Experience with Inakustik 3500P Power Conditioner??

I'm looking at obtaining a power conditioner and had my sights set on an Akiko Corelli when an Inakustik 3500P got my attention.  I have found only one reference to the 3500P on Agon while there is some notable props on the Corelli here.  

Thanks for any experience you might be willing to share.
pinball101
"Anyone considering the 3500P unit: they are having a $2400 free shipping special right now."

Hi!

Where did you order? I've found this link below by googling, but I don't see an option to select the US model (and the photo shows the EU socket style). And the price isn't $2100 :)

https://worldwidewholesales.com/product/reference-power-station-ac-3500p/

@dvdboulet,
Why don't you reach out to Robert and check if something like this is going on now? Not sure if that was for BlackFriday or Christmas special price.
Hi,
We did have a Black Friday sale but it did not include the upgraded 2502F Inakustik power cord with the fI-32 and fI-28 Furutech connectors.

Cheers,
Hi all,

I wanted to say that even with the sale period over, I decided to get the Inakustik 3500P based on all the reviews and because I suspected that much of what was "holding my system back" was source-power related.

I’ve had it installed since Sunday, and while I want to wait a week or two to let it break in even more before I post an in-depth review, I can say thus far that, other than speakers, this single purchase has made the most profound difference in the overall sound of my system versus any other component or change I’ve made before (going back to 1993)... and that "difference" is 100% improvement... absolutely no downside or compromise in any category I can detect (everything is plugged into the Inakustik... music server, dac, and amp). I am astounded. I quite honestly did not think this level of improvement could be had with a single upgrade and I had no idea that my current assemblage of gear could sound as good as it does now. Expect a detailed review soon...

-Dave
@dvdboulet,Looking forward to your detailed review, since you actually own the product and experienced it.

Post removed 
Hi,
I’m interested in getting this but want to find out if any of you guys had a negative experience with power conditioners prior to the 3500P? I’ve demo’d the Audioquest Niagara 1000 and it actually took away some dynamics such as bass so I’m hesitant to try another conditioner. 
Hey Alex,

Apologies for not having yet dedicated the time to get my detailed review written and posted here... as it would/will directly address your questions. Rest assured this is one of those rare cases where they hyperbole is warranted... and perhaps more importantly... benefits (almost?) every system/component. It’s not a case of "sounds good with system A, but not system B" as it’s not "tuning" the sound the way some tweaks might (not taming highs, or accentuating mids etc.). Rather, it’s like someone took the focus on a projector and suddenly dialed it in correctly, and subtle details that weren’t apparent before (which you had been blaming on your screen or your blu-rays, or the fact that you only had a 1080p projector and not 4K) suddenly appear... rendering an image that’s more natural, more relaxed, more "real" looking than before. And that same benefit would apply to any projector that’s out-of-focus.

It’s sort of like that. I’m using a Hegel H30 amp, HD30 DAC, Ansuz cables, stillpoints under almost everything, and right now my "undeserving" AVS-Rocket RS760s (The Sopra 3s that I had weren’t working well... imaging was obscured and bass had no impact, which at the time I sold them, I assumed was all based on room acoustics and lack of system synergy). Now that I’ve got the Inakustic 3500P in the system, it sounds BETTER than it has with any other speakers previously *without* the Inakustik (I think this is why Bob says get this thing *first* as it then lays the foundation to actually allow your present system to sound as it should... then you can start making changes to other components and really know what you're hearing). Now, and with my Rockets that have always sounded dry and with no soundstage-depth before...  Imaging is shocking... the holographic soundstage is scary-good, and there’s so much ease and subtle nuance to the sound it’s a joy to listen and rediscover everything. And this is with mid-fi speakers that I never would have imagined could reveal these characteristics. Now I’m wondering what it would have been like had I kept the Sopra 3s... but I honestly had no idea that just power-conditioning could affect everything so profoundly.

I should add that yes, I had tried other power conditioning devices prior and each had pros/cons (mostly Ansuz... like their Sparkz and power bar). Plugging different devices in, or in a different order in the outlet strip, or moving the sparkz from the wall outlet to the power strip or from outlet to outlet all would affect the sound differently, and in some ways it was objectively "better" when I had the sopra 3s (as it tamed their brightness and aided in overall imaging). But depending on what was plugged in and where (for instance, I found running the amp to the wall with no Sparkz/power-strip always sounded the most "alive") there was a trade-off in top-end and "life". With the Inakustic... it’s 100% improvement in every category with no downside at all... and that includes running the amp off it too.

