Xangsane XS-1001Ag silver coax SPDIF cable

I recently purchased a second hand Gustard X26 Pro DAC.

I was a bit disappointed with the sound from the sPDIF input; imprecise, splashy treble, not enough resolution.

I was using a Canare coaxial cable. Supposed to be "True 75Ohms and industry standard".

I decided to order this Xangsane pure silver coax cable, it arrived a couple of days ago. All I can say is WOW. Much more precision and transparency. Fabulous, wide and open image. Sometimes still a tiny bit "restrained" (?) in bass dynamics but the cable is new and pure silver + teflon is going to need some break in time.

But with this cable I’m finally able to hear what the X26 Pro is capable of!

rolox

Showing 1 response by perkri

I recently ordered and received a Xangsane phono cable from AliXpress, Ordered it because I was hoping the shielding protocol used looked “proper” and wanted to see if it would help reduce hiss/hum from my vinyl playback.

Yup, it did! Noise all but gone!

Have not had an opportunity to A/B the cable with my previous one sonically (too busy comparing amps at the moment…) but I look forward to listing what, if any improvement I hear.

It did do what I hoped it would do, and that was eliminate pretty much all the noise! Was so pleased with that, don’t know if I care how much better it sounds sonically, because it already sounds better :)

Would happily try one of their other products and compare them to the other cables in my system.

The naysayers like to compare a source to a DC battery, and the receiving component to a light bulb. Constant, stable source, constant stable load.Cable is not going to matter much beyond its resistance.

In a home Hifi set up, this is flawed thinking. An ever changing dynamic signal going from the source to a reactive load/destination component. The impedance, resistance and capacitance of the cable all react to that dynamic signal differently, and send a modified version of the signal to the load, or destination component.

Cables, matter.