Tang Band 2145 in action

Ck out the sunning , sparkling highs.
WOWWW
Hardly need to add a  tweeter. = can if you wish. just add any of your fav tweets, +  with a  simple 2.2 or 3.3 cap.

As I said previously, both the TB2145 ad DLVX8 both are very close in performance.
can't go wrong with either.

Truly a   magical sound image.
Jazz fans especially take note of this speaker.
You always wanted life like sound stage, with no added baggage???
'Well  the TB2145 has your order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCaXHrwotKU&t=1s

mozartfan
WOW listening to  Jacinitha's vocals,,, just STUNNING....hummm, may have to ,,, reorder the TB2145,, parts Exprss just gave a  refund on...ahhh, should have kept them around for futher testing.....
ahhh, not too smart,,,

what you hear on your $10 comp speakers is EXACTLY what you will get in your listening room.
I mean one word, 
STUNNING Life like sound stage.
jazz fans take note and pay close attention to this speaker.
Your jazz will never sound as good as on this TB2145.
Here is the TB 5 inch 2143 in action, Seems to my ears, suffers froma  bit of stressed mids,. 
Not sure why The 5 and 6 inch WBers do not perform as well in midrange as the bigger 8 inchers.
You can't hear the stress in the voice, I can
Trsut me, the 8 inch wide bands are superior in midrange and bass vs the smaller cone WBers, Which is why I guess TB discontinued the 5 and 6 inch WB models.

Just stay 8 inchers for best bang in all 3 fq's levels.

Here the 5 in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IwlR1DNnto
Here maybe one of you guys can detect which is the superior, So you have the TB2145 in Jacinitha above
Here's the DLVX*/Jacinitha.

,,,OK as i say in the vid,, I really can't give you a  vote twix the TB2145 vs DLVX8,,,just hearing both on this YT vid,, I think I may know why I  went with the DLVX8. 
Maybe , just maybe I prefered the voice/mids over the TB which has a  superior crystal like highs.
Bass was near identical.
Which is odd, as both cones are completely dif materials,,,???
How these 2 speakers ended up sounding near twin like, is a  a  mystery. 
A real baffling oddity.

Anyway, Yes Diana Krall's voice does come across exactly as you hear in this vid over your $10 comp speakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bu1ubemykA

Your Magnepan's can't compete.
Usual cr*ppy Youtube sound! Why don't you check out the eBay seller who has really nice reproductions of the Altec 755 for ~$300 each. They have impressive-looking motors! I wish I had kept my pair of original 755's. These new versions might be as good or better!
Get better speaker cables and stop tapping your drivers like that it was driving me crazy.
If the video is what it really sounds like in person, it is a distorted, muddled mess. That video is truly awful.
If the video is what it really sounds like in person, it is a distorted, muddled mess. That video is truly awful.

Should we believe you?
Why should we believe your opinion is accurate??

If you do not like the wide bands comming from china, you are are free  not to make the purchase,
If you feel I am hyping, then hang with your box speakers, We live in the USA where freedom rings,, well actually that freedom bell is getting a  bit rusty ,,if you know what i mean...
WBers rule.
No one has to believe me, or you for that matter. Isn’t this a great country? The proof is in the listening and to me it was bad. I am not the only one on this thread that said it sounded crappy. There is a reason you keep adding on and cobbling stuff together. You don’t think it sounds good either but are trying desperately to save face.
Youve become as bad as the Tekton clowns..the video you linked is junk, reminds me of watching breaking bad with all the meth heads,lol
Maybe put all 4 screws in to make sure you get a solid connection to your baffle.

I actually played it thru my stereo to give it the best chance.
Not for me 
For that kind of money you can purchase a good sounding speaker from  Caintuck Audio or purchase the wild burro drivers yourself and be able to afford to use all the screws it takes to attach them to your baffle.

A much better speaker would be the KEF Ls50 which actually sounds good.

https://youtu.be/6uTT1aYQ0Hs?t=73
You guys are jealouse i found the true high fidelity, 
 Stick with your boom boxes for all I care.
wayyy over priced boxes of  fatigue is the only way I can describe all the speakers I've heard these past 40 years. 
Not for me

How can you say not for me, when you've never in your life hearda  wide band, most likely never will. 
There is alot of narrow mindedness in audio these days.
I'm so glad I was true to my ancestral spirit and started tinkering with wide bands.
No help here I can see that.
had to make the discovery all on my own efforts.
You guys want to live as cave men in things of audio, go right ahead.
Like Plato wrote, Socrates says mankind lives as if in a    dark cave, just barely seeing a  pin point of light at the opening
YET thinking he is in the light. 
Deceived and deluded.
so true what he wrote back 2600 years ago, true then, more so true today.

