power amp ideas for less than $3000

updating my main front amplifier in my 9.1.6 theater system. front left and right are B&W 803D.  thoughts on amps under $3000? 

i have been exploring Classe CT-2300 and Krell Kav-250a

thanks  in advance !

pattemf132

This Van Alstine should fit the bill. My friend is using that amp with his Harbeth M30.1s and is raving about it!

I'm partial to Classe.

Overbuilt with oodles of power. Weighs in at around 100lbs.

Assuming you’re still using the Rotel amp, what specific improvements and sound characteristics are you looking for?

Upvote for the Schitt Tyr monoblocks. I’m using them to drive Maggie 3.7is. 

Parasound 21+ is a excellent amplifier 

perrottaConsultants excellent service and pricing you can get for-under $3k.

Soix,

i recently added front wide speakers so i will use existing Rotel amps for this new channel. This opens a vacancy for my front mains , i enjoy the system but have felt for a while that my main speakers are being underserved by the Rotel 1595.

I’ve personally been eying the new Strarkrimson amps from Orchard Audio. Although a bit hyped lately, a few with whom I’ve communicated say they’re legitimately powerful and wonderful sounding:

https://orchardaudio.com/shop/starkrismon_stereo_ultra_500w_stereo_amp/

Take a close look at PS Audio M700 monoblocs. I was skeptical because they were class D output stage but those guys sure know what they are doing. Class D when properly done is far superior. The sound/voicing is just plain impressive. They do give you a 30 day free trial, take trade ins and all their stuff is on sale right now. I can’t think of any better amps I would buy for under 3K at the moment or I would have bought them already.  Stay far away from Schiit!

If I had your speakers I’d absolutely hop on these Clayton Audio M100 monoblocks as they are truly special amps that I think will synergize beautifully with your 803Ds. You can use them in low bias mode when idle and even for HT, but for serious 2-channel listening you can switch into full Class A, and I think your speakers will open up and thrive on Class A power and these will likely stomp the performance of your Rotel. Incidentally, if you still have your speakers positioned as they are in the picture I’d try pulling them another foot into the room and see if your imaging/3D soundstage improves. FWIW.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650035145-clayton-audio-m100-monoblocks-w-vh-audio-power-cables/

I own and really enjoy my Arion Audio S500.  Yes, it's a switching amp, but it sounds great, not like some switching amps.  Very clean, neutral sounding and gobs of power from a small, lightweight, cool running box.  500 watts per channel, in your price range.  Mike Kalellis designed and builds these.  He is a talented designer and a great guy.