Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Yeah @slaw, that Andrew Gold album is a rarity---good music in good sound. It was one of the albums I used as material with which to audition speakers back in the 70’s.

Andrew created a really remarkable album (CD only) that is unlike any I have ever heard: Greetings From Planet Love, by The Fraternal Order Of The All. It is a send-up of psychedelia, really well done. It is to the genre as Spinal Tap is to it’s, but better. Musically delightful---authentic to a T, and great tongue-in-cheek lyrics. Also involved in the album was Graham Gouldman of 10CC.

I met and spoke with Andrew a couple of times in the late 90’s, by which time he had become a rather unpleasant fellow.

@14point1 - Welcome!

@noromance - such an interesting playlist.  You must have an jaw dropping cool record collection.  
@bdp24  thanks for the great info let’s stay in touch about that release/issue.  I really like the Band and some of RRs stuff.  Admire your truly committed interest.  
For Duke Bill Berry and Flamenco Fever, both on the M&K label and both Direct to Disc demonstration discs IMO.
@spiritofradio I love pre-digital recordings. The sound quality is often very good. But it's not just that. The history of the music is amazing.

@slaw  Calexico -great band.
I got Testimony, but it’s in line behind Harry Olson, Margaret Atwood, and Mary Austin in the queue.... I am a slow reader, especially if differential equations are involved

i always appreciate The far ranging conversation and musical tastes here, and the expertise.
Even tho I am retired and perhaps unemployable, I think taking the fifth re recreation substance would be wise. 
I can say, I was not a big fan of the Dead, until I was.....
Funny Tomic.   No judgement here.  It’s been my strange experience in life to have friends who need to partake before they come over so they can keep up/be on level with my natural high....  
Amber Rubarth
Sessions from the 17th Ward

And apropos to the discussion:

” He recognized the fracture lines and asked how bad's the pain
I said it's feeling worse than ever, can't you make it go away “

-Amber Rubarth
 ”Novocaine”

Know how much you appreciate a sweet female vocal and high sq records you owe it to yourself to check out this Chesky Binaural recording.  Strings on it are quite nice too.  
Playing the MFSL - The Band - Brown - with new insights and curiosity compliments @bdp24 and @slaw 

my brother has my OP, which is in reality probably a club version circa 1976 ?

staring at the gatefold photo of the “ studio “, not many microphones, mixer setup, tiny drum kit w variable configuration, place is trashed, love engineers shoes on the board - contrast this space of genius with most audiophile sterile dedicated room... ha

Applewood Road
Eponymous

+*+*+*+*+/+*+*+*+*+*

one microphone, all analogue, true, legit, where it’s at for me baby.  
@spirit and @slaw and.... well all of you !!! Bad influences 

Amber and Andrew Gold on order, discogs and paypal are evil....

The Band - Rock of Ages - MFSL
I finally got around to posting a picture of the PratherMade record cabinet in virtual systems ( Casa Pacifica)

a short review: sturdy and attractive w clean modernist lines and a matte oil finish on a decent grade of Cherry. Butt joints and nothing fancy but solid workspersonship. 8 week lead time, decent packing it arrived Ohio to California without damage
the feet attach with crappy screws, I will put T nuts in some day,,,, all in all good :-)

the War Department loves it
@tomic601, if you like Rock Of Ages enough, look into the 4CD/DVD boxset entitled Live At The Academy Of Music 1971, which is an expanded version of the recordings made those four nights. Rock Of Ages is a collection of selected highlights from those concerts.
@bdp24 thanks Eric!!!!! Also check out the photo I mentioned of the rack, you will appreciate the two albums featured 
Grant Green "Born To Be Blue" -- Blue Note Tone Poet Series vinyl reissue .. wonderful sound quality.
Robert Plant / Alison Krauss - Raising Sand

( Rounder )

Polly Come Home .... ya man
@tomic601 yes sir!  It’s different than other harmony groups I think, in that their three voices and styles are quite different.  They don’t blend into one the way, for example, the Jennys do.  It’s different and interesting and I think kinda genius: the sound that fills the room with the acoustic goodness of their individual voices. I think the way it’s miked contributes to the effect too.  
Makes me wonder if Amanda Shires hadn’t heard it and helped give her the idea to engender the Highwomen project.  Song selection has some similarities too.  Isn’t that REM cover nice?  

Led Zeppelin- The Song Remains the Same ( box set, this could take awhile... but impressive clarity - my last listen to this was on Basis/Rega/Grado
Feat - Sailing Shoes ( OP )

War Dept did not appreciate Zeppelin cranked up.... note to self 
@tomic601 here’s a trick I pulled on my young wife this last weekend; Put on ‘Fool in the Rain’ off “In through the out door” and asked her to guess who it was (before the vocal came in & after).  She was incredulous.  Got her to be at least a little more open to that band. 
Auditioning newly received MyMat, thanks @slaw.
Broadcast “The Future Crayon”
LAFMS “35 S. Raymond 1976”
(Los Angeles Free Music Society)
Mort Garson “Plantasia-music for plants”
Duster “Contemporary Movement”
Gang of Four - Special Edition 4 track EP
Fra Lippo Lippi - Light and Shade
Ben Vaughn Combo - Beautiful Thing
Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds - Debut
The Paladins - Years Since Yesterday
Rocket From the Crypt - All Systems Go
Joe Henry - Kindness of the World
Leo Kottke - 6 and 12 String Guitar - Classic Records 200 gram reissue...

yowsa :-) this and Grusin and Thelma H are what I used to setup and optimize my HQD system in the mid eighties, what a blast from past

Yes 
“The Yes Album”
Steven Wilson Remix Box

Then

Pat Metheny Group
Speaking of Now (CD) 

@big_greg,

I have that Roger Waters lp as well. I wasn't very impressed however.