For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Weather Report - “8:30”

Kiseki Purpleheart is now fully broken in and properly adjusted.  It is providing musical reproduction that greatly exceeds my original expectations.  Hours of smiles...
Gene Watson- Honky Tonk Crazy-Side 2
The Weavers Reunion Part 2--Side 2
Mozart-No.38 in  D "Prague"-Otto Klemperer/Philharmonia Orchestra
Frank Morgan Quartet-Yardbird Suite-Side 1
The Pointer Sisters-Live At The Opera.House-Side 2(Tribute To Ms. Bonnie Pointer)
@spiritofradio... regarding the 40th of Permanent Waves, not sure? It sounded great, but unfortunately I no longer have the original pressing. I will say the live records sound very, very good overall. Quite surprised actually. I would say the PW 40th is probably along the lines of Hemispheres 40... to me the H 40th seems a bit tighter and cleaner overall. I prefer it actually. But I don’t like the live records quite as much in the H40 as PW40.
Roy Harper - Descendants of Smith (EMI 1988)

Roy Harper - Born in Captivity (HardUp 1984)

Roy Harper - Death Or Glory (Awareness 1992 CD)

Hi,

King Crimson - Lark's tongue in Aspic - UK original, very early copy
Can- Future days - Reissue Germany
Rush - Permanent waves - Canada original, with Rays on matrix
Caravan - Caravan - UK first stereo issue 1969 on Verve Forecast

@drrsutliff Congrats on the Purpleheart!  I have the Kiseki Blue NS and have been really happy with it.  It outshines all my other carts and is a nice pairing with my new (to me) VPI Classic 3.
Well, since I had to go the eye Doctor for a check-up, and had my eyes dilated, can’t get much work done, so may as well play music ;-)

Juilliard String Quartet - Debussy and Ravel String Quartets. RCA Victor ‘Living Stereo’. 1960. Reissue....date?
@geof3. I agree. The live stuff can be muddy of course.  There are some exceptions though, like Rio and this new PW issue.  Some (especially some of the early live releases) are incredibly low on SQ but the energy and musicianship talent is just so incredible that it makes sense (in a way unique among bands issuing live albums) I guess because that is their sound.  I mean, did you ever like the sound mix at a Rush concert?  I never did - but they were awesome nevertheless. 
@petg60, Wow, great set. Are you my twin brother from a different mother ...?

——____——____——

Albert King
Blues at Sunrise

Stax

From the 80’s era when we would see Albert when he’d come through New York. This guy is the man. Never understood why he didn’t get as much love as that other big fellow.... 

Andre Previn conducts Rachmaninoff Concertos 1&4. Royal Philharmonic w/Leonard Pennario. RCA Red Seal ‘Dynagroove’. 1965. Re-issue, unknown date.

Hard to fine nicely recorded piano concertos, especially older ones, but this is really very nice.
Collins conducts Elgar’s Falstaff & Bliss conducts Bliss - A Color Symphony. London Symphony Orchestra. DECCA. 1971. British pressing.
Boulez conducts Schoenberg - Serenade OP. 24. Domaine Musical. Everest. Recorded 1961.
Hi,
@spiritofradio, haha, 
all of them have an amazing feel of atmosphere at least. Great.

Szell conducts Tchaikovsky - Variations on a Rococo Theme for Cello and Orchestra / Weber - Overtures to Dream Freischutz & Oberon. New York Philharmonic. Columbia Masterworks. Mono. Released 1971 (?).
Martin Stephenson & The Daintees ‎– Boat To Bolivia (Kitchenware 1986)

A Gem. Folk, reggae, country, blues. 