Jack Anita ?

pretty sure she doesn’t go by that…..

The wire nuts are priceless.
You got me.  I'm jealous of your passion and never say die  attitude. Your belief that your 40 years of some kind of involvement in audio trumps the at least 500 years of combined experience of the forum members both hobbyist and professional gives me hope . So don't give up!  If you say it  with enough conviction and repeat it enough times it will become the truth.
I don't like the sound of your speakers yet but I didn't like asparagus either but after a while my weird smelling pee made it worthwhile.
Post removed 
The best wide-bander is still probably the Altec 755 8-inch. 55hz to 8khz. 90+ db sensitivity. You will still need to add a tweeter for the last two octaves using a first-order crossover. The late Art Dudley owned a pair and reviewed them for Stereophile. He mounted each 755 in a large sheet of plywood - open baffle style. Bass as expected rolled-off at 55hz. Art liked the clarity of the midrange and didn't miss having a tweeter! He remarked that the 755 has a cult following that has driven up the prices. I sold my pair in excellent condition for $650 - about what I paid for them! Now I wish I hadn't done that! 
Good news is that there is an eBay seller offering reproductions of the 755. He is coupling the cone/frame to a larger improved motor (magnet/voice coil/spider). They look real nice! About $600 a pair.
Put each 755 in a one-to-two cubic foot sealed cabinet and you'll have something real special! Add a tweeter + cap on top of the cabinet for the last two octaves.
For my taste, the 756 with a tweeter is considerably better and more versatile (sounds good with more types of music) than the 755.  
Altec;'s are dateed.
You guys need to dump the old techs and get into the new high techs.
'hats off to Altec for what they brought you.
But we must move on to high fidelity.
This is not 1990, we are  2 decades into the 21st C.
Folks are free to stay with old low sens box types, if they wish,
I 'm with the chinese , audiophiles that dumped the low sens for the new highs ens wide bands.
In this case I think the chinese audiophile is either a  bit more honest, or a bit more smarter.
I think its both. 
vs the USA audiopFool

@mozartfan you might want to look into the Tangband 1772. Its a bit easier to drive.

PHY, Voxitiv and Cube make drivers that are more efficient and sound better. Some are suitable for Open Back operation, allowing for fairly simple execution of a speaker. Some are also suitable for back-loaded horn applications; this will get you the deepest bass available for a given driver.

With any 'full range' driver you'll want to supplement with a tweeter, possibly rear- firing to help deal with the very beamy highs that all 'full range' drivers have. This will require having the speakers a few feet from the wall behind them. This helps if you are a little off-axis, the tonal balanced won't be lacking the extreme highs.
The Chinese Lil Audio drivers have gotten a lot of positive reviews.  The 15 inch is very efficient and has a very light cone so it's quite fast.  
This is not 1990, we are 2 decades into the 21st C.
Exactly right. Why are you moving to 100 year old technology? It sounded like crap then, and from what I can tell from your latest video, it still sounds like crap. Are you related to Dr. Emmett Brown and do you own a DeLorean? Let's go back to the future!

I have heard multiple, appropriately implemented wide band speakers over the years. I have had the same reaction every time....Meh. Allow me to clue you in. Yours are not properly implemented. That has been pointed out in this thread and others you have started and you choose to ignore it. Just like you choose to not fix your room first.

The future in speakers has been the subject of several threads here in the last couple of years. IMO, fully active DSP controlled speakers are the future. Note the IMO. Also note, I do not come here and try repeatedly to force my opinion down anyone else's throat while insisting that they are wrong. I understand why people are reluctant to go there. That doesn't change my opinion that it is the future.

In the type of fully active I am talking about, all of the crossover is done digitally. Out of band driver behavior is dealt with digitally. The only thing between the amplifier and driver is wire. Choose the amplifier you wish for each driver. Perfect time and phase coherence. Excellent dynamics. Smooth frequency response, with the ability to tailor it to your own taste if you desire. High quality room correction. No more crossover mods. No more cable rolling. Certainly none of your concept of lets just throw another driver in there and see what happens, then proclaiming victory. Talk about Audiofoolery. It would be difficult to be more foolish than what you are doing. 
+1 csmgolf

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In this case I think the chinese audiophile is either a bit more honest, or a bit more smarter.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sure they are.. "A bit more smarter". They still wash their clothes on washboards and ROCKS in a stream, and the people down stream drink and take a bath in the same water, and then that goes on down stream, and on and on and on.. What planet are you from?

