Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty

@ozzy

I'm sort of embarrassed to admit, but I just listened and enjoyed "The Best Of Tom Jones"

It’s not unusual…😁

Post removed 

Now Playing:

Pilot Voyager- The Structure Is Still Under Construction 

(Ambient/Electronic)

2018 Grammy Nominees(CD RCA 80155-2) A good representation of relatively new music. Some of the standout tracks JAY-Z-Portugal The Man- Julia Michaels- Lorde and Chris Stapleton. 

The re re re mix re re remastered Beatles 1962-1966 and The Beatles 1967-1970 are out.

@ozzy 

Tell me the differences you hear. I’ve only listened to the first one so far, but I did hear something that wasn’t on any of the other versions and I probably missed many more.

The biggest difference is that there are no longer the extreme left or right vocals. There is more bass and perhaps a better overall sound improvement. But that does seem to be minimal.

ozzy

Pink Floyd, Animals. Acoustic Sounds SACD

Tool, Fear Innoculum . CD

CCR, Live At Woodstock. 2 records. Fantasy Records.

@designsfx 

Have you heard of the group Gong? I was just given a few of their albums to listen to and I think they might be right up your alley.

stereo5,

I really enjoy the CCR "Live At Woodstock". They really sound live; I mean that in a good way.

ozzy

@curiousjim 

CJ- Thank you for thinking of me! Yes- but I believe only their latest “Unending Ascending” has been on my list. I’ll check more of it out on Qobuz as I love the space rock!
Whoever handed you those albums must have a good source- a great thing to have. I walk into the store I shop at (Amoeba Hollywood) and they’ve never heard of half the stuff I’m looking for.

If you have some spare time check out the post above- I had never heard of “The Mighty Bard” but it took me by surprise. They’re really good.

Peter Gabriel 4. Incredible percussion recording

Eric Hilton, Past, Present, Future. Thievery Corporation member Modern jazzy chill.

@designsfx 

If you poke around for Gong, you’ll find at least 24 albums out there.

Enjoy.

@curiousjim @designsfx Gong Shamal and Expresso are my favorites. If you like English space/acid rock. There is a trilogy. Flying Teapot, Radio Gnome are two, cant remember 3rd one. A spinoff would be Steve Hillage and System 7.

@daledeee1  @curiousjim 

I’m going to have to block a chunk of time for getting into this. I checked out Qobuz and they had quite a few titles available- looking forward to that!

I’ll definitely look into the trilogy- sounds interesting 

@linnvolk 

Excellent choice! I went to the Deguello show- I was 14 yrs old. I’ll never forget them playing “She Loves My Automobile” as it was the first time I had seen large format projection used on a concert stage. I remember shots with the 3 of them riding in this old convertible across a hilly landscape while singing the vocals. It was  amazing for the time.

"Egberto Gismonti- Sol Do Meio Dia"

@fourwnds I am a big fan of his, have seven of his albums including my fave, "Dansas das Cabecas", which I have both on CD and vinyl. "Sol Do Meio Dia" is one of the five I have on vinyl. 

Last night we were listening to Samara Joy's self-titled album on Tidal, what a beautiful recording of her liquid voice against a jazz guitar trio (Pasquale Grasso on guitar)

You'll laugh but I dusted off The Best of Ricky Nelson

Next up The Very Best of The Rascals

Winger-ST(CD) A great Pop/Metal recording with world class musicians jumpstarts a rare Thursday night vinyl night session.

Cat Power - Cat Power Sings Dylan: The 1966 Royal Albert Hall Concert

Streaming this right now while I anxiously await for my CD copy to arrive.  Excellent cover of my all time favorite Dylan recording.  Of course I’m also a huge fan of Cat Power.