If you have any questions I’d be happy to chat with you off-line as I know how nerve-racking it can be when shelling out cash based on 3rd-party reviews from folks with different gear (and rightly so). But in this case I think you (and anyone else) are "safe" to give the Inakustik a try. And let Bob know I said so :)

-Dave
Thanks so much @dvdboulet for your detailed response! Sounds like the problems you had with the other conditioners are what I am experiencing. Can I also ask what power cable you are using with the 3500P?  Also do you connect to an aftermarket outlet receptacle such as a Furutech NCF or a standard AC outlet? I just want to make sure to provide the best possible power to maximize the performance of the 3500P.
-Alex
See if Bob offers a bundle deal with the Inakustik 1204 power cable.  That would be the best way to go.  For a while there I thought it was actually being included but not sure of pricing.
@rareace,
I agree with @dvdboulet on the power conditioner. While I do not have much experience with power conditioners (Brickwall was the only other one before this), I can say with confidence that this product literally transformed my listening experience. Why it works the way it works - I do not know. But it does and it mesmerizes me. Based on that experience alone I went ahead and decided to get the LS-2404 bi-wire speaker cables (Bob was insisting LS-1204, which are cheaper). "I am satisfied with these new cables", would be an understatement. You can read my mini review of that on this forum where I have detailed my experience about these cables.
But I would say, even the speaker cables beat my existing cables and I think that difference would have been evident even without the power conditioner. My plan is to get the ICs to replace my existing ones. You can say, the Inakustik products (Referenz series) have gained my faith.
Thanks so much for you feedback @milpai Unfortunately I just purchased some hand made custom cables from Maze Audio which I'm pretty happy about even though I'm a skeptic on cables. I'll be honest that I purchased them for the aesthetics as they come in a very nice white braided jacket. I'm in the camp that my ears are not good enough to hear different cables but who knows maybe that'll change as my system improves. Which was the bigger improvement for you? The power conditioner or speaker cables?
-Alex
@rareace,Why "unfortunate"? You made a decision - be happy and enjoy it. If you think your ears are not good enough to differentiate cables, that is fine. Life is not about what cables or components you purchase after reading reviews. Just invest in more music and enjoy that.
As for which of the 2 Inakustik products made a bigger improvement - that is super difficult to answer because both upgrades made a significant improvement in my system. I started with the power conditioner and that raised the bar so high, it was like someone took a rug that was covering the speakers. With the cables the sound stage went from big to humongous, clarity improved even more and both ends of the sound spectrum opened up like never before. Hope this helps.

@milpai Thanks for info and I'm going to go ahead and place an order for the 3500P this weekend with Bob. Hopefully I'll get the same improvements you have experienced. Btw did you upgrade your ac receptacles?
-Alex
I dunna know. I still can’t get over the fact that there is nothing inside it.

ozzy
I'm with you @ozzy but Bob is offering me a full refund if it doesn't meet expectations so that made it easier.
-Alex
@rareace,That is something that Bob did not offer me. So good for you. I have no plans to change my existing receptacles.
@ozzy ,You have so many components in your system. If you were to get a power conditioner, what components would go in it? Why don't you talk to Bob and see if he can let you try it in your system? If it does not improve anything you can simply return the unit. Honestly, I doubt you will do it - your system is high resolution and it should easily make out the difference.

Thanks so much @dvdboulet for your detailed response! Sounds like the problems you had with the other conditioners are what I am experiencing. Can I also ask what power cable you are using with the 3500P? I see there are 15 amp and 20 amp versions that Bob carries. Also do you connect to an aftermarket outlet receptacle such as a Furutech NCF or a standard AC outlet? I just want to make sure to provide the best possible power to maximize the performance of the 3500P.
-Alex

Alex, glad you’re giving it a try and please let us know what you hear. Honestly it’s one of the best audio purchases I’ve ever made, and I which I had done this years ago before "trying" a lot of other gear and never really hearing what it really was capable of.

