Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty

@simonmoon 

"Mary Halvorson - Amaryllis / The best jazz release from 2022. This extremely creative guitarist has been on a role lately. This is complex, progressive jazz with great playing by all members."

Some nice music in there, although like many jazz albums, a bit repetitive. Not sure why songs that keep repeating the exact same riff like Night Shift need to be 6 mins. 

Rebecca Richardson-Stirred, Not Shaken(CD 2010) kicks off Sunday night vinyl in elegant fashion.

Queen of Rock 'n' Roll - Tina Turner.  It is 4 hours of her music, and I am sad it is about to end. A great collection.

Unstoppable 90's Urban Jams/VA (CD 1999 Sony A 31864) Can feel the inner city vibe as Friday night vinyl follows.

@stereo5 

You have great taste my friend.  There’s only one album on this list that’s not in my collection, and Film & BB’s is great album!

Over the past few days, I have played:

Flim & The BB’s, “Tricycle”

Creedence Clearwater Revival, “Pendulum”

The Guess Who, “American Woman” extended version

The Talking Heads, “Sand In The Vaseline” Disk 1

Savoy Brown. “Live At The Intersection”

Jethro Tull, Minstrel In The Gallery”.   IMO, the last good Tull album

The Who, “Live At Leeds” Extended Version 

Alice Cooper, “Love It To Death”

Alice Cooper, “Killer”

Alice Cooper, “Schools Out”

Temple Of The Dog, “Temple Of The Dog”

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, “4 Way Street”

David Crosby, “If I Only Could Remember My Name” 

Ratt, “Out Of The Cellar”

Joni Mitchell, “Blue”

Jeff Beck, “Wired”

Jeff Beck, “Blow By Blow

Leon Redbone On The Tracks doing a comparison with el cheapo iso devices vs Veri-Fi VBHs. So far under Audiolab 6000 and EVS 1200 class D amp very high marks

Live at Ludlow Garage/1970 - The Allman Brothers Band  (Duane's guitar is awesome on this early stuff!)

@curiousjim,  thank you so much for the kind words.  My problem is I have so much music, I can never decide what to play. Most times I just get lazy and end up listening to FM stereo all day.  

All new releases. Played daily past few weeks

Riot

judas priest

heavy load

exhorder

dokken

vandenberg

Rage

Raven

Necrophobic

metallica

the bites

buckcherry

25+ more, been busy!

arcticdeth

Judas Priest- Excellent

Bruce Dickinson - Excellent

Happy Listening!

arcticdeth

Add: Kerry King to your New Releases list.

Happy Listening!

Wilson Philips Greatest Hits a major torture CD that I play when Ive made changes to my system, Sounds much better after inserting 4 VeraFi Black Holes vibration/isolation devices. Highly recommended. I posted my review a while ago

Last week I began replacing cheap vibration device under all my kit, including speakers (which I did last) with Vera-FI LLC (VeriBlack Holes) VBHs. I started with just my Audiolab 6000 CDT, placing one directly under the spindle and was amazed, I then put them under my EVS 1200 amp (based on dual mono ICEpower AS 1200 modules). That was a head scratcher as at first the sound was flattened/rolled off: ~ 10 minutes later everything was fine again> Could it be the VBHs needed to settle under the much heavier amp? Next my Audio Alchemy DDP-1 (DAC/Pre) a definite thumbs up. I also have the optional AA PS 5 outboard power supply, similarly amazing improvement as was the transport. Closing out (well sort of) I placed 2 each under the fronts of my Emerald Physics 3.4 open baffle speakers, but ran out of gas (76 yo) and haven’t yet added the remaining 2 to the back of the speakers. I did a review which you might be interesting in finding. I do need to add more comments after listening to Tony Bennett and Friends vol1, Eagles Hell Freezes Over on Hotel California (IMP Joe Walsh’s guitar is the best version of all their albums) and sounded spectacular, as did the rest of the album. Finally, last night Jay Leonhart Salamander Pie DMP

Toshiko Akiyoshi - Let Freedom Swing and now Classic Encounters. Great. Artist and good recordings.

Post removed