Xangsane XS-1001Ag silver coax SPDIF cable

I recently purchased a second hand Gustard X26 Pro DAC.

I was a bit disappointed with the sound from the sPDIF input; imprecise, splashy treble, not enough resolution.

I was using a Canare coaxial cable. Supposed to be "True 75Ohms and industry standard".

I decided to order this Xangsane pure silver coax cable, it arrived a couple of days ago. All I can say is WOW. Much more precision and transparency. Fabulous, wide and open image. Sometimes still a tiny bit "restrained" (?) in bass dynamics but the cable is new and pure silver + teflon is going to need some break in time.

But with this cable I’m finally able to hear what the X26 Pro is capable of!

rolox

Showing 2 responses by soix

I stated in the first post here - now removed - that the OP did not follow a rigorous test protocol to be really certain that the improvements he claimed to hear were real or imaginary.

How dare he have the audacity to use and trust his own ears rather than take your approach and just bury his head in the sand in complete denial.  Give it a rest man — it’s getting way old and you’re not swaying anyone here anyway.  Sheesh. 

LavriCables is another one to put on your radar. Several of us here have used their various cables, and everyone without exception has been very impressed with both their performance and value. They use 5N silver and high-quality AECO connectors and have very good build quality and seem to be priced similarly to Xangsane cables. They are made in Latvia BTW, but I don’t think they make a digital cable. Just another option to consider FWIW. Here are their base-level RCA interconnects just for reference…

https://www.lavricables.com/cables/reference-silver-rca-interconnects/