I think what I'm trying to say AGAIN, is two ears, one mouth...
Post removed 
Post removed 
Let me try again.
There are poor everywhere not just in Asia. I find your categorization of a one of the most technologically advanced societies in the world really disheartening and insulting to the fundamentals' that America was based on. 
Well Heavy about 9 million shy of a majority in the USA favor the Clean water you attribute to the Chinese….

The avg chinese audiophile lacks the disposable income the USA audiophile has the luxury of indulging.

Americans like things of impressive grandeur
It only makes sense the USA audio guy is going to jump on the big fancy box. Its what we all grew up with and always dreamed of owning one day.

The  best wide bands are designed and made in china , so they have easy access and  better prices.
Bsides maybe the avg chinese audiophile understands music as i get the music, that midrange is everything in a  speaker,.
The USA geek loves his big bad bass slam,, and towering waves of shrilling  highs.
I get that.
A single wide band does most of what the $1M  Wislon does, , say about 90%.
I don't know,  maybe I;m over fanatic about these new high tech  wide bands.
Let me say i have no interest whatsoever cking out any of the Seas and Scanspeak speakers.
at 87db sensitivity i see that as a glaring, unacceptable flaw.
For all the weaknesses of the wide bands, its a  much superior musical; exp.
You might hate the wide band thing.
But at least give it a  consideration down the road.
Its a  fair shake.

These 2 speakers  have only been in the market,,my guess is 3-4 years each, So they are brand new and  thus not well known nor understood how they work/sound. 

I am still hung up on Jack Anita. Reverence for an artist would include how to pronounce her name…..
Still if the DLVX8 and TB 2145 both smash , completely totally 100% annihilated , pure smack down of  ONE OF (not the best, but darn close)the worlds best speakers,, The Seas Thors.... 
Both will give the best low sens speakers a  good run for the money.
Wide bands do everything my Thors do, but superior. 

Someone posted about how  he is looking fora  speaker in the 30G++ range that does everything perfectly,,,, and then everyone starts making all sorts of suggestions of the usuals,, wilsons, sonus fabers, etc etc,,,I can only chuckle, How often has it been crissled in stone here on Audiogon over the past 2 decades,
Graet sums of cash does not always (usually does NOT) equate into superior sound. 
IOW
Best bang  might/might not come with throwing big bucks.
IMHO big bucks means nothihng in audio
I can put togerthera  world class system for less than say ,,,5G's. And will match any system up to $1,5 million. add in another 500G's = 2Million. 
Money does not mean great sound. 
I wouldn't trade my WBers for the Wilson's $970G speakers. 

https://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/wamm/wamm-master-chronosonic
mozartfan:

Is this your new place to come to and decompress after a hard day of being schooled @ Diyaudio?

DeKay
I find your categorization of a one of the most technologically advanced societies in the world really disheartening and insulting to the fundamentals' that America was based on.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I find it honest, it doesn't bother them, it doesn't bother me. I chose where I live just like my forefathers. It's only insulting if you're the guy at the end of the stream. OR the guy here in America or anywhere else blaming poverty on 2.7 billion people in one region ALONE. 

7.9 billion people on earth. What America is based on is Greed, it's NEVER been so obvious in MY life. 

Read above 970K speakers, EVERYTHING has gone up 50% minimum in 18 months.. America? Remember blessings aren't endowed upon nations, It's the people of a nation that are blessed, by their ACTIONS...

Technologically advanced? They stole most of the TECH they currently have and play catchup to India for over 500 years, NOW.. 
Their citizenry is nothing more than fodder for their government in the "event of", just about anything or in the name of anything that happens..

Wonderful place, open sewage ditches. Africa twice as bad as that and NO WATER..  Got AK47s, but no water, got machetes but no food? Makes sense to me.. Geeze..

When you've been there you might have a little better understanding.
Here we kinda share the GREED..  Walk a mile in my shoes.... If I ever get that book wrote you'll understand...

Regards
Heavy - You should read a great book, i will send it to you. Linda Ronstadt told me about it - The Dreamt Land… wait for it…ALL about water and greed…in wait for it…… California.

I will send you my copy…..

