Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty

@curiousjim 

I think it was 1988, but it's a huge compilation. Look it up as there is a complete listing of songs and artists

@curiousjim 

no, I hadn’t heard of it.

thanks. Just ordered a copy.
It’ll be home when I get back in a week or so.

@normb 

I’ve heard it and I think you will enjoy.  Let me know when you’ve listened and tell me what you think.

The Moody Biues,   In Search Of A Lost Chord. A good sounding record and a good sounding CD.

Just pulled out that Moody Blues album to clean and spin. Bought a collection of eight MB albums years ago. Most are in great shape. 

Listening to Clapton Crossroads 2 downloaded to my Sony portable

Dap with my TH-X00 headphones. A great way to spend Saturday morning.

Now Playing:

Animales Mutantes- Destructor de Formas 

(New Prog Rock from Argentina)

Maynard Ferguson MF Horn 4&5 Live at Jimmy's.  Especially the last five charts, which, with the exception of "The Fox Hunt" were not my favorites in younger years.  Bruce Johnstone's gut bucket blues on "Got the Spirit," and the ensemble work on "Nice 'n Juicy" are standouts, and Bob Summer's solos (trading back and forth with Ferguson) are still my favorite jazz trumpet licks.

@curiousjim, @normb, @tbick, @ghdprentice 

I’ve noticed that each of you appreciates the work of Steven Wilson be it his solo efforts or with Porcupine Tree which is why you’re receiving this note from me.

I personally believe you will truly appreciate the find I have posted above. This is new 2023 progressive rock and done pretty damn well! So please- open your Qobuz apps, look it up and check it out.

Best-

Todd

Post removed 

Now Playing:

The Parallax Method- Folie a Trois

(Progressive Rock/Jazz Instrumental)

I have been listening to the new Dolby Atmos Mix

Pink Floyd. Dark Side of The Moon. And comparing it to

my 1973 Digital Master. 
Wow is this a great cut. If you don’t have it get it as it

really makes use of your whole Atmos system. 

Extreme, “SIX”  CD.  Don’t waste your $$$.  I loved Extreme, especially “3 Sides To Every Story”, but this……Horrible.  Sorry I wasted the money. 

Roger Waters, “DSOTM Redux.”   Let me save you time and money, biggest pile of dog crap!  What Roger did to this masterpiece is pure blasphemy. No wonder I can’t stand Waters anymore. 

Pink Floyd, “WYWH”. Sony Legacy CD. Super Bit Mapping.  Still like it better than the Acoustic Sounds SACD.  Back in 1993, I paid $50.00 for this at Tower Records in the Boston area. 

Roger Waters,  “Amused To Death.  Acoustic Sounds SACD.  Waters best solo album, truly a masterpiece.  To be clear, I no longer care for Roger Waters with his stance on the Middle East.  He should have STFU, I would have respected him more.  As it is, I have absolutely no respect for him any longer, he is a tool of Putin and no better than the MAGA’s he so despises. 

Post removed 
Post removed