BTW I did run dedicated wiring to my HT location a couple of years ago and am using "oyaide R1" receptacles... but I did that at the same time so don’t know what the receptacles themselves changed. When I got the Inakustik I also got what I think is the "20 amp" power cord (also from Inakustic/Bob) as I think that back of the inakustik requires that type of connector. It was past the bundle-deal so I had to buy it separately but I think it's the same one that was in the original bundle last holiday season.

Let us know what you hear... and please tell Bob that "that guy dave" is loving it and singing its praises. He’s a cool guy and has heard so much gear (and cables) that he really knows what he’s selling and isn’t just a "sales guy"... he loves this stuff like we do.
milpai,

I did try to get a unit to demo, no luck.
By the way, I do have a  Audioquest 7000,1200 and 1000 on my 3 dedicated lines.

ozzy
@ozzy ,As rareace has mentioned above, you can ask Bob about the same deal :-)

milpai,
Sometimes when you pay up front and then want your money back it can be very problematic.
I had one dealer subtract from the refund $$$ shipping charges, and a large handling and restocking fee.
So, I am reluctant to go that route again. I was hoping for a demo unit to try.

ozzy
I agree entirely with dvdboulet, The Inakustik 3500P transformed my system with a serious upgrade in performance.  It replaced a Shunyata Denali 6000S.  There was no contest between the 2.  The Shunyata limited the dynamics of my amp.  The 3500P enhances my amp's performance rather than limiting it.  The 3500P introduced me to the family of Inakustik products.  The 3500P and Reference LS-4004 Air speaker cables are easily 2 of the biggest improvements ever made to my system.  Bob at Worldwide Wholesales is great to work with.  
Hi all,
Hope all is well and just wanted to post my feedback after having the Inakustik 3500-P for a few days of listening now. I can say it’s as everyone has mentioned which is overall SQ improvement with no detriments. Soundstage, Microdynamics, and Imaging specifically for my system. Bass was not compromised which was my experience with the Niagara 1000. Bob @worldwidewholesales was fantastic throughout my purchase process. In fact I reached out to him to inquire about the Rockna Wavedream but he steered me toward the 3500-P. I’m grateful for his honesty and expert advice as I was able to spend less with more gain.
-Alex
@milpai @rdoc @twoleftears @dvdboulet @bacardi I noticed something interesting and slightly concerning recently when I was testing my outlets with a receptacle meter. I got a neutral/hot reverse polarity warning when connected to the AC-3500P. My wall outlet that the Inakustik is connected to tested fine. Have you tried testing your units? I'm located in the US and using the upgraded 2502 cable. 
-Alex
@rareace,I checked the outlet that I use to power the conditioner as well as an outlet on the conditioner. They are showed correct polarity. I also use the upgraded 2502 cable, and based in the US.You should let Bob know about the issue and let us know how that got resolved. Good luck.
Do you have another C19 power cord you can test with?  You will need to determine if it is the cord or the unit.  It is just as possible the cord is miswired.
@mike_ostradick That is my guess as well but I don't have another 20amp power cord. I've reached out to Bob to request another cord and hopefully if he can accommodate. Do you know if he does the actual termination? I read somewhere that is the case but it is strange if he needs to build the cords.
@milpai Thanks for testing your unit and glad your's is showing up correct. Btw, will you be upgrading to the 2404 Air cord? Bob mentioned it would enhance the 3500P...
-Alex
If you have a multimeter we can compare the pinout on your cord to mine and others.  
@mike_ostradick I don’t have a multimeter but happy to buy one if you let me know how to use it and perform the test. -Alex
@rareace,You are welcome. Absolutely no intentions of upgrading anything at the  moment. Last week I upgraded my Clear Day XLRs (2 pairs) to Inakustik NF-2404s. If I upgrade anything more, my wife will upgrade me as well :-) Took me more than 2 weeks to convince her why I wanted the XLR upgrade so badly.

I don’t have a multimeter but happy to buy one if you let me know how to use it and perform the test. -Alex 

Alex - It is a simple continuity check you want to test between each pin of each connector.  Any cheap multimeter that you can get at Home Depot  or Lowes or possibly even WalMart will do a simple continuity check.  Usually they have tone confirmation for continuity check so I usually try to get one that has that at a minimum.  

