Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty

Happy 4th of July everyone!
Celebrate our freedom, this great country, and all who served!

Fleetwood Mac - Before the Beginning

The Mike Longo Trio-Still Swinging(CAP 959 CD) An excellent under the radar jazz recording kicks off an abbreviated Friday night vinyl session.

Antonio Pereira Da Costa, Concerti Grossi

Apparently a one hit wonder as there's no other examples of his work to be found. Chapel Master of the Cathedral of Funchal, Portugal. circa 1741 
Wonderful music.

All the best,
Nonoise

Now Playing:

The Black Cats Eye- The Empty Space Between A Seamount And Shock-Headed Julia

(Experimental Rock)

Leonard Cohen’s “Ten New Songs”

Released in 2001 and an early digital recording made is a converted three car garage. I guess a precursor to Billie Eilish recording while sitting up in her bed. That’s progress…

Valerie Joyce-New York Blue(CD) Sets a cool jazz vibe for Sunday night vinyl.

Brinsley Schwarz – Despite It All (Liberty 1970)
Bell Gardens – Hangups Need Company (Failed Better 2010)

Bell Gardens – Full Sundown Assembly (Southern 2014)
https://youtu.be/UM7rzux7tSo

Rachmaninoff's Third Symphony, in a lovely-sounding (yeah DG!) recording with the Philadelphia Orchestra conducted by Yannick Nezet Seguin.  CD quality stream from Idagio. Mellow. Happy. Chock full of Rocky's ever wonderful tunes. 

The Pink Panther movie soundtrack via Qobuz. Totally lovin' it. Yeah, my opinion of it may come off as patently ridiculous, but the only way I can describe it is that it's the Beethoven's Ninth of Lounge Music. As profoundly shallow as the Beethoven is deep, but a masterpiece in its own right. Multi-tracked but otherwise a first class recording. The perpetrator of this?  Henry Mancini.

+1 edcyn

I found a copy of the PP original soundtrack on vinyl at the goodwill last weekend (set me back 1 dollar). Brought it home and cleaned it, and it is spectacular - I don't believe the copy had ever been played and it sounds new.  It's definitely worth a listen, absolute cheese in all its glory but a blast nonetheless.

Steve Stevens | Memory Crash

Steve Stevens | Top Gun Anthem - Grammy Award winner 

N

Longhair music today.

Edvard Grieg

Piano Concerto in A minor Op 16

Claudio Arrau piano, Sir Colin Davis conductor

BSO, 3/80. Philips Silver Line Classics 420 874-2

Keiko Matsui-Deep Blue(CD)

Macy Gray-On How Life Is(CD)

Katherine McPhee-Unbroken(CD)

Unbroken is a pop gem! Gray/Matsui are both critically acclaimed, however Deep Blue makes my Top 25 of all recordings of the 21st century!

I'm just stuck on The Pink Panther. As they sing in one of the cuts -- Meglio sta' serra baby, go go go. Or as we natives say, "Va subito!"

Ray LaMontagne & The Pariah Dogs - God Willing and The Creek Don’t Rise

Ray LaMontagne - Til The Sun Turns Black