Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
Torn Levin White
And a new album called MFTJ, which sounds like a Meyers-Briggs acronym, but OMFG these guys are good!
It seems like everything from Lazy Bones Recordings is really heavy, in a good way.  Phat.

coffee jerk, Thanks for the lead & welcome to the forum. Tony Levin is an outstanding musician. Saw him live with King Crimson many years back.

Starlight Mints / The dream that stuff was made of 
Good old FM radio.
Forgot how good this sounds on my vintage Sanyo receiver.
Have 3 good classic rock and modern rock stations local.
The tuner in this receiver locks onto signals like a pit bull!
Uber, I listen to jazz all day long at work from the NPR station in Seattle.  I'm about 50 miles away, but have a roof antenna that pulls it in pretty good.  Magnum Dynalabs Etude tuner.  I also have an Onkyo T9090II that does a little better at grabbing a signal, but doesn't sound quite as good as the Etude (to me).
I guess we are spoiled nowadays.
I remember when FM was the only choice of music unless you wanted to spin a record...lol

Sure I am not the only one.
And don’t get me started on am valve radios, got a small collection of 4 different antique ones all in fully working condition.
Still amusing to turn then on and have to wait 30 seconds or so until tubes have warmed up for music to start.
Nutty
If you have not already checked these guys out you should.

The Pineapple Thief.

Not quite as good as Spock’s Beard but very much in same vein and excellent musicianship.
"Love Sanyo’s!"
That must be the best brand that ever existed. My first cassette player (which I recently bought again and never put a cassette in).

Otherwise, When You Wish Upon A Star from Pinocchio Disney soundtrack.
Roger Waters.  Amused to Death.  Came through at 192 kHz.  Diversity of styles, sound all excellent!  State of the art recording.
Roger Waters, “Amused To Death“    SACD    A sonic masterpiece. David Gilmour, “On An Island”    CD
David Gilmour, “Live At Pompeii”   Double Vinyl
The MC5, “Kick Out The Jams”   1991 re-issue
The MC5, “Back In The USA”

one of my biggest regrets is never having been to one of their live concerts.  When they came to my area, I was very ill and didn’t go.  A BIG regret.  Waiting for Wayne Kramer’s MC50 to come around my neck of the woods. 
stereo5.

The drummer for MC-5 lived a couple houses down the street from me. I used to deliver the newspaper to his Mom.
Also, Bob Seger used to play at our Junior High / High School gigs.

ozzy
@ozzy , 

that’s amazing.  I was very much into them when they were together.  Is it true that all the other original members are no longer with us?
I distinctly remember buying the “Kick Out The Jams” record the first day it came out.  I hurried to the local record store to buy one.  I remember at the time the owner told me he only ordered 6 copies of it.  I just finished reading Wayne Kramers Book, “The Hard Stuff”. Quite a story.  Thank you for sharing that information, much appreciated. 
Yes, I bought a dozen from them this past week (haven't received them yet) at 60% off there already ridiculously low prices. Hate to see them go but saw this coming. 

Tara Jane O'neil / Meteor shower
I agree, it is a shame. I've literally bought hundreds of cd's from them. 
Ned's Atomic Dustbin - "Brainbloodvolume"

Listening to this for the third time this week. It's really growing on me. I've been a fan of their first two albums "God Fodder" and "Are You Normal" since they were released in the early '90s. Never hear this one until now. I like it.
Not wanting to come across as a big wet negative nelly but there really is not too much to be happy about right now.
All said and done.
John Coltrane - Giant Steps

”Recent” used record score just before quarantine. The store had just purchased an outstanding jazz collection so large that new hard to find gems were being priced and stocked every day. I wish I could go back.
Thought I had finished it Nutty.
Was just referring to Happy Easter.
Seems it was not quite the best choice of words in current climate.
Just my 3cents.
Probably in the minority as usual.......

No offense intended to anybody of course, just my musings 
Lemonheads / Come on feel

Uber,
It is pretty f’d up right now for sure. The most either of us can do is help those around us in any way we can. When not doing that (IME anyway), music is an effective & enjoyable distraction to the sh+t that is going on around us. This is especially true for those of us (& you certainly fit into this category) who are lovers of this form of art. Just my 2 cents... Please keep your head up my friend.
uberwaltz - Just cruised through The Pineapple Theif, Disoulusion. Great recommendation.

N

Glad to hear it Nutty.
I really liked them, not quite Spock’s Beard but good stuff.

My apologies for being in a bit of a funk earlier.

We will get through these troubled times I know.
Retrospection vol 1 .... JPL.

French band.
Fantastic musicianship.
However on the tracks they sing, it’s French and sorry but it just does NOT fit the music at all.
It sounds like he is crooning a love song, not quite right for a prog rock piece.
Very unfortunate as the music is top notch.