Xangsane XS-1001Ag silver coax SPDIF cable

I recently purchased a second hand Gustard X26 Pro DAC.

I was a bit disappointed with the sound from the sPDIF input; imprecise, splashy treble, not enough resolution.

I was using a Canare coaxial cable. Supposed to be "True 75Ohms and industry standard".

I decided to order this Xangsane pure silver coax cable, it arrived a couple of days ago. All I can say is WOW. Much more precision and transparency. Fabulous, wide and open image. Sometimes still a tiny bit "restrained" (?) in bass dynamics but the cable is new and pure silver + teflon is going to need some break in time.

But with this cable I’m finally able to hear what the X26 Pro is capable of!

rolox
Post removed 

"...pure silver + teflon is going to need some break in time." - might as well lay this cable out in the moonlight for the magic to appear!

@thyname : someone grounded in Reality has to respond to the wild claims made by the cable believers. Wire does not change sonically whether you freeze it, run a million volts through it or lay it out in the moonlight. To believe otherwise is to deny science and engage in magical thinking!

I stated in the first post here - now removed - that the OP did not follow a rigorous test protocol to be really certain that the improvements he claimed to hear were real or imaginary. Obviously I offended him and he had my post removed.

Jason Bourne @jasonbourne71  @jasonbourne52 :

jasonbourne71

318 posts

@thyname : someone grounded in Reality has to respond to the wild claims made by the cable believers. Wire does not change sonically whether you freeze it, run a million volts through it or lay it out in the moonlight. To believe otherwise is to deny science and engage in magical thinking!

So you have made your life goal to spam every single cable thread in this forum in an attempt to shut down every single discussion on cables?

I stated in the first post here - now removed - that the OP did not follow a rigorous test protocol to be really certain that the improvements he claimed to hear were real or imaginary.

How dare he have the audacity to use and trust his own ears rather than take your approach and just bury his head in the sand in complete denial.  Give it a rest man — it’s getting way old and you’re not swaying anyone here anyway.  Sheesh. 

I would like to ask the OP how does he know how "pure" this Xangsane silver cable really is? Did he get it tested at a metallurgy lab? Or did he just eyeball it? That "pure" silver wire can easily have 10% copper added and it will look exactly the same as 100% silver! US silver coinage pre-1965 used the 90/10% silver/copper ratio!

@thyname : I have been here since 2016. Under my first moniker I had about 4K posts. Then I had to get a new phone and I had to reapply under a new name - jasonbourne52. That had 2863 posts until I needed another phone. For the third time I had to reapply - now jasonbourne71. So with around 7K posts here I know what I'm talking about!

jasonbourne71

320 posts

@thyname : I have been here since 2016. Under my first moniker I had about 4K posts. Then I had to get a new phone and I had to reapply under a new name - jasonbourne52. That had 2863 posts until I needed another phone. For the third time I had to reapply - now jasonbourne71. So with around 7K posts here I know what I'm talking about!

Report this

Not really. 100 posts or 10,000 posts, you have been saying the same thing over and over. It makes zero difference.

jasonborn,

you should actually read up on transmission cables and their effects in electronic circuits as your comment on them is grossly misguided and uninformed. I'm not saying there is an audible difference that's for your own ears to determine but cables DO mater in an electronic circuit as even wires have resistance capacitance and inductance, type of termination and how its terminated also effects the circuit. there is a reason in industry we test cables to a specific specification. reflections hi impedance etc all effect the signal transmission. weather that's audible or not in a stereo system is another argument.   

@rolox 

Ignore @jasonbourne71 like I always do. Xangsane brand is the bargain of a lifetime! I took a chance on a set of interconnects on the advice of another member, and they are better than a $900 set of Kimber Select that I own. There use very pure rectangular conductors. Anyway, who cares about why they sound good, that's what I pay the manufacturer to worry about!

"So with around 7K posts here I know what I'm talking about!"

So much for SOUND reasoning.

DeKay

"Very pure rectangular conductors"! So, just like Transparent uses! Show me the engineering data that proves the shape of a wire conductor improves signal transmission in the audio range of 20hz - 20khz. BTW I did buy a pair of the Transparent RSC cables out of curiosity. Secondhand, not expensive.

@rolox I'm not familiar with Xangsane,but will definitely check them out. I recently replaced a silver, copper,gold coax with a solid silver from Voodoo and experienced much the same result as you did.Congrats!

@rolox OP: how much was this cable? It must have been thousands of dollars considering Jason Bourne is throwing a tantrum here....

@roxy54 yeah I use those interconnects too. They are the bargain of the century. Being familiar with those, I needed to give the coax cable a shot, and I'm not disappointed!

@jtcf definitely check them out. Their silver wires are fabulous.

@thyname it is around 130€ for 1 meter. 

@jasonbourne71 yawn.

@rolox : Thanks. 130 euros is very reasonable cost for a good cable. It shows the snake oilers would always protest on cables, regardless of their price. It's a concept thing for them, nothing to do with price. They just dislike (or is it "hate"?) cables, period.

LavriCables is another one to put on your radar. Several of us here have used their various cables, and everyone without exception has been very impressed with both their performance and value. They use 5N silver and high-quality AECO connectors and have very good build quality and seem to be priced similarly to Xangsane cables. They are made in Latvia BTW, but I don’t think they make a digital cable. Just another option to consider FWIW. Here are their base-level RCA interconnects just for reference…

https://www.lavricables.com/cables/reference-silver-rca-interconnects/

I agree @soix Lavricables are great value for the money. However, I don’t think they make S/PDIF or AES/EBU cables. 

@rolox 

Looks like I've been labeled an "expert" just because I like the Xangsane products. Oh well, I can live with that.

I recently ordered and received a Xangsane phono cable from AliXpress, Ordered it because I was hoping the shielding protocol used looked “proper” and wanted to see if it would help reduce hiss/hum from my vinyl playback.

Yup, it did! Noise all but gone!

Have not had an opportunity to A/B the cable with my previous one sonically (too busy comparing amps at the moment…) but I look forward to listing what, if any improvement I hear.

It did do what I hoped it would do, and that was eliminate pretty much all the noise! Was so pleased with that, don’t know if I care how much better it sounds sonically, because it already sounds better :)

Would happily try one of their other products and compare them to the other cables in my system.

The naysayers like to compare a source to a DC battery, and the receiving component to a light bulb. Constant, stable source, constant stable load.Cable is not going to matter much beyond its resistance.

In a home Hifi set up, this is flawed thinking. An ever changing dynamic signal going from the source to a reactive load/destination component. The impedance, resistance and capacitance of the cable all react to that dynamic signal differently, and send a modified version of the signal to the load, or destination component.

Cables, matter.

I haven't tried Chifi cables yet, but I did buy one that Steve Huff recommended on one of his videos......so obviously I'm not opposed to them. There are some great reasonably priced cables from companies like: DHLabs, Zavfino, Morrow Audio, and the previously mentioned LavriCables; both high purity copper, and silver cables available.

@jasonbourne71 

Why are you even here? 

You do nothing but deride everything and anybody you disagree with and contribute absolutely nothing of value. 

Your profile picture is very appropriate.

@jasonbourne71 + @jasonbourne52 

3,186 responses, but not one discussion started.

Just what I'd expect from a man that thinks he knows everything.

I am not surprised by the OP’s experience with a Xangsane product. I bought a Xangsane power cable a few years ago and its performance matched or exceeded some significantly more expensive cables from DH Labs and Furutech.

Post removed