Xangsane XS-1001Ag silver coax SPDIF cable

I recently purchased a second hand Gustard X26 Pro DAC.

I was a bit disappointed with the sound from the sPDIF input; imprecise, splashy treble, not enough resolution.

I was using a Canare coaxial cable. Supposed to be "True 75Ohms and industry standard".

I decided to order this Xangsane pure silver coax cable, it arrived a couple of days ago. All I can say is WOW. Much more precision and transparency. Fabulous, wide and open image. Sometimes still a tiny bit "restrained" (?) in bass dynamics but the cable is new and pure silver + teflon is going to need some break in time.

But with this cable I’m finally able to hear what the X26 Pro is capable of!

rolox

Showing 3 responses by roxy54

@rolox 

Looks like I've been labeled an "expert" just because I like the Xangsane products. Oh well, I can live with that.

@rolox 

Ignore @jasonbourne71 like I always do. Xangsane brand is the bargain of a lifetime! I took a chance on a set of interconnects on the advice of another member, and they are better than a $900 set of Kimber Select that I own. There use very pure rectangular conductors. Anyway, who cares about why they sound good, that's what I pay the manufacturer to worry about!