Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
The Smashing Pumpkins “Siamese Dreams 2011 Deluxe Edition”

In my opinion, their best album.  Everything else they did can’t match this. 
+1 nutty Y & T do get overlooked by the mainstream metal crowd. I think the media(radio) thought they sounded to much like Sammy Hagar/Van Hagar which limited radio play,
Steely Dan-The Royal Scam(SHM-CD) An audiophile standard gets vinyl night off to a great start,
Post removed 
Blood Sweat & Tears 4(CD) My favorite BST studio recording kicks off vinyl night with superior musicianship.
The Manhattan Transfer-ST(CD) A great jazz/pop recording as I finalize my vinyl playlist tonight.
@dayglow 

Y&T are so under rated it’s sick!
they had some time and fame in the late 70’s and 80’s, most of their catalog is just overlooked, Maniketti is so damn good, smooth, such a great guitar player, songwriter.
own all their albums, DVD’s etc.
get regular play in our house!

Love the Maniketti blues cds! So good!!’
+666 arcticdeth I appreciate all your metal postings it’s a breath of fresh air on Audiogon! Most of my metal collection is on CD’s vinyl is expensive new or old with very marginal SQ improvements with metal recordings. When you find great sounding metal releases on vinyl or CD please let the Audiogon community know about it. I’m sure there are plenty of closet metalheads here.
I was going through my SACD collection and came across an unopened SACD of a MOFI version of “Kind of Blue”, serial# 00231.
The sound is clean, clean, clean! I played this on the main rig with the volume control set at 50 which is the highest I have ever had it.

We all know how excellent the music is but the absence of any noise or hiss and the extended dynamic range made this a truly special experience. At one point my non audiophile wife said it sounds like they are playing in our living room! I couldn’t have said it any better.
Traveling so the "system" here is MacBook Air >> Dragonfly Red to earbuds.
Listened (and enjoyed) Cotton Mather's "Death of the Cool".

Great lines from track 2, Close to the Sun....

"I want you my love, but I feel destined for a different sort of medicine
I’ve got to transcribe what's inside into these cylinders of Edison."

A bit of a rough live version here....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbXZPQlUvyQ
Reprise --- Moby  (with the Budapest Art Orchestra, ...)  [electro-acoustic]
@stereo5 - Smashing Pumpkins, Siamese Dreams is very, very good. I like alot of their music so I can't point to a favorite. I like the tracks "Ava Adore" and "Everlasting Gaze". Two of their best, IMHO. 

N
nutty

As we kick off Summer, I can vividly remember,  Foreigner 4 (now 40 years old).

Happy Listening!
@jafant - "Jukebox Hero" ruled the radio waves! 

Uriaha Heap, Luciers Friend -
John Lawton Passed on June 29th. Age 74.
From Banquet, "Spanish Galleon" - Remastered

https://youtu.be/CczmtAZjOUc

N
Enjoy this Joanne Shaw Taylor from Joe Bonamassa KTBA Redords.
"If that ain't a reason" - great sonics, vocals and the girl can play !!

https://youtu.be/H4Vq6JHey8Y

N

For those of you that still like to rock, listen to BTO remastered 24/192hz Qoboz. So far it is only the Debut and Four Wheel Drive. But they sound really good and dynamic the best version I have heard.

ozzy
So far tonight, and it is album night,
Donna Krall
Cowboy Junkies
Dire Straights
Eagles
Roy Orbison 
Jeff Beck
Charles Lloyd --- Manhattan Stories.  Two great live sessions recorded in 1965 with a quartet that included Gábor Szabó, Ron Carter, & Pete La Roca.  Released (again) during today's RSD so I picked it up after streaming.  Love hearing these guys push boundaries and find their "voice" early in their careers.
chas lloyd is a treasure

so much great music, for so long, and still productive and inspired