My Long List of Amplifiers and My Personal Review of Each!

So I have been in a long journey looking to find the best amplifiers for my martin logan montis. As you know, the match between an amplifier and speakers has to be a good "marriage" and needs to be blend exquisitely. Right now, I think I might have found the best sounding amplifier for martin logan. I have gone through approximately 34-36 amplifiers in the past 12 months. Some of these are:

Bryston ST, SST, SST2 series
NAD M25
PARASOUND HALO
PARASOUND CLASSIC
KRELL TAS
KRELL KAV 500
KRELL CHORUS
ROTEL RMB 1095
CLASSE CT 5300
CLASSE CA 2200
CLASSE CA 5200
MCINTOSH MC 205
CARY AUDIO CINEMA 7
OUTLAW AUDIO 755
LEXICON RX7
PASS LABS XA 30.8
BUTLER AUDIO 5150
ATI SIGNATURE SERIES 6005

With all that said, the amplifiers I mentioned above are the ones that in my opinion are worth mentioning. To make a long story short, there is NO 5 CHANNEL POWER AMP that sounds as good as a 3ch and 2ch amplifier combination. i have done both experiments and the truth is that YOU DO lose details and more channel separation,etc when you select a 5 channel power amplifier of any manufacturer.
My recollection of what each amp sounded like is as follows:

ATI SIGNATURE SERIES 6005 (great power and amazing soundstage. Very low noise floor, BUT this amplifiers NEEDS TO BE cranked up in order to fully enjoy it. If you like listening at low volume levels or somewhat moderate, you are wasting your time here. This amp won’t sound any different than many other brands out there at this volume. The bass is great, good highs although they are a bit bright for my taste)

NAD M25 (very smooth, powerful, but somewhat thin sounding as far as bass goes)
Bryston sst2(detailed, good soundstage, good power, but can be a little forward with certain speakers which could make them ear fatiguing at loud volumes)

Krell (fast sounding, nice bass attack, nice highs, but some detail does get lost with certain speakers)

rotel (good amp for the money, but too bright in my opinion)

cary audio (good sound overall, very musical, but it didn’t have enough oomph)

parasound halo (good detail, great bass, but it still holds back some background detail that i can hear in others)

lexicon (very laid back and smooth. huge power, but if you like more detail or crisper highs, this amp will disappoint you)

McIntosh mc205 (probably the worst multichannel amp given its price point. it was too thin sounding, had detail but lacked bass.

butler audio (good amplifier. very warm and smooth sweet sounding. i think for the money, this is a better amp than the parasound a51)

pass labs (very VERY musical with excellent bass control. You can listen to this for hours and hours without getting ear fatigue. however, it DOES NOT do well in home theater applications if all you have is a 2 channel set up for movies. The midrange gets somewhat "muddy" or very weak sounding that you find yourself trying to turn it up.

classe audio (best amplifier for multi channel applications. i simply COULDNT FIND a better multi channel amplifier PERIOD. IT has amazing smoothness, amazing power and good bass control although i would say krell has much better bass control)

Update: The reviews above were done in January 2015. Below is my newest update as of October 2016:

PS AUDIO BHK 300 MONOBLOCKS: Amazing amps. Tons of detail and really amazing midrange. the bass is amazing too, but the one thing i will say is that those of you with speakers efficiency of 87db and below you will not have all the "loudness" that you may want from time to time. These amps go into protection mode when using a speaker such as the Salon, but only at very loud levels. Maybe 97db and above. If you don’t listen to extreme crazy levels, these amps will please you in every way.

Plinius Odeon 7 channel amp: This is THE BEST multichannel amp i have ever owned. Far , but FAR SUPERIOR to any other multichannel amp i have owned. In my opinion it destroyed all of the multichannel amps i mentioned above and below. The Odeon is an amp that is in a different tier group and it is in a league of its own. Amazing bass, treble and it made my center channel sound more articulate than ever before. The voices where never scrambled with the action scenes. It just separated everything very nicely.