I just tested two different C19 cables I have and found the following results.  I held both plugs in my hand so the male/female ends were pointing at me with the two pins on top and the single pin on the bottom.  On each the same position pin on each plug had continuity to the respective pin on the other connector.  Top right was connected to top right on each connector.  The only thing that could get reversed is the top two pins to give you the off reading.  The single pin should always be ground. 

Good luck. 
Hi, reviving this thread with a few comments.  I own two 3500P's, both supply power to entire systems with DAC, Preamp and mono amps.

I am very happy with the sound.  I got a huge improvement by upgrading the main C20 power cord to Audience AU24 SX. (it came with an upgraded Inakustik cable, but not the Air model).  I have a dedicated 20 amp line on one system, not on the other.  I keep them on all the time unless leaving for long weekend or vacation.  The times I have had an electrical storm it disconnected immediately.  
My only criticism is the tightness of the outlets on my plugs.  All my very nice power cords tend to 'droop' a bit, as they do not seem tightly clamped.  I have come to 'prop them up' so that the weight of the nice cable does not cause them to droop.  On occasion, while moving something around, one has come loose enough to not connect.  Since this is a power conditioner, it troubles me that the 'power connection' may be less than stellar.  Ken
@mike_ostradick I went to Lowe's and purchased a multimeter. The cable checked out fine. Left on both ends beeped. Any ideas on how to check the conditioner? 
-Alex
@rareace  It’s probably as simple as the wires switched on the C20 connector inside the unit.  I would contact Robert and see how he wants to handle it.  
Alex, one last thought.  Check all six outlets before you call Bob, to be sure they are all reading the same.  
@mike_ostradick Yup all six are reading the same hot/neutral reverse. I emailed Bob but he doesn’t seem concerned. I would need to ship it back to him which would be a pain. I’m just not really sure what to do. 
-Alex
@mike_ostradick @milpai Well I found the issue after opening up the unit. The AC IEC Inlet was reversed. Simple switch of the hot/neutral wire and now it tested correctly. I do have to let you guys know that Bob was not supportive at all during my communication. Most of the response back was how great of a company Inakustik is and that he disagreed with my assessment that reverse polarity can be a shock hazard. The conditioner is a great product but this will probably be my last purchase with @worldwidewholesales 
Hi,
I believe Alex and I have sorted it out but I do not like anyone that is not a certified tech opening up any product that we represent. Unfortunately I can still not verify any of Alex's findings as I did not receive the unit back to have it looked over by our certified tech.
I believe our communication was super fast and very supportive. I don't think it gets much better than offering to replace the unit or to have the unit looked at by a certified tech and free shipping both directions.
Cheers,
@rareace,I am wondering - why would you open such an expensive unit (at least for my pay grade) when Bob offered to have the unit checked and pay shipping both ways? I would NEVER do that - especially when you had it for just a month. Hope you both have sorted it out.

@milpai I would have loved it if Bob offered that but unfortunately was not the case. The response from him 2 weeks ago was that he has sold over 200 conditioners with zero issues and I shouldn't have to worry about polarity. Then he said he disagreed with me that reverse polarity is a shock hazard. Basically I lost faith anything was going to be resolved so I had a friend who is an electrician help me take a look at the unit which turned out to be an easy fix. It wasn't until today that I mentioned my dissatisfaction with his lack of support that he offered me a replacement.
-Alex
I want to be 100% straight forward. Alex said he thought the polarity was wrong. I suggested we talk to the designer at Inakustik before we jump the gun but unfortunately the designer was on vacation this week. At that point Alex told me not a problem and I said I would update him as soon as I heard back from the designer at Inakustik.

At no point did we authorize Alex to purchase a multimeter and open the unit up. Once he mentioned he was in the process of doing this we told him we would pick up the unit at our cost and check it over and possibly replace the unit if it had a problem. Also return the unit free of charge.

We have a certified technician that we work with and this person wears an anti static outfit. A hypothetical electrician and an end user opening up the unit, is completely against our company policy.

Cheers,

Having reviewed and purchased the AC-3500p , I have had nothing but exceptional customer service from Bob Neill of worldwide wholesale distributors. 
https://www.thesoundadvocate.com/2020/02/report-inakustik-ac-3500p-power-station-and-ls-4004-air-spe...

