simplicity for tube loving folks that don't want to fiddle with biasing.  Powerful enough for many speakers out there and more than plenty for heritage Klipsch.
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9ggc7-rogue-audio-cronus-magnum-2-silver-faceplate-demo-w-warranty-tube

I had been happy with  Rogue Cronus Magnum II for 6 years after some tube rolling with Amperex 12Au7 and Telefunken 12AX7.

I still keep it just as reserve for Silbatone 300B amp and Line Magnetic 508.

Thomas
A member and colleague here was supposed to list his DH Inspire 6L6 Triode tube amp and the matching LP27 tube preamp as a set/pair, and he also has a Decware Tori he mentioned planning to list on Agon.  Have not seen it yet, will keep an eye out. 
Luisma 31 , I have been busy at work , I have been reading the comments and reading about the suggestions. I Have learned a lot from every recommendations. I appreciate the help.
Because many Klipsch speakers are so efficient, a single ended class A tube amp can do its thing without the need for much power...I use a Dennis Had SEP (12wpc relative to output tubes) with Heresy IIIs and it sounds magical, as well as real good. After years with a push-pull tube amp it's sort of eye opening to hear what well designed single ended amp can do.
Will Vincent offers great stuff, mostly heavily modified Dynaco ST 70 amps.  But he does offer one model with one input and a volume pot.  Highest quality components.
Cayin owners, A88T vs A100T? Can you roll kt120 150s on the cayin? The quicksilver seems to be better at this and @pepepizarro could have more fun rolling tubes as well