Theta Dreadnaught D: Good detailed amp. Looks very elegant, has a pleasant sound, but i found it a tad too bright for my taste. I thought it was also somewhat "thin" sounding lacking body to the music. could be that it is because it is class d?

Krell Duo 300: Good amp. Nice and detailed with enough power to handle most speakers out there. I found that it does have a very nice "3d" sound through my electrostatics. Nothing to fault here on this amp.
Mark Levinson 532H: Great 2 channel amp. Lots of detail, amazing midrange which is what Mark Levinson is known for. It sounds very holographic and will please those of you looking for more detail and a better midrange. As far as bass, it is there, but it is not going to give you the slam of a pass labs 350.5 or JC1s for example. It is great for those that appreciate classical music, instrumental, etc, but not those of you who love tons of deep bass.

It is articulate sounding too
Krell 7200: Plenty of detail and enough power for most people. i found that my rear speakers contained more information after installed this amp. One thing that i hated is that you must use xlr cables with this amp or else you lose most of its sound performance when using RCA’s.

Krell 402e: Great amp. Very powerful and will handle any speaker you wish. Power is incredible and with great detail. That said, i didn’t get all the bass that most reviewers mentioned. I thought it was "ok" in regards to bass. It was there, but it didn’t slam me to my listening chair.

Bryston 4B3: Good amp with a complete sound. I think this amp is more laid back than the SST2 version. I think those of you who found the SST2 version of this amp a little too forward with your speakers will definitely benefit from this amp’s warmth. Bryston has gone towards the "warm" side in my opinion with their new SST3 series. As always, they are built like tanks. I wouldn’t call this amp tube-like, but rather closer to what the classe audio delta 2 series sound like which is on the warm side of things.

Parasound JC1s: Good powerful amps. Amazing low end punch (far superior bass than the 402e). This amp is the amp that i consider complete from top to bottom in regards to sound. Nothing is lacking other than perhaps a nicer chassis. Parasound needs to rework their external appearance when they introduce new amps. This amp would sell much more if it had a revised external appearance because the sound is a great bang for the money. It made my 800 Nautilus scream and slam. Again, amazing low end punch.

Simaudio W7: Good detailed amp. This amp reminds me a lot of the Mark Levinson 532h. Great detail and very articulate. I think this amp will go well with bookshelves that are ported in order to compensate for what it lacks when it comes to the bass. That doesn’t mean it has no bass, but when it is no Parasound JC1 either.
Pass labs 350.5: Wow, where do i begin? maybe my first time around with the xa30.8 wasn’t as special as it was with this monster 350.5. It is just SPECTACULAR sounding with my electrostatics. The bass was THE BEST BASS i have ever heard from ANY amp period. The only amp that comes close would be the jC1s. It made me check my settings to make sure the bass was not boosted and kept making my jaw drop each time i heard it. It totally destroyed the krell 402e in every regard. The krell sounded too "flat" when compared to this amp. This amp had amazing mirange with great detail up top. In my opinion, this amp is the best bang for the money. i loved this amp so much that i ended up buying the amp that follows below.

Pass labs 250.8: What can i say here. This is THE BEST STEREO AMP i have ever heard. This amp destroys all the amps i have listed above today to include the pass labs 350.5. It is a refined 350.5 amp. It has more 3d sound which is something the 350.5 lacked. It has a level of detail that i really have never experienced before and the bass was amazing as well. I really thought it was the most complete power amplifier i have ever heard HANDS DOWN. To me, this is a benchmark of an amplifier. This is the amp that others should be judged by. NOTHING is lacking and right now it is the #1 amplifier that i have ever owned.