PM me an address, report my post so Tammy can ok contact info…
By Mark Arax, right..  Water is worth MORE than gold, they pump billions of gallons to SoCal, there wouldn't be an LA basin if not for the Delta..

Water is life, plain and simple.. It's ruined the echo system HERE, very little worth while fishing here any more.. You got to know your spots for green trout, or Delta black bass.. Crawdad and catfish if you have a good spot.

I've dove The Great Barrier, most of the gulf and a lot of the pacific coast 45 years ago.. I worked as a welder for a while, good money if you like being under water, WORKING.. :-)

I was on the Santa Barbra oil spill as a kid too. That was fun... The mess that left.. Mercy..

Regards
extra points Heavy, my best to you, dog and rabbit. keep the water bowls full brother
mozartfan:

Is this your new place to come to and decompress after a hard day of being schooled @ Diyaudio?

DeKay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hahaha
and top let some of you guys knowm , you might have decided on the wrong speaker
= My TB2145 DLVX8 can do things 
your 
$950k Wilson
can't do,. 
Much LESS your Vandersteen, Thiels, Magnepa's.

Nine Hundred and sixty thousands , worthless USA %'s,. and my 2 wide abnds smash in some things what the Wilson's are not capable of
= Failed , reject.

https://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/wamm/wamm-master-chronosonic

