Experience with Inakustik 3500P Power Conditioner??

I'm looking at obtaining a power conditioner and had my sights set on an Akiko Corelli when an Inakustik 3500P got my attention.  I have found only one reference to the 3500P on Agon while there is some notable props on the Corelli here.  

Thanks for any experience you might be willing to share.
pinball101

Showing 3 responses by fastfreight

Hi yunie,

I believe all the outlets on the 3500p are identical.  That is due to the star wiring with nothing in series.

For me, I would consider  keeping the computer, or any wall wart type switching  transformer, off of that entire circuit (not just off of the 3500p or the outlet it is plugged into, but the entire circuit.

Even if you have to run an extension cord to a separate power center or strip, I believe it keeps the computer 'noise' out of your audio circuit(s).

I love my 3500p, not just for its sonic cleaness, but for the protection it provides.

Hi, reviving this thread with a few comments.  I own two 3500P's, both supply power to entire systems with DAC, Preamp and mono amps.

I am very happy with the sound.  I got a huge improvement by upgrading the main C20 power cord to Audience AU24 SX. (it came with an upgraded Inakustik cable, but not the Air model).  I have a dedicated 20 amp line on one system, not on the other.  I keep them on all the time unless leaving for long weekend or vacation.  The times I have had an electrical storm it disconnected immediately.  
My only criticism is the tightness of the outlets on my plugs.  All my very nice power cords tend to 'droop' a bit, as they do not seem tightly clamped.  I have come to 'prop them up' so that the weight of the nice cable does not cause them to droop.  On occasion, while moving something around, one has come loose enough to not connect.  Since this is a power conditioner, it troubles me that the 'power connection' may be less than stellar.  Ken