My current amps are Mcintosh MC601s: i decided to give these 601s a try and they don’t disappoint. They have great detail, HUGE soundstage, MASSIVE power and great midrange/highs. The bass is great, but it is no pass labs 250.8 or 350.5. As far as looks, these are the best looking amps i have ever owned. No contest there. i gotta be honest with you all, i never bought mcintosh monos before because i wasn’t really "wowed" by the mc452, but it could have been also because at that time i was using a processor as a preamp which i no longer do. Today, i own the Mcintosh C1100 2 chassis tube preamp which sounds unbelievable. All the amps i just described above have been amps that i auditioned with the C1100 as a preamp. The MC601s sound great without a doubt, but i will say that if you are looking for THE BEST sound for the money, these would not be it. However, Mcintosh remains UNMATCHED when it comes to looks and also resale value. Every other amp above depreciates much faster than Mcintosh.

That said, my future purchase (when i can find a steal of a deal) will be the Pass labs 350.8. I am tempted to make a preliminary statement which is that i feel this amp could be THE BEST stereo amp under 30k dollars. Again, i will be able to say more and confirm once i own it. I hope this update can help you all in your buying decisions!

128x128jays_audio_lab
@whitecamaross 

Yes, you indeed have shared a lot with all of us. Speaking for myself, I want to personally thank you for that. I've enjoyed all the twists and turns. And if you're videos are similar in style, I can only think that you'll be hugely successful. I wish you all the very best of luck in 2020. 
If you read JA’s measurements, pretty obvious how DAW is improved over Alexia. Bass tuned for definition, not output (finally). Daryl also changed to second order slopes, which is probably why they are more coherent. DAWs aren’t appropriate for large rooms, but otherwise sound better to me.
We all know this. The DAW is the superior more recent speaker, the Alexia 1 has poor bass control. WC wants us to believe everybody that has heard that uncontrolled bass did not have them set up with proper amps. I know this is mostly wrong, a well made speaker design these days does not need that huge amount of power to work reasonably. Not nearly the case. And Wilson did make the Alexia 2 for a reason , didnt’ they ...

And now the measurements show this also. The one who argues it lives in denial, plain and simple.
But still, the Alexia 1 must be a very great speaker for WC to live with them in his new room. With all his experience, if he swears by them, sure they must sound incredible.

Don’t want to ruin the party with my last post. I have a lot of respect for WC ´s experience. 
Well guys, 
i have another speaker in my room that i have recently purchased. i will post my thoughts on this speaker on my youtube channel once it goes live. 
I now own the Magico M3, Wilson Alexia 1, focal Scala Evo, Dynaudio Platinum C4. 
Funny, this guy is saying the Alexia bass is superior to DAW bass.

I heard the new Sasha last night at Definitive in Seattle. It's definitely more different looking in person than I thought, compared to the Sasha 2. I personally prefer the Sasha 2, but sometimes aesthetics have to "grow on me".

As far as sound, it's definitely a bump up from the Sasha 2, extremely resolving and getting into Alexia territory. I heard it with electronics that were nearly identical to my own, so I felt that was a good baseline for my mental comparison to what i have at home with Alexia's. In my opinion, the Sasha DAW was very very competitive in the mids and highs. The area where the Alexia walks away is in the bass, due to the bigger cabinet and driver area. But the Sasha DAW is definitely a home run from a sound quality standpoint. Looks are gonna be subjective, as always.

Ohh the M3 Magico.

Looking forward to learn about how they compare to the Alexia 1 and the Scala Evos.
@golfnutz....well now you can see that there are different opinions in regards to different wilson speakers. Some say the Alexia is sloppy, loose bass, etc and others say the opposite. 
I need for everyone to realize one thing:
it is not the speaker's job to have bass control, but rather the partnering amplifier's job. Always has been, always will be...
Agreed, but the room size and acoustics play a role as well.
However, your comments and the comments from my previous post are examples from people who own/owned the Alexia. The other comments, I'm assuming, are from non owners. My personal view is to believe the words of actual owners who have experienced these speakers.
In the end it makes no difference, everyone buys what they like anyway.
Fortunately, only in your singularly amped up world....

I need for everyone to realize one thing:
it is not the speaker’s job to have bass control, but rather the partnering amplifier’s job. Always has been, always will be...

