Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty

Sam Cooke-Live At The Harlem Square Club 1963(CD) Starts a soulful vinyl night.

Azam Ali  ---  From Night to the Edge of Day  (Middle Eastern Pop / Global)

@david_ten    Thx. It's just one of those great recordings regardless of your music(genre) bias.

Neil Young, Bluenote Cafe.

Ramsey Lewis, Sun Goddess 

Elton John, Honkey Chateau 

Having gone Tuesday night to see "Medieval', I feel a certain connection to this...*L*

...certainly closer to reality than GOT, new or old...

...and dragons are crappy pets, really...

Julia Kent - Character

Zoe Keating - Into the Trees

If you like cello you should try these.  Not classical music AT ALL.

Hey @david_ten 

Do me a favor. Listen to Dayglow’s album, Fuzzy Brain, the first cut, Fuzzy Direction.  Does the base sound distorted and kinda fuzzy at the beginning and a couple of other places?  I just changed something on my system and have no ide if it the song or my system. BTW, I changed the power supply on my streamer and everything seems to be louder and more in you face, but the base on this tune seems really different.

Thanks.

JD

@curiousjim In case anyone else wants to listen and help out... The album by Dayglow is: Fuzzybrain (one word) and the track is: "False Direction"

There is a "buzzing/vibrating effect" that starts at 0:05 and continues through 0:15 into the track...is that what you were referring to? It re-appears further in the track, multiple times. It is clearly expressed. I would not describe it as "fuzzy."

Overall, the bass is defined. Via my system the illusion is of the vocals being 5 ft or so behind the speaker plane. I would label the presentation as slightly forward (but certainly not in your face).

FYI: this is the first time I’m listening to this track so I don’t have a reference for/about it.

Thanks @david_ten 

I screwed up the title and you fixed it.  Yes, the group is Dayglow and yes the album is called False direction and yes the song is Fuzzybrain.

CCR- Live at the Royal Albert Hall 1970 just released on Qobuz 24-96hz.

ozzy

Rare Bird, Sympathy and Born Again

Lord Huron, Strange Trails and Lonesome Dreams

Grace Mahya-Last Live At DUG(CD) A reference level(SQ) digital recording that sets the bar high for vinyl night.

David Bowie Station to Station. 

On 180gm, remastered.

Wow.

As good today as it was 46 years ago when I first heard it.

Well, there wasn’t any tinnitus conflicting with the audio then, but still…

Awesome.

Tavener: Ikon of Eros  ---  Minnesota Orch. / Paul Goodwin [Conductor] / Jorja Fleezanis [violin]  (Classical / Choral)

@david_ten 

Yeah, that’s it. For a moment I thought something was wonky with my system.

There is a "buzzing/vibrating effect" that starts at 0:05 and continues through 0:15 into the track...is that what you were referring to? It re-appears further in the track, multiple times. It is clearly expressed. I would not describe it as "fuzzy.”

Thanks