Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
I have my SB "Looking In" lp framed and up on the wall. Always loved that album cover. SB is well represented in my music library.

Saw SB ~ 3 years back at Rams Head in Annapolis, MD. Good stuff!

Cool @tomic601. That Tony Rice Unit lineup did an earlier album, Still Inside, also on Rounder Records. Rounder was for years about the best label in the world imo, with an incredible roster of artists. NRBQ, one of my favorite bands when guitarist/songwriter/singer Al Anderson was a member, made a lot of albums that came on the label. Dave Edmunds, Nick Lowe, and Costello were all huge NRBQ fans.

I jammed with Tony Rice Unit bassist Todd Phillips last in 2012, I believe it was. He was playing his 18th Century German upright, so I know exactly what it's suppose to sound like when reproduced (assuming the recording engineer did his job well). More recently Todd has been on the road with Joan Baez.

Todd played a Fender Precision bass when we were kids in San Jose, and started going up to Marin in '71 to study mandolin with David Grisman (partly a result of the effect The Band's brown album had on all of us). Dave told him there were a lot of good mandolin players around, but a shortage of standup bass players (Dan Hicks had one in his band). Todd took Dave's advice, and ended up working with him!

@nicks25:  I noticed that too — except for Simmonds, band members would come and go frequently.  Made me wonder if Kim Simmonds was a bitch to work with/for.
Doug MacLeod "Exactly Like This" ReferenceRecordings/1/2 speed/45rpm

My ,"reset" record for tonight.
Regarding Savoy Brown, any of you have "Getting to the Point"? Good blues lp.
@slaw I don’t have Getting to the Point and have not heard it. Thanks for the tip. I’ll stream it and then possibly purchase.

@bob540 - I was thinking the same thing!
Elton John, “Tumbleweed Connection” & Jayhawks, “Hollywood Town Hall.” Well, my table is still bugging. Motor needs a re-alignment so back to streaming.
Jayhawks are so much fun. Moved in a set of JM Reynaud Twins on some nice Target open stands; really glad I did. What a fabulous set of monitors. So open & detailed w/just the right amount of pop & punch. They mate perfectly with a late 80’s Tandberg 3012 integrated & Rega Dac. Gonna enjoy these for a while...
@bgross 

Elton John, “Tumbleweed Connection” & Jayhawks, “Hollywood Town Hall.”

Those are 2 great albums. "Hollywood Town Hall" is one of my all-time favorites.

Also, I've always wanted to hear the JMR Twins. Everything I've read about them made them sound like a speaker I would enjoy.

@slaw +1 on “Exactly Like This”

it’s interesting how blues records can be, for me anyway, the best way to start the day.  I often turn to music made by J.B. Hutto, or Guitar Slim, or Brooks, or Seals, or even Clapton to get me going.   This Doug MacLeod is great.   Thanks for the post.  
BTW, love this:

“Doug says the most important lessons he learned as a young musician came from Ernest Banks a one-eyed country bluesman from Toano, VA.
"Never play a note you don't believe” and "Never write or sing about what you don't know about.”
Beethoven 
Symphony #9
Wilhelm Schuechter conductor 
The Nord Deutsches Symphony 
Chet Atkins and Mark Knopfler - Neck And Neck (30th Anniversary, Music On Vinyl)
"Aqualung" Steven Wilson version
Jim,
Tweaking sub crossover settings today, and hit the sweet spot...can’t stop listening! Actually, a little cartridge tweaking and replaced the Golden Sound cones under the Trio with 4 Stillpoints Minis.
@slaw  -  "Aqualung" Steven Wilson version - I have that one. Great stuff.
@slaw all that free time !!!!!!! Better sound :-) love it. I am such a techno bass freak but there ain’t no subs to tune here in condo land....
@reubent ,

I own the MFSL version, I think this one is slightly better. Sounds like it was recorded yesterday.
@slaw  
Sounds like it was recorded yesterday.
That's exactly what I thought......

I will say as a parting thought, this particular thread is my only reason for being here.... sad but true but also good

find focus

i know i will

nite all

@slaw:  Haven't heard that SB album — will have to check it out.  And Emmylou — love her!

Tonight listened to Dr. Hook, Revisited  All songs written by Shel Silverstein 
Thanks @tomic601 ,

I’m glad you’re a part of this thread.
U2 "Achtung Baby" OP/EU
Gryphon 'Red Queen to Gryphon three' side 2 is where it gets good
Caravan 'For Ladies that grow plump in the night'
@richmon:  It took my old lady more than a night to plump up — guess I was lucky!  Lol