Xangsane XS-1001Ag silver coax SPDIF cable

I recently purchased a second hand Gustard X26 Pro DAC.

I was a bit disappointed with the sound from the sPDIF input; imprecise, splashy treble, not enough resolution.

I was using a Canare coaxial cable. Supposed to be "True 75Ohms and industry standard".

I decided to order this Xangsane pure silver coax cable, it arrived a couple of days ago. All I can say is WOW. Much more precision and transparency. Fabulous, wide and open image. Sometimes still a tiny bit "restrained" (?) in bass dynamics but the cable is new and pure silver + teflon is going to need some break in time.

But with this cable I’m finally able to hear what the X26 Pro is capable of!

rolox

Showing 1 response by glennewdick

jasonborn,

you should actually read up on transmission cables and their effects in electronic circuits as your comment on them is grossly misguided and uninformed. I'm not saying there is an audible difference that's for your own ears to determine but cables DO mater in an electronic circuit as even wires have resistance capacitance and inductance, type of termination and how its terminated also effects the circuit. there is a reason in industry we test cables to a specific specification. reflections hi impedance etc all effect the signal transmission. weather that's audible or not in a stereo system is another argument.