Bob’s enthusiasm is only exceeded by his personal touch as to taking care of any need one might have. He promptly had my LS-4004 cables re- terminated in a quick and timely fashion. 
I don’t understand fully your problem but since he offered all the above services, I can’t see what’s gnawing at you? 
Reverse Polarity....mmmm - interesting. This power station is arguably, the finest addition I have added to my moderately changing Review system I’ve ever had the pleasure of using. I contend that NOTHING- at any price will out maneuver it!! As noted above, why open a unit that is so magnificent right out of the box!!

If you were a bit more intuitive, you should have ( and still can) talk to Bob and let your “ problem” all hang out. He can and will satisfy any needs you may have!

Howard 

@hm1 No doubt the 3500P is a great conditioner and Bob was awesome to deal with during the ordering process. 
-Alex
It’s an amazing piece of audio equipment- it just takes every source you put into it, and gives the sound a feeling of naturalness and purity that can’t be described! 
@rareace,Good to know that you are getting a replacement. Do let us know how it all went through. Good luck.
@hm1,Yes, this conditioner is something special.

I am Inakustik dealor in Quebec and I sold many AC3500 and cables in system from 5K to 65K all with great succes and no issue in build quality. In 4 years I never had any issue on service although we had technical problem with some exotic used equipment we trade together. In all case, all was solve in fast-professional way.  How can we ask better?  
Greetings,

I usually read through the various forums and discussions on this website, but typically am not much of a participant.  However, since I am a current owner of an Inakustik AC-3500 conditioner that I purchased new directly from Bob Neill, I thought I’d comment on my personal experience.  Also, in addition to the AC-3500, I’ve purchased other Inakustik cables, a Rockna server/DAC combination and a Mastersound amp from Bob.  All of these items were also purchased new, and not on the used market.

In all of my various purchases, dealing with Bob has been first class...a real pleasure.  Bob has been a “no BS” kind of guy, and while he he is passionate in his sales efforts, everything he has told me about the performance of a given piece of equipment has proven to be true.  He has been prompt with getting me information, quick with shipping, and good with follow-up after the sale.  Consequently, I am surprised to see comments about a lack of follow-through.  That is 180 degrees opposite of my experience.

While I have no knowledge of what transpired In the case with @raceace, hopefully it is/was merely a “one off” type of problem.  I’m also hopeful it is/was merely a case of miscommunication in how to resolve a problem.

I suggest anyone interested in a Bob’s product line give him a call and discuss the issue directly with him.  I am confident he will address it “head on”, as I believe Bob truly wants to help like minded individuals reach their own “audio nirvana”.

Martin 
@mlhotts I want to be completely clear that the sales process with Bob was A+. However, my displeasure was the his support post-sales. I also reached out to Inakustik but still haven't heard back and it's been over 2 weeks. Here is the exact timeline of events:

6/14: Informed Bob that my unit tested for reverse polarity on all 6 outlets.

Bob replied "You should never adjust the polarity at the AC."

6/20: After doing more research on the issue and using a different outlet meter that once again tested reverse polarity I reached out a second time to Bob to express my concern.

Bob replied "I have forwarded your message to the designer of the 3500P at Inakustik. I will have an answer in 24 hours. We have sold 223 units with zero problems. 
It is easy to drive yourself crazy reading BS on the Internet. My system is over $100000 and everything is plugged into a 3500P. I have clients with $750000 systems and everything is plugged into their 3500P conditioners. There is zero risk of any damage and in fact Inakustik is the only company I know that actually sells a properly designed conditioner. Inakustik and is NOT some garage manufacture. Inakustik has been in business for over 40 years and has 46 employees."

I then thought the cable could be the issue so on @mike_ostradick advice I tested with a volt meter and it passed the continuity test on the correct pins. So the issue is directly related to the unit but was not sure how to test it. 

6/25 My friend who is a certified electrician was over at my house and offered to look inside the unit as he could see if anything obvious was causing the issue. We indeed found the IEC AC Inlet to be reversed and simply swapped the hot and neutral wires. 

After I let Bob know the issue was resolved and my system is now in better shape (less noise from my amp) he still disagreed that reverse polarity is a shock hazard and I should not have done anything.
Ultimately I didn't feel fully supported by his communication and felt the need to protect myself and system. Also I noticed that some of my previous posts and comments have been altered or deleted which is not right as all I've stated is the facts of the situation and providing my feedback to others.
-Alex