Ormandy conducts Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto, Oistrakh, Philadelphia

Dorti conducts Dovorak Violoncello Concerto, Starker, London SO Analogue Productions Mercury reissue

@drrsutliff ,

The Purpleheart had been on my short list for a long time. After I got the Sussurro, I'm very satisfied. If funds ever work out, I'll go Hyperion. Glad you're enjoying it!
The Purpleheart has been the most difficult cartridge to set up I have owned.  The stylus is set under it far enough that you cannot directly visualize it from the front on a protractor.  After I worked by mirror reflection to achieve the Löfgren B DIN alignment it challenged me on setting it SRA.  Now that it’s right (I think) I am rather stunned by the smooth tape like presentation with awesome engagement it is offering.  
New set of JJ blue glass KT 88s and mullards settling in my Lumley monos sounds fantastic 
Jerry Garcia 
Garcia
round records 180 gm 
@bleske 
this release has Garcia/Jerry Garcia on the spine
does your original have that on the spine?
@j_damon
Mine also has ‘Garcia/Jerry Garcia’ on the spine.....well, what’s left of it ;-)

Mine also has the transparent Garcia sticker. As I understand, not all had that, but many/most did.

I also have his next solo album, clearly titled Garcia on the cover.

The first solo is a really great album, but then, I’m simply a huge Jerry fan.
Szell conducts Brahms piano concerto #2. The Cleveland Orchestra w/Leon Fleisher. EPIC. Mono. 1962.

It never ceases to amaze me how good some of these mono recordings are, especially when they have a ‘stereo’ quality/soundstage while listening.
Karajan conducts Sibelius - Finlandia, Valse Triste, Der Schwan Von Tuonela, Tapiola. Berliner Philharmoniker. Deutsche Grammophon. German pressing. 1967.
Radiohead - King of Limbs - 2x10" 45rpm pressing - noisy, half the songs sound odd and the others awesome, not sure why it seems so hard to find a good pressing of this record? 

Ben Webster - Soulville - AP 45rpm 200g - just awesome 
@spiritofradio... I’ve seen Rush every tour since Moving Pictures. Arizona, Cali, here in CO and finally, 2nd to last show in Vegas. By FAR the outdoor shows I’ve seen here have been the best SQ at Fiddlers Green and several times at Red Rocks. Red Rocks is probably one of, if not the coolest venues in the world. And I am privileged to say I have been able to see most of my favorite bands there in my lifetime. Concerts in general usual don’t have great SQ overall. Live is live, SQ matters, but it’s all about the show at the end of the day. It’s always fascinated me the audiophile pursuit of “live” studio recordings and realism. Studio recordings (especially of the day) are generally anything but. Exceptions for sure... but for the most part studio sound is just that...
@6t5-GTO... cool moniker! Interesting perspective on King of Limbs. One of my favorite records. I don’t have it on vinyl, but I will say Kid A on 10” sounds fantastic. King of Limbs is an odd album. Radiohead, particularly on their latest recordings (King of Limbs is fairly old, but still “newish” for them) are recorded and put together a bit differently, almost like each song is post produced individually, and then simply put together as a “collection” of sorts. Kind of like a bunch of singles bundled together... King of Limbs is particularly like that in all of its forms. So maybe the pressings just bring that quality out?
Marc Cohn - ST

Belongs on that list of best debut albums. All Killer, No Filler........
Stone Jack Jones / Love & Torture

65GTO, I have the single album version of King of Limbs. The vinyl isn't "absolutely" quiet, but the mastering is superb.  
Gary Moore- live from London 2LP SET.

AGAIN, ITS AMAZING, HUGE GARY MOORE FAN, miss him huge!

Will record to cd on taiyo yuden soon.

Still love Gary Moore- we want Moore live album- one of the best albums ever heard.
 Hell, most of Gary’s albums are Greta!
 Such an amazing guitar player!

But this latest live from London is simply wicked, clear, great sound,   Can’t wait for the great recording to cd!
  No noise at all, from the records!, silent, will make an amazing recording!!!
@arctikdeth I streamed that Gary Moore live album, but agree that it's excellent!  
@j_damon and bk:

my Garcia has Garcia / Jerry Garcia on spine, no transparent sticker

deadwax BS 2582  40035-1 ( both sides ) I cannot discern the proof marks after 

my copy is NM-1 w lovely sonics