Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Still just over 800 albums on vinyl, next job is to go through my cassettes.
Then my CD,s.

Too much time on my hands I know but gratefull my company is pretty understanding of this whole situation.
Holst - English Opera Group, English Chamber Orchestra, LSO, André Previn ‎–The Wandering Scholar (Angel 1975)

Mint and silent. Fine soundstaging. Wonderful performances. 

The Triffids ‎- In The Pines (Hot 1986)

Bought this when it came out. Got rave reviews then. Australian. Solid.

Timbuk 3 ‎– Greetings From Timbuk 3 (I.R.S. 1986)

Great album. Turn up 'Life is Hard' and test the speed of your rig. If you see this in good condition going cheap, buy it.

@noromance  - I bought that Timbuk 3 album back in '86 when it was released. Still enjoy it. Feels like it's about time for its annual spin..... Thanks for the reminder.
Sinéad O'Connor ‎– I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got (Ensign 1990)

Bought this when it came out and drove all night with a woman singing our hearts out. They were the days. Not a great recording.

The Tony Rice Unit: Backwaters. In honour to Art Dudley---Tony was his favorite flat picker. As a bonus, an old bandmate of mine plays upright bass on the album, Todd Phillips. On Rounder records, one of the couple best labels of all-time.
Christine McVie - ST
Cedar Walton - Soundscapes
Tony Bennet - At Carnegie Hall
Jonathan Edwards - Sailboat
Blood Sweat & Tears-New Blood
An Isaac Stern/Vivaldi Gala

Catching up on some stuff that was recently posted by others. Starting with.....

The Tubes - "What Do You Want From Live" - Thanks for the reminder @uberwaltz 

Dayglow.
I sometimes wish my taste range was wider than it is.
However I must say thanks to this forum it is a heck of a lot more diverse than it was 7 years ago.

Reubent.

Did you ever get to see The Tubes Live?
Must have been one heck of a show!
@uberwaltz  - Yep, I saw The Tubes live twice. Once, shortly after "What do you want from Live" was recorded and once again in the early '90s. That first show was something else. I was a teenage farmboy in 1979, fresh off the farm, when I saw them at Veteran's Memorial Hall in Columbus, Ohio. What a night!
Man that would have been some show!
Sort of like Alice Cooper meets Rocky Horror!
Awesome.
I saw Alice Cooper (and Rocky Horror Show) back in the day too. Many similarities, but The Tubes were better musically and more raw. It was a good time, for sure....
@bug_greg:   Haha . . never thought anybody would have that Savoy Brown album . . except me.  Looking at it right now.  Need to clean it tomorrow and see how it sounds.  👍🏻
@slaw:  I confused heat with steam.  Unfortunately don’t have a steamer either — wonder if a steam iron would work? . . . carefully though, so as to not warp the record.  Or lighter fluid, like goes in a cigarette lighter?  I could try that.  I played the other side of the album and it pops and ticks a lot.  Don’t know if this one can be saved.  

Found an an old copy of the Beatles second album.  Sounded pretty good, better than some others I have.  Just don’t have the album cover for it, unless it’s hiding among the other albums I’ve yet to look through.  

Found a comedy album by Alan Sherman, “My Son the Nut” with “Camp Granada”.  😁.   And “Introducing The Monkees”.  WTF?
I actually pulled out that same Savoy Brown album yesterday and went to play it but saw it was very dirty so into the US clean pile it went.
Another advantage of this enforced downtime is it is making me clean more albums than I have in the past as back then I did not have the US cleaning setup.
Savoy Brown are one of those bands I "discovered" later in life, never really heard much about them back in the day.  Listening to that one made me want to expand my collection, good stuff!
Big_Greg -- Savoy's 'A Raw Sienna' another of the better Savoy Brown albums imo.
'Looking In' was the last Savoy album before most of the band split off to form Foghat.
1970, sophmore year in high school, went to The Electric Factory in Philly to see Savoy Brown ... the opening act was Pink Floyd! Talk about  one band on the way up and another on the way down.
@richmon I just ordered that one off Discogs this morning along with Blue Matter and Street Corner Talking.
@big_greg   

I also found Savoy Brown relatively late.   The interesting thing about them is that other than Kim Simmonds, the members of the band changed frequently - almost from album to album.
caught Savoy at an outdoor show in an apple orchard a couple of years ago....blistering set... 
@bdp24 ” spacegrass “ indeed... streaming it while I wait for sealed Discogs copy to arrive....
loving it
thanks for your post
I did sound for Savoy Brown on a semi regular basis from early 2000’s till about 10 years ago they were nice fellas and Kim could still tear it up