The CD you most listened to back in 2007 ?

Just curious about what others have to say. For me it was Neil Young's live at Massey Hall, just plain amazing, both for contents and sonics. Neil is alone with his D-45 Martin, and plays a perfect, intimate concert. Come to think of it make that the cd I most listened to in the last 5 years. Purchased the DVD also. Your pick?
soniqmike
Discovered Ronnie Earl last year and bought most of his "Broadcasters" albums. Currently, I still must frequently hear some tracks from "Now, My Soul", particularly "Double Trouble", with Kim Wilson on vocal and harp - his harp solo still knocks me out.
"Grateful Heart" is a tad jazzier than blues and has 3-4 cuts I revisit frequently. In fact, I use "Skyman" as a test piece when I swap cables, or roll tubes.
Ronnie's slow blues tunes are his signature to me, and although his guitar work is exceptionally flavorful, I dig his work as much for his keyboard players as his guitar work there. Bruce Katz or Dave Limina on piano OR B3. The bomb, through and through.
Jeff
Like Dweller, the Pentatone SACD of Julia Fischer playing Mozart Violin Concerti 1, 2 and 5. Superb sonics and performances.
The disk I listened to most this last year was Tried and True by Hanna & McEuen. Put out by AIX in DVD-A format.
Cafe Blue by Patricia Barber in SACD was a close second.
Patty Griffin-Children Running Through. I saw her live and have been hooked. Great voice!
People's Spring-Warsaw Village Band

It took me back to my polish roots and the days of punks concerts in the late 70's. Plus it sounds awesome through tubes

Keith Jarrett - "The Koln Concert" and "La Scala".
Every Tomasz Stanko cd I could get hold of.
Madeleine Peyroux, Half the Perfect World
Ray Lamontagne, Til the Sun turns Black
Solomon Burke, Nashville
Metheny Mehldau
Peter Rowan & Tony Rice Quartet
I'll have to say:
Nickel Creek 'Why should the Fire Die?'
CPR (featuring David Crosby and his son)
The Shins 'Wincing the Night Away'
Wilco 'Sky Blue Sky'
*BETTY DAVIS "BETTY DAVIS"-2007 LITAR-PRODUCTION (LITA 0260)
*NAIL YOUNG "UNPLUGGED" - I like this live recording a lot
*FLAMENCO PASSION (Gino D'Auri flamenco guitars)FIM XRCD 023
*COLTRANE LIVE AT THE VILLAGE VANGUARD AGAIN-(IMPD-213)20BIT
*BILL EVANS TRIO "SUNDAY AT THE VILLAGE VANGUARD" - JVC XRCD
*AMY WINEHOUSE "FRANK" - (UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC B0008926-02)
*ROSA PASSOS & RON CARTER "ENTRE AMIGOS" (CHESKY - SACD291)
*BEST AUDIOPHILE VOICES -XRCD2 (XRCDPR-27901)PREMIUM RECORDS
*THIS IS THE MOST LISTENED ON THE WAY TO WORK -
EVERLAST "White Trash Beautiful" 2004, Island Def Jam - B00023N3CC.
& MILES DAVIS "KIND OF BLUE" FROM WORK.

HAPPY LISTENING
In the Car: Utopia "Last of the New Wave Riders" a 7 cd box set of live Utopia. It has about 3 or 4 cd's worth of great performances of great music and the rest is decent to good plus.

At home: Duke Ellington Meets Coleman Hawkins I love this record! Beautiful (if straightforward) jazz beautifully played and beautifully recorded on Verve.

Marty
'Steingarten' by Pole, 'Dark days exit' by Felix Leband got lot of spins both on CD and Vinyl.

Also ' The lady and the Unicorn' by John Renbourne got probably as many spins since this is my reference disc to test the system. I end up finish the play almost always.
Julia Fischer: Tchaikovsky violin concerto & Mozart violin concertos 1, 2 & 5.
Both SACD multi channel.

Mozart Complete Divertimentos - New York Philomusica CD-2.

Divertimento No. 16 in E-flat (for six winds) is utterly beguiling.
I'll second Jacqui Naylor - Shelter and throw in Kurt Elling - Nightmoves and Jashua Redman - Back East. Favorite female, male and jazz instrumental CDs (right now).
Rush Snakes and Arrows. These guy's have been around for more than 30 years and still rockin with the best. They are even up for a grammy this year. Keep up the jams.
Sonya Kitchell "Words Came Back to Me"
Jack Johnson "Curious George Soundtrack"
Jesse Cook "Gravity"
Jacqui Naylor "Shelter"
Well I am a throw back; the 1966 recording of Frank live at the Sands with Count Basie and his band; Quincy Jones arranger.
While it was released late in the year, in Sept, I found myself listening to Chris Potter's "Follow the Red Line" probably every other day for a couple of months ... just an excellent CD
According to my iTunes it looks like a tie between Bruce Springsteen's Essentials, and Rebekka Bakken's I Keep My Cool.

Joe
Not bad FrankG!! I certainly can't complain (well, I could but no one would listen!). How are you? I assume your system is still top notch?
I too need new music. I just printed this thread so I'll be checking some of these out.
Hey Frank, how you doing?
Probably because I have taken it out of my Truck. I drive a lot.

On my home stereo, probably Norah Jones. I need new music.

Russ
Charlie Haden/Kenny Barron - Night and the City

Pat Metheny/Charlie Haden - Beyond the Missouri Sky

Stan Kenton's West Side Story

The Waybacks - From the Pasture to the Future

Infamous Stringdusters - Fork in the Road

Schoenberg - Gurrelieder

Brahms - late solo piano, op. 116-119, Stephen Kovacevich
Sufjan Stevens' "Come On Feel The Illinoise." Even though I found this late in 2007, There was a two week period where I listened to this cd at least once a day. I haven't done that since my early years.
Next was Jane Siberry's "Bound By The Beauty." This is a cd I've had for years but only recently discovered how good it is.
Nice thread!
My best guess is that this would be a 6-way tie:

1. Santa Fe and the Fat City Horns: "Let the Healing Begin"

2. Doc Kupka's Strokeland Superband: "Bumped Up To First Class"

3. Judith Owen: "Lost and Found"

4. Chris Jones: "Roadhouses and Automobiles"

5. Alexi Murdoch: "Time Without Consequence"

6. Tower of Power: "Oakland Zone"
Herbie Hancock's "Gershwin's World" ... very well recorded mix of vocals, instrumentals, and a nice piano solo at then end. Real good stuff.
For me it was probably "Neon Bible" by Arcade Fire. Wilco's "Sky Blue Sky" was a close second.
Back in '07 for me it was probably 16 Horsepower, "Folklore"...Hey, didn't "In Rainbows" come out in January '08?

Yeah but they also released it as a download a few months earlier. I burned a copy and played the heck out of it in my truck.
Mavis Staples, We'll Never Turn Back.
Also the Alison Krass and Robert Plant album.
I just love both of these.
Neil's Chrome Dreams 2. But then I am almost finished ready Shakey, his to date biograpy, and am going through a Neil Young phase.
Johnny Winter - Guitar Slinger. I consider it his most underrated effort. "I Smell Trouble" may be the perfect blues song, IMHO.