Speaker isolation. Room treatment. Just two examples (without even touching the speaker's design), though control of a self-aggrandizing ego may yield far better results.

Some can be stubborn when the truth is in the front of they eyes. But just won’t admit it.

Wilson changed the Alexia 1 profoundly for the Alexia 2 for a reason. If the 1s were so good and perfect, why change them ? An amplifier can only do so much if the speaker design has a flaw.

The Alexia 1 have a bass / crossover flaw that was recognized by both the audiophile community and Wilson itself by having changed that specific point in the 2s. WC is only minimizing that flaw with better amps... You know what they say, put lipstick on a pig, it’s still a pig...
The DAW is newer. Just like the bosses at Porsche are driving the new 911 doesn’t mean it’s better than the old GT3. Context is important. I heard the Alexia 2 and DAW in the same room, which was fairly large, both for extended periods, and the DAW was just not able to fill the space whereas the Alexia 2 sounded glorious. The DAW is excellent, but probably best suited in smaller rooms. 
@techno.
All manufacturers have to move forward. This is why the Alexia 1 was replaced just like other models. Common sense and sales numbers  dictates when it’s time to release a new model or else it impact sales due to the amount of used gear available.
Yes, they move forward.
But in the case of the Alexia 1 , each day that passes a different user comes here testifying about it’s flaws... Not me. There is smoke everyday about them here, yet you keep saying there is no fire...that the fire comes from others or reviewers amps...that only your amplifiers are the ones that are fire free...

whitecamaross - you never did give an explanation on why the used room at High Fi Palace has all the gear you said you owned for sale .And the gear listed as sold on their webpage . Was this just a massive coincidence ? 

http://highendpalace.com/REFERENCE_DEMOS-CERTIFIED_TRADE-INS_&_CONSINGMENTS.htm
@techno:
You keep repeating the same thing over and over again. I own 4 pairs of speakers right now, I could live quite happy without any of them. Why? Because there are many options out there that I'd like to try. Wilson ALEXX, Focal maestro evo, Focal Stella Evo, maybe even horns ? Lots of options to try, but if you haven't noticed this is a marathon not a race so I'll wait until I am ready to part ways. 
whitecamaross  - ok . I just wanted to see if there was a explanation on whos gear you have been reviewing is all. 
Cut the OP some slack. He is taking alot of time to evaluate alot of gear. On top of that, he is taking the time to share his impressions. I for one am enjoying the thread WC, keep it up.
Give it up u guys’ who cares how WC sells or gets rid of his stuff. Most of you guys would be grateful to sell so much of your gear and how many of us have stuff we cant sell or get rid of for a reasonable price.

It gets real tiring so many of u have nothing better to do then toss petty bs around. I don't nearly follow this thread has much as I used to because of this bs. Now I just stroll through to see if WC has written a new review or updated his thoughts.

The OP mentioned pages and pages ago he has a dealer relationship with Larry at High End Palace. He never hid it. Larry actually sponsored one of WCSS's shootouts with an Adcom amplifier. 
To those who cant see the issue . Whitecamaross has never said I take home gear for free from High End Palace to review . If that was said who would care ? Not me . The evidence is clear as day . Just click on the link to End Palace and see all the gear he's reviewed in the last 6 months . A dozen items currently being sold there right now and others that are marked sold have been in his room. the fact he is avoiding this just keeps it being discussed . Not a big deal really . 
Yawn... Sounds like a CD on repeat. How much longer will you play this song so the general public knows when to tune back in here ? Let us know and we will come back once you are done. 
Fake Techno dud and Applegrove, 
Go buy some gear, listen to it, and then open up a thread to talk about it. If we're interested we'll go and post on your thread and talk to you. 

Viber... Thanks for toning it down. You actually have some cool insight when it comes to live music. Everyone hears and values different things though. Share your thoughts (be very concise though) and let others feel free to continue valuing what is important to them. We are all very different in our preferences. 

