Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
Post removed 

Played the Beatles White Album tonight . Haven’t listened to it for quite some time. Sometimes it’s fun to dust off and listen to some of the old albums in my collection.

@stereo5 

Oh man , I think you may have understated just how putrid Redux is!

Roger Waters, “DSOTM Redux.”   Let me save you time and money, biggest pile of dog crap!  What Roger did to this masterpiece is pure blasphemy. 

I really couldn’t and didn’t make it through the fourth cut.  I can’t even call it a song!

Bluesette from Easytude Live album by Enzo Pietropaoli, Julian Mazzariello

@designsfx 

Lovein’ it!

Now Playing:

La Theorie Des Cordes: 4U-9525

(New Experimental Jazz/Rock- Nice!)

Now Playing:

The Filibuster Saloon- Going Off Topic

(Prog Jazz/Rock Canterbury)

Now Playing:

The Fierce & The Dead- News From The Invisible World

(Prog Rock/Metal)

Jann Arden-Living Under June(CD) Kicks off an unusual Wednesday night vinyl session.

Post removed 

Hackney Diamonds- The Rolling Stones

Like the music but the recording is too compressed!

ozzy

Hey @ozzy ,

So I haven’t listened to it yet. The previews kinda looked silly.  Is the album worth a listen or just the track?

Post removed 

Curiousjim,

Most of the songs are really pretty good! It surprised me! Too bad they turned up the loudness knob...

ozzy

Tony Bennett-Steppin' Out(CD) A vocal legend jumpstarts a vocally based vinyl night.

Never mind @ozzy, I listened to Hackney. And while you nailed how bad the SQ was, I was blown away by how good that old man could sing!  Normally they half talk a song because they can’t reach the notes anymore, but Mick nailed it!

To bad the recording was over modulated.

Jim

I’m listening to Eric Woolfson,   The Alan Parsons Project That Never Was.

Excellent!

Sunday am...

Linda Ronstadt & Nelson Riddle  "What's new?"   Asylum 6026

Jesse Winchester  "Nothing but a Breeze"  Bearsville BR 6968

Townsend/Lane  "Rough Mix"  Polydor- love the album but hate the mix/press!!!!

and I'm usually not that fussy

Joan Armatrading  "Me Myself I"  A&M  SP 4809

Chris Stapleton-Traveller(CD)

Monica Rizzio-Washashore Cowgirl(CD)

Played 2 non-Nashville country artists from the 2010’s. Both recordings have 5* content. One became the best selling country recording of the decade(2010-19) the other is mostly unknown. This kicks off a singer/songwriter Sunday night vinyl session.

All Traps on Earth - A Drop of Light (2018)

Pure, unadulterated prog!

Complex, emotional, great musicianship, beautiful melodies.

@simonmoon I haven’t heard All Traps On Earth- I will definitely check that out!

Now Playing: One I haven’t played in years-

Blue Oyster Cult- Secret Treaties