All New Yamaha NS-2000A Loudspeakers Are On The Market

rick2000

I suspect your price prediction is optimistic.

From the model number, I expected them to be a miniature 2-way version of the NS-5000, but no, a substantial floorstander using the same Zylon material. Should be a winner if they don't price them too high.

They do look beautiful. At the present exchange rate, they'd go for about $7,515.55 so $5,000 is a bit optimistic.

All the best,
Nonoise

And I care because???  I can get a nice pair of Vandersteen model 5A speakers used for less money.

Having owned NS1000s, and always into horns, I would likely buy the Yammies over the Vandys ( I owned Vandys too ). Different sounds and presentations for different people. Bigkids, I am surprised you even jumped in with an opinion. As an equipment designer, you should know better. The 2000s look great with a lot of Yamaha technology behind them. BTW, Yamaha has the NS3000, a smaller 2 way from the 5000s.

Stereo5 and nonoise, the exchange rate is irrelevant, most European countries have MUCH higher sales related taxes, think vat, that's why many things are cheaper in the USA. I won't even mention tariffs...

It’s true that pricing is never at the exact exchange rate and sometimes one can almost swap the $ sign for the € sign, leaving the numbers alone, but I’ve never seen something that went for €7,000 drop down to something like $5,000 or even a bit higher.

Looking up the pricing of my Technics SU-G700M2 in Europe and what I paid for it, (€2299 vs $2699) the price for the Yamaha speaker could go for $5962.60, all things being equal.

All the best,
Nonoise

I was debating about selling my gear in my Livingroom and getting the new KEF LS60, because I love the Blade design. However, I could not sell my Livingroom gear because I like it too much and I would regret it.

Then I considered the KEF Blade which is too big and hard to place in my room. Common sense says not to get it even though that would be my favorite.

The next choice is my old choice from a few years ago. The Yamaha NS5000, placement is a lot easier and my very neutral sounding gear will match perfectly with the slightly warm NS5000. I have demoed the NS5000 before and it is a great sounding speaker.

The new models mentioned on this thread may not be pure Zylon. I did not read the press release too carefully.

I worked for a dealer back in the 70s when a flash flood filled the building with 7 feet of water.  When we finally allowed to access to the building, there was still about 2 feet of water in the building, slowing seeping out the gap in the bottom of the front door.  It looked like an aquarium.  The first thing that caught my eye was a pair of NS1000A floating face down in dirty, filthy, flood waters.  A sickening feeling to say the least.

I'm expecting the NS2000A to be an instant success in the US.  Just keep them dry.

Copies of Polk speakers. Copies of everyone’s speakers for that matter! Anyone even considering these needs to have their HiFi license revoked.

From the Yamaha website:

For each and every one of its speaker units, the NS-2000A employs the newly developed Harmonious Diaphragm™ - made from a blend of ZYLON®, which has excellent sound velocity and minimal internal dissipation, and spruce, which is actually used in the soundboard of Yamaha grand pianos and is essential for emanating sound.

So not 100%.

The NS-2000A looks quite different from the NS-2000!

I just Googled these speakers.  They really look nice.  Their specs indicated they play down to 34 HZ.  I wonder what they sound like?

Is there a more diversified audio company than Yamaha ? More technically advanced than Yamaha in any of those other areas ? 

wolfie62, Physics, is physics, is physics. Most speakers all look the same because they employ the same engineering design principles - radiating drivers in a box (except for say Maggies and others that aren't sealed or ported boxes)

But yeah, I'd want to HEAR these and how they sound at their price point compared to others.  They are very pretty for sure. But then piano gloss black and white have been around a very long time already.  Is it dated or "classic"?

Specs say 34 Hz-65 kHz (-10 dB).  Not very meaningful.  I mean -10dB??? 

How about +/-1.5dB?  But I won't hold my breath.

Then we have far too many manufacturers of late not even specifying ANY +/- dB ratings...just giving some wild guess frequency range.  Jeez.

I owned a pair if Yamaha NS1000M's back in the late 70's. Ok sound but nothing spectacular.  Speakers like these come and go continuously from companies like Yamaha. I would stick with Vandersteen.  IMO.

@mrdecibel  yeah I was biting my tongue when I wrote that.  IMO you have not heard the Vandersteen speakers until you hard them on my equipment.  That is when I heard what they were meant to sound like.

Happy Listening.

I love my NS-5000's.  They plumb the depths of bass and are real classics with "breeding" and offer incredible value and technology.  They do take up more room than tower speakers so unless you've got a really large living room, they can tend to dominate.  That's the only tradeoff, buying a bigger house!

J'approuve leur beauté physique!

@moonwatcher 

Specs say 34 Hz-65 kHz (-10 dB).  Not very meaningful.  I mean -10dB??? 

Probably does not reflect in-room bass response.

@bigkidz , I would bet, your gear, driving the Yamahas, would likely surprise you. Listen, I am not a Vandy guy, which does not reflect negatively on them. It is not my taste, simple as that. Enjoy ! MrD.

@mrdecibel  thanks Mr.D,  if you are ever visiting the NYC NJ area let me know  Our. listening o.om is open.