This is an incredible hobby everyone. Make friends, have good times with your gear, and share those good times and vibes with others when you can. It's ph*cking Bada$$ cool that someone like WCSS has basically sent an open invitation to us all when we are in his neighborhood. Please respect the thread... ☺

~Cheers and happy new year everyone!~
@whitecamaross did you ever declare a winner in your comparison between the DCS Vivaldi and Esoteric Grandioso?
hi,
both dacs have great attributes. I still own both and i am on the fence on which one is the one that i will part ways with.
The esoteric k1 grandioso has already been a world class dac since its release. It has construction that tops the DCS vivaldi in my opinion. It has a built in SACD player and it is a great single chassis solution for most of you.
On the other hand, the DCS Vivaldi has the preamp volume feature which is great. It has many different filters which i have not been able to play with as much as i’d like. It also does MQA and it is an ecosystem since it has 4 chassis that compliment each other.
If you want a one box solution, i’d say get the Esoteric K1 Grandioso, but if you are the type of person that likes "legos" and constantly tear things down and then build them up again then i’d say get the DCS since it allows for more tweaking than the Esoteric. 
The Esoteric K1 Grandioso is pretty much the end of road with the only add-on being the external clock, but the DCS has a much longer path in order to have the best performance from it which should easily top the Esoteric's performance (as it should since it is over $100k for the full system). 
@techno__dude Yes, it's quite easy when reading JVS review of the Alexia 2 how (finally) the 1s flaws were "noticed." particularly his comments on coherency/timbre which weren't hard to hear on my friends and others Alexia systems. That's why I highly recommend the series 2 over the 1 and think the OP should go in that direction if he chooses Wilson.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wilson-audio-specialties-alexia-series-2-loudspeaker-jason-victor-serinus-august-2018

As far as the OP's gear relationships, who cares. He can buy, trade, and sell with whom he pleases - ironically this is coming from a forum on a *used audio sales site.* Most of us have good dealer relationships for deals and trades - this isn't unique to one person on the forum.

WC,

Certainly the DCS is a big can of good worms where it may be difficult to see which part is more responsible for its clarity vs the Esoteric.  But it appears that the Boulder preamp may inject some warmth/veiling into the Esoteric, according to your sonic descriptions.  You can do a simple bypass test like Kal did with the Benchmark LA4 preamp, to see if the Boulder colors the sound.  You could also try the Esoteric with the Benchmark LA4. 

Kstaken (I think it was he) confirmed that the whole Benchmark preamp + amp has a transparent quality, and eloquently described the disadvantages of the euphonic combo of Luxman preamp + M900u amp which he heard concurrently.

I do not think it should matter as to who owns the gear WC reviews, sells, and or trades.  No one is forced to make a purchase.  It's great that he has access to this level of gear and reports (his opinions) upon its performance or lack thereof.  If one doesn't like the gear being auditioned or disagrees with the "opinions" given; move on, it's that simple.   

Respectfully,
Jose 
He already ditched the Boulder....pay attention.  Benchmark works best with well recorded music...it sucks with poorly produced recordings. This is the strength of the Luxman.  When making bold statements you need to take into account not everybody is listening to the genre of music YOUR listening too.  I don't know the entire scope of what the OP listens to...but I know some of it...and the Benchmark would be a completely inappropriate choice.  
Sure it’s great that all this sota gear is being reviewed.

But if the gear ends up at a dealer close to WC, we have no choice but to take the review with a grain of salt. It would explain why he never exposes directly the flaws of a piece no more. The more dealers or makers with sale interests around you, the more reserved you become in your critics. You do not want to offend your close relationships...

This is still a great thread. With great opinions. We sure have to give WC credit, and some slack.
Pertinent to earlier posts on the Wilson DAWs...

"In fact, the Sasha DAW’s only real weakness is possibly also its greatest strength. This is not a loudspeaker that ever sounds bad (its greatest strength), but it also has the potential to sound truly soul-shakingly good. There will be some pairs of Sasha DAWs where that potential remains untapped.

