Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty

Easily my vote for the best jazz release of 2023, which has been a pretty strong year for those of us in search of new jazz.

Ingrid Laubrock - The Last Quiet Place (2023)

First of all, this woman has some pretty serious chops on sax. Second, her compositions are extremely good and creative.

This is pretty complex stuff, with great playing and improvising by all musicians. Not really what I’d consider avant-garde, but not playing it safe either.

New Prog Rock release from Montreal Canada- 

Now Playing:

Vecteur K- Stratigraphie

@curiousjim - German Prog/Jazz that I’ve not listened to until now even though they’ve been around almost as long as I have! You might like…

Now Playing:

Kraan- Zoup

@designsfx 

And you’d be right. Listening to Zoup right now and am definitely enjoying the album and will do a search for more when Zoup is over.

Thank you my friend.

Alannah Myles-ST(CD) Another great recording from 1989. "Black Velvet" might be the standout track but the other 9 songs are very strong!

Back in time. Jefferson Airplane. Now Peter Gabriel, 

his "So" album, remastered.

Humble Pie, “Rocking The Fillmore”. LP

The J. Geils Band, “Live, Full House”. LP.   One of my absolute favorite LP. 

New York Voices-ST(CD) Yes, another great release from 1989 kicks off Sunday night vinyl.

Just purchased the 50th anniversary copy of Twice Removed From Yesterday on vinyl and been listening to the latest album Joyful Sky with the female singer Sari Schorr-good stuff!

Any Tom Petty fan need to locate this album: Finding Wildflowers.

Came across this CD from Amazon and it has reached my top 5 albums of all time. Most songs are the acoustic versions of his Wildflowers album with lots of extra stuff! Recorded really well and my system and ears really like this.

Yes, still listening to CD’s but only SACD or high quality ones... lol. ENJOY!

Dream Theater | Falling into Infinity 

DT now going on 38 years.

Is Mike Portnoy joining Dream Theater?

Dream Theater have announced that their founding member and drummer Mike Portnoy is returning. All original members of the band last worked together 13 years ago. They will now be reuniting to work on their 16th studio album.

N

Listening to the Doors while watching Monday Night Football. I hate the announcer's babble...

ozzy

Gamma?  Haven't heard that name in a while! I have all 3 of their albums!  1, 2 and 3, but haven't plaid them in a very long time.  Got tired of dealing with vinyl.

Now Playing:

Aether- Self Titled Release

(Prog/Post Rock Jazz- Cinematic Ambient)

Ringo Starr. Not kidding, he did some very good songs. 

"No,no no I don't smoke it no more"...

ozzy

Ringo Starr. Not kidding, he did some very good songs. 

I like his solo stuff better than any other Beatle.

Sinead o'connor | The Lion and the Cobra

The photograph of O'Connor on the album cover was taken by Haysi Fantayzee member Kate Garner.  The covers of the United States and Canada issues differed from the European release, as it was decided a more subdued pose would present a "softer" image of the star.

Listened to the Beatles 1962-1966 for the fourth time and I am still hearing different things. After the thirty re mixes of the twenty some odd re masters,  this one is by far the best!

@curiousjim

At the risk of being called philistine or unsophisticated, I bought that — only because I own a vinyl copy of everything PT and SW — and…

wasn’t disappointed so much as “meh.”

As much as I’ve enjoyed (and BOUGHT) everything SW has gotten his hands into (PT, SW, Blackfield, Pineapple Thief, re-engineering Yes, King Crimson, more), this struck me as sort of the SW equivalent of a sort of homage to Monty Python’s infamous “Contractual Obligation Record,” a rehash of much earlier PT stuff and some lollipop-ish sort of throwaways, like a bootleg green room recording of a true artist just flexing his chops before going on stage to give an otherwise unique virtuoso performance. But this ain’t it. More like a kind of musical “Where’s the BEEF!”

But I’m not a music critic, nor a musician, just a listener and vinyl collector off and on for over 60 years.

But thanks for the referral. I do try to keep up.