For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Spirit
Actually Katie does NOT own a record reproduction system whatsoever.
Last I was aware he was totally off the grid using a Walkman cassette player and headphones.
Which I am not knocking at all as surprisingly good results can be had from Walkman cassette and CD players.

But one reason why I did not rise to his question with anything but poorly wrought wit.
😇😇
My daughter and I took a trip to our LRS today and she helped us to spend over $100 .... Lol.
She is as bad as I am in a record store!
Think it was $63/$47 split in my favor.

All being cleaned right now.
Post removed 
Nice try Katie but your memory must be failing you.
You have COUNTLESS posts where you have stated that all you have/use is Walkman and headphones.
Unless you have done an Elizabeth to them all.......
As I said I am not knocking that at all.

Please try and keep up old boy or maybe you were being very economical with the truth over the years?
If so please enlighten us all.

Oh and this is a thread where we try to stick to music and a little light hearted banter, there are lots of other threads you can get snarky in without ruining this one.

And I am SO thrilled to be on your shirt list.... whatever the heck that is.
Stay safe!
I only tell you what I want you to know. You’re telling me not to be snarky? Are you high? This is shooting fish in a barrel day for me so don’t push your luck.
+1 on the Crosby Nash. Magical vocals on a good stereo.  How do they sound on the Spatials?
Spirit.
i was just thinking along the same lines while listening.

The spatials manage a very neat trick of having an absolutely rock solid central image with vocals presented with great air and presence.
but at the same time the soundscape is deep and wide, I sometimes almost find myself looking over my shoulder for that cymbal hit or horn.
spooky good in other words!
@big_greg,   I just got a mint used “Back to the Bars” the other day for next to nothing but haven’t dusted it off yet.   Will report in later in the week.  
Well I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday as best they could.
Normal Memorial Day here as in it rained all day... lol.
 I took an early morning bike ride and just beat the rain home at 9am and it’s not stopped since.
Least it should have helped with social distancing!
😇😇
Restrictions relaxed here in the high desert of central Oregon.  We played golf.  We took my ancient parents And her mom to lunch and sat sorta far apart at two tables outside.  Beautiful day here.  Just no stereo (well my mother-in-law’s Sonos abomination with speakers in the ceilings...).  
The Bears S/T featuring Adrian Belew.

NOS still sealed find.

Sounds glorious.
Uber,

My son and I took a nice bike ride this morning to start the day. We road on the local MUP to avoid auto traffic. It was packed! I'm sure it would have been safer out on the roads with the cars.

BTW, nice find on The Bears record. I also found a nice sealed copy...... In 1987!
Reubent.
Thats sort of funny but probably true!
Our local paths get fairly busy but more joggers and walkers than cyclists.
And they annoy the crap out of me!

Strolling or running in center of path, headphones or earbuds on full blast,oblivious to the rest of humanity  and then they glare at you when you about run them over because THEY could not hear your bike bell or even shout!
Ok, rant over.......

Love this Bears album, only been able to stream it previously.
Digging into my old albums from the 70’s

Grateful Dead Europe 72, original release
Sure I have secrets..
I reveal only..
what my mind..
can admit..
in the depths of loneliness..
because I am a self appointed..
Reining deity...
spoiled..
as they all are..
I thrash in misery..
hoping you...
or anyone..
will answer...
because...
besides me..
Nobody is at home...
so my great hope is...
you leave the.ghost of the future..
to ROT...
alone....
Reminds me of 16 candles: King of the Dipshits...
Going Pink on Purpose .... 10cc.

Half live half b sides bootleg from 1975 American tour.
Hi,
Luka productions - Fasokan, original USA
Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn, original UK (stereo)
Lou Reed - Magic and Loss, original German

@uberwaltz That sounds like a nice find!  After disliking 10CC in my youth as too "soft/pop" I came to appreciate their talents later in life.  I have a lot of their records, but not that one.
Greg
Im not big on bootlegs as usually the sq is terrible but this one caught my eye, price was not horrible and what the heck it is a neat addition to my extensive 10cc record collection.
And what do you know the sq is not too bad on this disc, quite a nice record overall imho.
Rozhdestvensky conducts Sibelius Violin Concerto in D minor. Henryk Szeryng & the London Symphony Orchestra. Philips. I believe from the min-60’s.

Marriner conducts Concerto De Aranjuez for Guitar and Orchestra. Pepe Romero & Bary Davis. Academy of St. Martin-In-The-Fields. Philips.

These come from an odd Korean box set (10 LP’s per set), I have two, which is a collection of previously released albums, called ‘The Great Classical Music of the World’. I’ve never been able to find out any info on these sets, even on Discogs. Stumbled upon them on eBay, and got them very cheap, but they are of very nice quality. Mostly Decca, Philips, and Deutsche Grammophon. If anyone can share some insight, let me know.
Szell conducts Dvorak Cello Concerto in D minor. Pierre Fournier & The Berlin Philharmonic. 
Martinon conducts Bruch Kol Nidrel. Orchestra Lamoureux Paris.

Deutsche Grammophon 

Same Korean box set.
Still at my daughters loft watching her dogs & taking care of her spot. What started off as a 5 day B-Day pop out to LA to visit with my son and his crew is now pushing a month in CA. She’s been getting around West Hollywood and Newport Beach in a rented Lamborghini with my son’s new Rohdesian Ridgeback puppy riding shotgun 🙄 killing me.
Anyway, luckily I gave her this nice little kit for her place. I watched an Elliott Smith documentary on Amazon and have been streaming his entire catalogue the past two days. Tortured soul but a super talented guy with such an interesting/unique sound. The struggle with mental illness is so real people. Another story ending badly,... how it all went undetected so long is hard to understand. Even when people knew he was melting down no one stepped in to save him. Terrible!
Bill Evans - Sunday at the Village Vanguard  - AP 200g 45rpm 

Beck - Sea Change
Rare Silk-New Weave-Side 2
Carpenters-Horizon-Side 1
The Call-Into The Woods-Side 1
Tchaikovsky Symphony No.5-Previn/Royal Philharmonic Orchestra-Complete 4 movements-Telarc DG-10107
Lots of great sets people !!!
a rental Lambo - now that’s really living !!! Welcome to Hotel California:-) stop by if this thing clears up 

@spiritofradio, Jim Keltner met Jeff Porcaro when the latter was only 16 years old (and already a monster player). Jim says Jeff told him what an influence Jim had been on his playing, and Jim told him to listen to Roger Hawkins (in a Modern Drummer interview, Jim said he wished he played more like Roger).

Hawkins is one of my three all-time favorite drummers, though fans of Neil Peart-style drumming (or that of, say, Ginger Baker, or Keith Moon, or any other Rock band drummer) may not understand why. As Duke Ellington said (also attributed to Count Basie and Miles Davis): "The notes you don't play are as important as those you do." Words of wisdom.

Grateful Dead 
Dicks Picks 34
RSD release fantastic SQ
I was t this show, I was in the front row, right in front of Bob, it was my third time seeing them 
only 1500 numbered pressed mine is #466