...There is a tendency to view any suffix after the name of a product as simply a new version of that product. There was a Sasha W/P and a Sasha Series 2 before this, so one might be forgiven for thinking the Sasha DAW to be a ‘Mk 3’ model. Except that, once you actually hear the Sasha DAW, thinking that way is unforgivable. The Sasha DAW is no Sasha Mk 3… it’s Sasha reborn, pure and simple."

From Alan Sircom // Hi Fi Plus. Full review here:

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/wilson-audio-sasha-daw-floorstanding-loudspeaker/

I thought I would interject here, again, stating I never would. First of all, Happy New Year to you, WC, and everyone else. I am up this early ( actually, have not been to sleep ) since I had my, every 5 year, Colonoscopy, so, I am awake ( any who have had one, might understand why, lol ). I still, always read this thread, but a few things brought me back, to post. Ist : was the mention by WC, that there might be the possibility of horns, for 2020. As you all might remember, horns are my thing. For my ears, none of the Wilsons, Focals, Magicos, Dynas ( etc.), and panels ( any that I have heard ), express, to me, what live, unamplifierd music, is all about, and, this, with any amplification. This is just me, as I have said all along, it is all individualistic. 2nd : I have repeatedly stated, that whatever systems we buy, the " recordings we listen to ", are the ultimate determining factor, as mentioned just recently on this exact page. 3rd : This is not a negative to WC, or anyone here, but, I have not learned anything, here, on this thread. Part of this, is the extreme and consistent changing, of the gear ( I have been there, and done that ). As WC has mentioned, again just recently on this page, he is still learning, which I admire. 4th : WC’s YouTube channel.....interesting. I wish you success, and, I will subscribe, for sure, even if I learn nothing. 5th : I worked at a high end dealer a long time ago, and the larger speakers, were kept on moving dollies, located outside of the listening room, wheeled in for demo, so that, only, the playing pair of speakers, were in the room. If 3 or 4 pairs of speakers are all in the same 20 by 22 ft room, when 1 pair is playing ( I am specifying 2 channel here ), they are all playing, as the pressurization in the room, creates this. Not what I want to hear, especially when auditioning and evaluating speakers that are 10 K, 20 K, 30 K or more, are being auditioned. This is VERY audible, and " messes " things up, for the connected speakers ( this is applied to any piece of gear being auditioned in the system ). This is a problem with most show rooms, and likely, IMO, and IME, the situation, in WCs room. 6th : Steve Guttenberg, recently, within the last day or 2, had an excellent YouTube video, all about, " when do you know your system is good ? ". Well, I know, " my " system is good. How do I know ? Because, every time I listen, which is at least an hour a day, I thoroughly enjoy it, being captivated, by the " performance " I have selected to listen to. This goes back to the recordings. An example : Tonally, the violin ( I am using this instrument, for the Vman, as I am not sure if he is familiar with, say, Charlie Haden ) might be better on one recording versus another, but, it is the violinist ( along with the other musicians ) and his/her " playing " ( musicianship ), that i am listening to. I feel, my system gets out of the way of this, with every genre of music, and with every recording label. I so wish, at some point, that you, WC, can get to this point. You are not there yet ( many are not ), nor, might you ever be. If I appear to be pompous, arrogant, or conceited, I am sorry, but, this is me. I am only this way, with sound systems, reproducing recorded music. BTW, I checked out fine, in case anyone was wondering. Again, my best to all of you. Enjoy ! MrD.
Congrats Mr D on the certification that your plumbing is fully operational and clean as a whistle :)
mrdecibel,
Glad you are fine.  I agree on all 6 points, with a minor modification to the last one.  With mediocre sound systems, like youtube from the stock computer audio, and the car radio, I am listening to the music exclusively without analyzing the sound quality.  When evaluating a new component in my audio system, I use good recordings of music I like, but I am concentrating on the sound quality, and occasionally I will hear a subtlety that I never heard before.  If I keep the new component, then both the music and sound appreciation are enhanced.  The danger is that by using reference recordings too often and repeatedly, you can get tired of the music.  
Vman, when listening in the car, or out by the community pool, I find myself enjoying the music, but, it is a different kind of enjoyment. I would not say I " concentrate " on the sound quality, when evaluating a new set of interconnects, or a recent modification I made on a piece of equipment. I always listen the same way as I always do. I allow my system to " take me " to the performance, and it will " come to me ", whether it is an improvement or not ( always different ). I feel, listening, should be, like I am at the performance itself, not needing to concentrate, but, to enjoy my time. I concentrate ( mental pressure ), when I am cutting my toe nails, or, cooking pasta, on my stove top, or, driving on the road ( being safe ) and especially, more so at night time.....if you know what I mean. If I find myself needing to concentrate ( listening to someone's sound system, or mine ), something is not right, and I will likely figure out, what, to my ears, it is. It could possibly be, my mood, at the moment. If I am listening to Miles Davis, Sarah Vaughn, or Nirvana ( simply as examples ), I should not need to concentrate, but rather, be " involved ", with what is going on, in front of, and, around me, musically. Does this make any sense, as I hope you understand. Enjoy ! MrD.
Happy new year to all. I've been following this thread since the beginning and just love it. WC, looking forward to your Youtube Channel to which I will subscribe.