extra points Heavy, my best to you, dog and rabbit. keep the water bowls full brother

~~~~~~~~~~

Your xover low sens speakers fail in what my WBers do best.

Never forget this truth.
It is great to hear about someone discovering something that is, for this person, new and exciting.  But, it is unfair to declare that everyone else is ignorant, a fool for spending on something else, or a victim of a corrupt society because they disagree or like something else.  I happen to like some systems with wide-band drivers and I've heard and liked Tangband wide-range drivers, but, I don't think others who disagree are all fools.

I don't know if it is an act, or a real belief that you have that you are making these amazing discoveries which the world needs to catch up on.  I have my own amazing discovery, see what you think:

In the bathroom, there is this amazing device that has a lever, usually on the left side.  If you push it down, swirly water appears in the attached cistern.  This water tastes AMAZING!!  If you are still drinking the water that comes from the tap, you are drinking CRAP.
Lets say foolish to be so stuck on a  idea that may just have run its course, Foolish  in the sense the new tech may be something superior,, and not even taking the time to ck it out as a  possiblity to what they have in their systems.
I see a  sense of stubborn resistance.
There is no discussion of wide bands on this site, Its almost like a  low sens xover cult religion around this forum.
Its like low sens/xovers are the ultimate,,, our idols...
Whereas I see it as hadicapped garbage. 
I;'m done with half music, with distortion/stress, , with fatigue, with coloration.
Low sens speakers are handicaped. 
If I ever research speakers in the future (which i have no more plans to, after spending years trying to figure out the solution to the issues with the Seas Thors)),, I'd never even consider any low sens/xover types, Not even a  speck of interest in anything low sens/xover.
For me its all 100% WBers 
Or nada.
Xover /low sens  single drivers  only for added bass/highs.  Stage hands, the tenors and sopranos are the WBers.
Please refer to the topic
**low sens speakers what in the heck is just so super specuial about them???**
Los sens = all xover Seas Scanspeak types.
A-Z = Low sens
90db below
WBers 90db+
List the top 3 advantages  of owing a  WBer speaker.
List the top 3 reasons owning a  Low  db sensitivity 

List the 3 reasons NOT to employ a  WBer as main speaker in your system. A-Z
List the 3 reasons not to own a  Vandersteen, Wilson, Thiel, Magnepan, Sonus Faber.  KEF, Warfdale, Focus,  A-Z 
Any takers?? 

.....well waiting...Guess not....
I know why no answes....
No competition, where it really counts,, =  The  real true musical image.
Been a  member here 20 years ago, seeking.. 
No solid real answes to my search.
I found  it niow. 
had to figure things out on my own, I recall my topic, Shooyout OK Corral. 
About 100 pages long.. Some good info. But nothing that would help me connect the dots, Pleanty of ggood posts,. 
But not one that could connect the dots.
Well its 20 yrs now, and finally I figured out how these WBers work.
Via experiemention and reflecting exactly whats going on with these speakers.
Vs My Seas Thors.

The Best  of one class, vs the best of the other. 
Only 1 gun slinger is left standing.
RIP Seas. 
I've resurrected you to a  place of adding some low fq's. 
Your magnesium cone is 2nd to none. 
But sadly your low sens is no match for a  high tech WBer. 

What led me away 20 yrs ago from considering a WBer as my speaker of choice, , is that folks were posting something about a WBer needing SET amps..
It may be partly true
I’ve not heard a SET, But I don’t think I’ll like the 845 sound.
I prefer the EL34/KT88 type tube
Truth is, you can drive a WBer with just about any amplifer.
From the Jadis JA 800 4 chassis, 500 watts, all the way down to a SET 10 watt.
It certianly would be a waste of amp power to match a WBer 92 db sens to the JA800, wasted 490 watts.

There seems to be lack of understanding what the WBers are all about, how they perform and what are their potentials ina  set up with other low sens drivers as assist mode. 
This is a  whole new field waiting for discovery and developments. 
IMHO  this set up is the speaker of choice for the 21st C audiophile.
We just need more adventurers, more experimentations.
Seems the Thors dual W18's will be useful afterall.
Adding nice bottom end to the DavidLouis VX8. 
MORE than enough deep rich bass. Especially with my added EL34 amp, which has more bottom than the Defy .
But then i should say the Defy has kt88's that have 3k++ hours,,   this may be a factor  in Defy's lower performance vs the Dynaco clone ST70, with huge trans. 

Its high tgime these low sens speaker get exposed, 
Considering Stereophile has been pushing the snakeoil  on these speakers past 20 years. 
Will we see Stereophile reviewing a  WBer? 
Not going to happen. 

Having deja vu reading this thread, like the departed master speaker tuner has a doppelgänger…
Consider me the counter weight to Stereophile's pumping spakers past 20+ years. 
Seas Thors worlds finest speaker.

Before I closed out this post,,
I decide to google
**Seas Thor  Review***

If you don't believe my opinion, ck this snakeoil-LESS review.

**what  caught my immediate attemtion,,,,,lack of coloration or OBFUSCATION** ,, = NO muddiness, like every xover box design I ever heard in my 40 yrs.
All, A-Z suffer muddy midrange, .
Lone exception is

SEas Thor

You guys just have no faith in my opinions,. 
Trust me Seas made the very finest Midwoofers/Millennium tweeter vs any other midwoofer/tweet on  the palnet (IN ITS DAY, 2004.,,may have been surpassed, in the  tweeter, not the MAGNESIUM midwoofer, which can never be surpassed. 
Magnesium destroys paper composites  due to its lack of coloration neutralness in upper bass/lower mids....
Paper composites have a  deep  punch in lowest bass notes. Like drums.

The WBers equal Seas Exel's neutrality/lack of coloration /detailed soundstage.

Sorry Mr Wilson , your $950K speakers  have their issues.

Issues the Seas Thor has none of

https://www.audioasylum.com/messages/speakers/302966/review-seas-thor-speakers

So- other than the shelved off bass, what else needs help?
There is an emphasis in the mid treble, which does make that range a bit hot to me, with excess sibilance.
the upper mids also seem pushed a bit; this may or may not be due to a 4.8khz. resonance in the woofers.
So- what’s the bottom line? This standard, basic version gives a real taste of vey high end sound at a true bargain price.
You conveniently left out the parts that don’t back up what you claim about the Thors. "A taste of high end sound" is not the same thing as "the best in the world". That is some really classic cherry-picking and making up of things that weren’t even stated.
If the "improved" DIY crossovers work as reported, these could give real competion to commercial speakers in the $8-10k class.
He clearly states that if you spend some coin on fixing the issues with the crossover, you may have something that could compete with an 8-10k speaker. Not "you will have", but "you may". That is a world of difference. They are probably pretty good for the price of the kit, but not much above that unless you are willing to really put in some work to fix the issues. Long story short, they are not the best in the world (maybe in your little corner of the world) by a long shot. Plus, the reviewer is just some guy on Audio Asylum. For all anyone knows, his range of experience with high end sound is no better than yours. Meaning, not very much.
Another epic rant.

You do realize most of us have had, or have heard full range drivers, right?

You’re a little late to the game here. It’s great that these are so retaliatory to you. But they are perhaps a bit “last years model” to many.

Anything other than acoustic instruments, and they fall a bit short. In my system gallery, there are a pair of double horns. I built them for a friend,  and live in his space. Wonderful with acoustic recordings. Give them anything “loud”, and they fall painfully short.

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/9591#&gid=1&pid=7