Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty

Going Driftless-VA(CD) An Artist's Tribute To Greg Brown with exclusively female vocals. An introspective way to start vinyl night.

Many years ago I was watching a documentary (possibly on Yellowstone), the background music was beautiful. I deep dived and found the artist and CD: Voices on the wind. Beth and Cindi Wild; Roses 1994

I haven't played it in years. Really lovely music a mix of similar sounds as Kater and Naki and maybe a bit John Denver

Watching/listening to the Berlin Philharmonic via the Digital Concert Hall live. Today’s program, a single composition.

Mahler’s 2nd Symphony, conducted by Dudamel. This should be very enjoyable. Today, a dedication before the start of the symphony was to the people of Ukraine. ‘Resurrection’.

Joanne Shaw Taylor ....all day ! She is in town, Newport, KY. Just a Stones throw across the muddy Ohio River. 8pm. $25 bucks. One of the best Bluse guitarist touring today. She just finished her latest album that was Produced by Joe Bonnamossa, friends for over a decade. She will not disappoint if you’re blues/rock fan.

Playing at the Southgate House Reviival Sanctuary. Small venue, no bad seating.

N

Kuchar conducts Stankovych - Symphony No. 1, No. 2, & No. 4. Ukraine National Symphony Orchestra. Marco Polo 1995

Arthur Fagen Conducts Mikhail Ippolitov-Ivanov - Caucasian Sketches - Suite No. 1, Op. 10 / Caucasian Sketches - Suite No. 2 “Iveria”, Op. 42 / Turkish March, Op. 55 / Turkish Fragments, Op. 62. National Symphony Orchestra Of Ukraine. Naxos 1997

Original Gangsta Rap Collection-VA(Japanese CD pressing)

Sarah Vaughan-At Mister Kelly’s(CD)

Starting vinyl night on a riotous vibe. Gangsta Rap is a well recorded CD. It has many of the early harder core classics. Kid Frost "La Roza" might interest Classic Rock fans of Santana/War or Malo? Sarah Vaughan is now playing to calm things down including my wife!

Post removed 
Post removed 

Al Jarreau-L Is For Lover(CD) Setting me up for 80's vinyl night with one of Jarreau’s glossiest recordings. Correction Kid Frost- La Raza NOT Roza. I’m sure many caught this error.

Hey @nutty . Are you a fan of Back Door Slam? Haven't heard of/from them in a few years. Wondering if there is a good starting place to dive in? I remember liking Davey and the boys back when I first heard them...

L.A. Guns-ST(CD Japanese pressing)

J. Blackfoot-City-Slicker(CD)

80's vinyl night part 2 is underway after these great overlooked 1980's releases!

reubent - I just rediscovered Davey Knowles this week, and Back Door Slam. 

I was at a friend's house Sunday, the night of the Joanne Shaw Taylor concert and he was playing Davey. So I dug into my 2 Terabyte Hard drive and found some Davey and Back Door Slam. Davey is easy on the ears. 

Coming up for Air -  is very good. 

N

Encomium-VA  A Tribute To Led Zeppelin(CD)

Rebecca Richardson-Stirred, Not Shaken(CD)

Great tribute recording! IMO the only solid miss is Four Sticks by Rollins Band. STP crushes on Dancing Days! Ms. Richardson is(was?) a South Florida(Naples) based Jazz Vocalist. Krall and Barber have nothing on her.

+1000 @femoore12 ... Leon Bridges

Returning fire with a sling shot ... Please place thy ears on these guys and gals if ya haven’t already done so ;-)

Black Pumas

@dabel 

I will give Black Pumas a listen today. Good day to listen to some new albums. 

Leon Bridges - "Good Thing" and "Gold-Diggers Sound" - these are both really good albums. I really like the Gold-Diggers Sound album.

Aaron Frazer - "Introducing..." I do recommend this one since it falls in the same genre of the Leon Bridges albums. 

My pleasure @femoore12 

Wow, Aaron Frazer is silky smooth! Added to the list! 

I’ll continue to follow suit ;-) Michael Kiwanuka 

@dabel 

Michael Kiwanuka - "Love & Death" - great album! Thank you for the suggestion. It's on my Qobuz list now. 

@femoore12  - I believe you meant Michael Kiwanuka - "Love & Hate". First heard it at my Local Record Store - Plaid Room Records, Loveland, Ohio. They are a great records store, specialize in soul and funk and have their own record label - Colemine Records. Immediately bought the vinyl.

"Love and Hate" is a great album...

@reubent Yes! Thank you for catching my mistake in that post. I am really impressed with Colemine Records. They have some fantastic bands on their label. I had no idea they were associated with Plaid Room Records. I will need to check that out. Thanks!

@femoore12  - I am really impressed with Colemine Records. They have some fantastic bands on their label.

They do! And they are really nice guys. Terry and Bob are the kind of people you hope do really.

Music lovers rule and Gear lovers drool ….

No newbie to the scene but can bring it … Citizen Cope

Performing soon in Southern Cali. Cozy venue and realistic admission, what’s not to love. 

@femoore12

Had the time to listen "Insurgentes" in its entirety. As Tony the Tiger would say, "GRRREAT!" Now added to my ever increasing / growing "to-do list" or shall I say to-buy list ;-)

The late ... mail-order company BMG Music and their "12 for the price of one" would be mighty helpful right about now .... :-)