+1 to Viber6 and mrdecibel regarding their music listening process.What is most important to me, is listening to music whatever the replay gear is (car radio, Youtube via TV or my audio reference system).

If I purchase new gear/tweak, I will listen to my favorite music which I am familiar with. My mindset is not expecting anything but musical enjoyment. If the musical enjoyment is increased during the new gear/tweak listening session (new details unheard of, increased dynamics, etc.), I will keep the new gear/tweak. I rarely use 'reference recordings' tracks since they are rarely musically interesting to me.

I am a music afficionado first and audiophile second. I am an audiophile just to increase my musical pleasure and not to show of my gear. When I get friends/family into my dedicated audio room, it is to share a musical experience with them. I never discuss my gear with them, unless I get questions/comments from them. My friends love music and none of them are audiophiles. I guess there are 2 types of audiophiles, the materialistic one (loves his gear first) and the philosophic one (loves his music first).

My 2 cents.
Qobuz is really stumping tidal right now. After buying my aurender n10 and ditching my laptop I can say that I reached new heights that I never ever thought were possible by doing such change. More to come on this subject. 
@whitecamaross 

I'm interested in hearing more of your thoughts on  quality of Tidal vs other streaming options...
With less than 5% of the music available in Hi-Res never mind MQA which is far less, my vote goes to Quboz as they have more of a selection that I would listen to than Tidal and a higher percentage of 24 bit Hi-Res of the music I enjoy.
Dasign and MrD,
Agreed that the goal is more musical enjoyment.  "Involvement" really is about concentration to a certain extent.  Any sensory experience can be appreciated on different levels.  You can gulp down wine and enjoy it, but it is better to savor it slowly.  You can be "involved" with the setting and music of a movie, but you'll get more out of the movie if you closely follow the dialogue and story.  I am still discovering more greatness in  music that I thought I knew well.   With careful listening, I hear more of the complex harmonies, just like savoring the wine.
WC,
Guido told me he has all the electronics he wants, but now wants a good server.  Your interest in the source with server and streaming service is most valuable and important.
Post removed 
All-
I’ll make it simple , nice and easy: Toss your laptops and grab an aurender n10 or any model above. TRUST ME , if your system is well put together you’ll be FLOORED.
The brightness I was hearing which I constantly thought it was the Odin 1 at times or having too much silver or maybe even beryllium being too bright etc is now clear to me: it was the damn laptop doing that. I literally lifted my laptop and placed the aurender n10 and I can’t get off the couch. It added a massive amount of soundstage , bass, detail , resolution, separation and even old recordings sound unbelievable. No more harshness or brightness. This has been one of the best investments I’ve made in quite sometime now.