Xangsane XS-1001Ag silver coax SPDIF cable

I recently purchased a second hand Gustard X26 Pro DAC.

I was a bit disappointed with the sound from the sPDIF input; imprecise, splashy treble, not enough resolution.

I was using a Canare coaxial cable. Supposed to be "True 75Ohms and industry standard".

I decided to order this Xangsane pure silver coax cable, it arrived a couple of days ago. All I can say is WOW. Much more precision and transparency. Fabulous, wide and open image. Sometimes still a tiny bit "restrained" (?) in bass dynamics but the cable is new and pure silver + teflon is going to need some break in time.

But with this cable I’m finally able to hear what the X26 Pro is capable of!

rolox

Showing 6 responses by jasonbourne71

"...pure silver + teflon is going to need some break in time." - might as well lay this cable out in the moonlight for the magic to appear!

I stated in the first post here - now removed - that the OP did not follow a rigorous test protocol to be really certain that the improvements he claimed to hear were real or imaginary. Obviously I offended him and he had my post removed.

@thyname : I have been here since 2016. Under my first moniker I had about 4K posts. Then I had to get a new phone and I had to reapply under a new name - jasonbourne52. That had 2863 posts until I needed another phone. For the third time I had to reapply - now jasonbourne71. So with around 7K posts here I know what I'm talking about!

@thyname : someone grounded in Reality has to respond to the wild claims made by the cable believers. Wire does not change sonically whether you freeze it, run a million volts through it or lay it out in the moonlight. To believe otherwise is to deny science and engage in magical thinking!

I would like to ask the OP how does he know how "pure" this Xangsane silver cable really is? Did he get it tested at a metallurgy lab? Or did he just eyeball it? That "pure" silver wire can easily have 10% copper added and it will look exactly the same as 100% silver! US silver coinage pre-1965 used the 90/10% silver/copper ratio!

"Very pure rectangular conductors"! So, just like Transparent uses! Show me the engineering data that proves the shape of a wire conductor improves signal transmission in the audio range of 20hz - 20khz. BTW I did buy a pair of the Transparent RSC cables out of curiosity. Secondhand, not expensive.