Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
glupson,
actually watching an old  PBS documentary on the 1918 influenza pandemic featuring those who went through it and of course survived.
Quite sobering and more than a little frightening...
thecarpathian,

Do not scare yourself. Better watch Animal Planet. Oh, wait, they have bats there. Nevermind.

Playing on my system now...My Way sang by Frank Sinatra but it seems to be edited so it is in some unusual rhythm with dfferent arrangment. Very interesting.
Well, I hope they edited out that 'end is near', 'final curtain' business.
Interesting tidbit about the song. It was originally a French song, 'Comme D'Habitude', and according to a 2005 funeral home survey, the most requested song.
thecarpathian,

I did not know about the beginnings of the song, but you nailed it. The first Zoom funeral I have ever attended. Stay home, watch butterflies.
A brief respite, my butterflies.
Please find a way for yourself to do the same...
The Black Keys - Chulahoma : The Songs of Junior Kimbrough

I think it is one of their best albums. Production quality is crap....but that does not really matter for Junior's songs. Raw, coarse, hard edged blues. And they interpret Junior's songs perfectly. Only Junior could do it better.

If you like blues and don't know Junior Kimbrough, give him a search. If you like blues and Junior, this album is worth your time and the recorded phone call from Junior's wife at the end is priceless.
n80,

You just brought back some memories. Once upon a time and on different occassions, Kinney called me "my long lost brother" and Mrs. Kimbrough called me "my lost white son". I guess they thought I was lost. I have never met Mr. Kimbrough, though.
R L Burnside - Wish I Was In Heaven Sitting Down

(clearly inspired by n80's post)
@glupson: I like hill country blues as much as I do delta blues. RL and Junior were greats.
I've seen Cedric Burnside perform. He was RL's grandson and used to play with RL when he was young. He is a great drummer and a great performer. His albums are okay with some good songs but a fair amount of so-so to not-so-good stuff.
n80,

Ah, memories of the times gone by. You really brought them back this evening. It surely is bragging, but I once passed by R L Burnside's porch. He played for himself, there was not even a dog out there in that heat. Then he continued playing so I can say I had a private concert. Including the bottle he shared. Just a polite sip, though. The walk would have been way too long otherwise. Strangely, at that time it seemed so natural. I did not find it as anything special at all. If I remember correctly, you grew up in Clarksdale so you may understand such moments.

Kenney and, I think, David Kimbrough may still be playing. As expected, not anywhere close to their dad's mastery but the party is guaranteed. At least it was at that time. I wonder if they have ever fixed that shack that had burned down many years ago.
reubent, Yes I do, here is another great one from them...

Lambchop / OH (Ohio) 
Good idea.

Leonard Cohen - Popular Problems (haven't heard it in a long time)
A great album for sure glupson

Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins / Rabbit fur coat 
Giovanni Girolamo Kapsperger: Virtù e Nobiltà  by Fred Jacobs (Theorbo [Lute] Music in Baroque Rome)
Suryodaya --- Robert Gupta (Violin) and Badal Roy (Tabla) [Classical and Classical Indian; interesting choice/mix of violin compositions]
Pat Travers
"Feelin' Right"
8 album box set
Under rated rock / blues guitarist 
Nutty and I had the pleasure of seeing him Live! a few times😎
Nothing  flashy, he just lays it down🎸
Let's just say, You always get your money's Worth!
King Crimson: Thrak
Tu: Tu (crazy good)
Sonar: Vortex (a bass lovers dream)
Portishead: Third 
Currently its Riverside, Rapid Eye Movement.  @hifijunky, a bit ago I spun Porcupine Tree, Up the Downstair and Rush, A Farewell To Kings.  Prog rock mood.  
All great bands whiz, especially Riverside, very underrated Polish band.

Infinity ..... Journey 

Clean original vinyl 
Crazy For You ..... Earl Klugh.

1981 Vinyl us cleaned.
SQ is spectacular, better than the mfsl Finger Paintings by Earl I also own.