Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty

William Fitzsimmons.  I just discovered him on Qobuz

and boy am I happy on did.

Today I host party and I play Jan Blomqvist, Majnoon, Sasha & John. Also displaying some Burning Man videos. my moonshine is in progress soon we get DRUNK!

Checked those names and none had played them anywhere on what's playing threads. I stream-em currently. 

@curiousjim 

Definitely an over the top Steven Wilson fan here. Two thumbs (and two big toes) up for “Hand Cannot Erase.”

I first heard Porcupine Tree’s “Dark Matter” about ten years ago and was HOOKED.  I own all but one LP from them now, every one from Steven Wilson as well as all the King Crimson stuff he re-engineered/produced, YES, Gentle Giant, and more.

My wife’s NOT a rock fan, but she sat through several PT concert DVD’s with me - latest from “Home Invasion” and with few exceptions, really enjoyed the music.

I’ve been around musicians my entire life (me I play HiFi mostly and a LITTLE jazz drumming for relaxation), worked in a music store as a tech/roadie in the early 1970s, met a LOT of SUPER-genius musicians (Jimmy Buff-FAY used to come into the shop from time to time), Keith Emerson, Genesis, Kinks, Humble Pie and others as we supplied equipment for local shows and fast-forwarding 50 years I think Wilson is one of the most highly underrated musical geniuses/producers of our time, comparable if not equal to Brian Eno.

But, yeah, not I gotta go put on that LP again…

Squeeze; I seen them live Tue night with The Psychedelic Furs.  It was a great show 🙂

Jane Siberry-The Speckless Sky(CD) An overlooked 1980's Pop/Classic jumpstarts Sunday night vinyl.

The Best of the Mills Bros. Decca DL-8148

Ron Carter "Peg Leg"  Milestone M-9082

Al Caiola "Guitar Italian Style"  Pickwick SPC-3034

Julie London "Around Midnight" Jazz Wav Records JWR4606 (RE 180 gr)

Earl Grant "Send For Me" Vocalion VL 73860

Hugh Masekels "Is Alive And Well At The Whiskey" UNI 73015

Sivas Headband "In The Primo Of Life"  Moontoer LP 101

Ben Folds Five-ST(CD)

Alter Bridge-One Day Remains(CD)

Debut recordings and both have excellent content. Alter Bridge has 7 albums behind them and none are weak. If you believe "Rock" is dead see them live or at minimum give them a listen. A late Friday night vinyl session follows.

@normb  100% Agreement on Porcupine Tree.   Their latest remaster  of "Arriving Somewhere" is masterful

Tonight it is "The Odyssey" by Symphony X. On a good system it will just blow you away!

@designsfx 

I’ve never heard of Hammock, so I started listening. After the second song, I sent links to three of my friends.

Thanks for sharing.

Now Playing:

Perseide: Les Couleurs D’ete

(2023 Classic Rock from Quebec- Cool)

Susan Tedeschi, Derek Trucks, and the whole band, just awesome.

Played Clapton and Duane Allman here today on Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs.

Now Playing:

The Friendly Frogs Freak Show- Friendly Frosted Frogs Freak Fly Flakes

Today’s gonna be a Harry ‘Sweets’ Edison day.  Or until I squirrel to someone else 😁

Post removed 

Snowflake Midnight by Mercury Rev.. 

Those who like esoteric prog rock type bands like Lambchop would enjoy this album. Although it defies genre categorization. 

Now Playing:

La Theorie Des Cordes: 4U-9525

(New Experimental Jazz/Rock- Nice!)