Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
( If there's any interest, I'm going to put up some 'Covid 19' specials on USAM tomorrow.)
Susanne Vega "Days of Open Hand". Gold stamped promo. SQ is extremely good here.
Driven’ ‘n Cryin’
Mystery Road

Levi Parham
Its All Good

Zac Brown Band
The Foundation 

Blackberry Smoke
Little Piece of Dixie

Eagles
On The Border

A little classical tonight:
Got it from eBay this week.
Wagner Ride of the Valkyries / Tristan und Isolde Prelude / Siegfried’s Funeral Music / Forest Murmurs
(Direct to Disk, Sheffield Lab-USA/1978)
Great disk!
Glad you have some positive cash flow, Slaw. Hang in there!
JT is good anytime! One of his other albums, "Dad Loves his Work" is another good one. On the cut "Summer's Here" I'd swear someone put a Hammond organ in my listening room.
Mwink,

”JT is good anytime,”

Absolutely,  Especially on the early Warner Brothers LP’s.
Was at my daughters apartment/loft dog sitting her two rescue pittys while it snowed here in Boston on 5/9... gave her a set of ADS L780s & and old Arcam Alpha 9 Integrated when she moved out. Just chilling earlier streaming Tidal hifi... what a perfectly lovely little combo. Plays really nice in this place w/14’ ceilings and exposed brick walls. Just sitting quietly playing some acoustic music John Wait, “Wooden Heart” & Charlie Farren, “Deja Blue” - so nice/calming. Charlie Farren is a Boston Rock Scene matriarch. Watched him grow up from his early bands Balloon, The Enemy and Farrenheit as well as his stint out front with the Joe Perry Project & later his solo career. Has a fabulous voice and really should have enjoyed more success. Most wont be familiar with him but look for his music. You won’t be disappointed 
Going for the One .... Yes.

Freshly US cleaned.

Find this Yes album is pretty much overlooked when talking about classic Yes stuff but I like it a lot.
@bgross I sold a lot of ADS gear back in the day - wish they were still around - L780 = great

@tomic601  yeah, they are really very nice. Bought them from on a friend who has way too much gear. Told me they were terrific but never played them, just gave them to her with the amp. Pleasantly surprised but guess I shouldn’t be, I know there are some ADS models that are truly fabulous. Love the same buddy’s L1530s. So big and need so much room though but with his vintage Yamaha M stack... amazing!
@tomic601 , @bgross,

Wasn’t Michael Kelly involved with ADS speaker designs, then went on to form Aerial?

Back in the day, I was big into installing systems in my vehicles. I had some ADS 320i (I think that’s the correct nomenclature) in the doors, Nak TD-700 deck........lovin’ it! Still have the TD-700 btw.
@slaw I bought a BMW 635csi in ‘88... was owned previously by the dealership owners sister; was too much car for her. Anyway, it had ADS components all around with amps in the trunk and a Alpine head. Can’t tell u how great the system in that car was. Got stolen right from the valet spot at the hotel where the club I was running was located. Had a LoJack (remember those) and a BMW code alarm and was still never found. Sad day for me 
@bgross,

I feel for you even now. Sounds like a burglary ring in operation?
@slaw Never forget what the detail officer told me that night when I puffed my chest up & told him confidently that I had LoJack and that they would locate the car... he responded just as confidently with, “the people who steal cars like yours are paying LoJack installers more per/vehicle to locate and take them out than those guys made in a week at the dealership.” Told me that I would most likely never see the car again and to have a drink before I called a cab home - he was correct sir
Had a productive selling day today on USAM. Still have more to post. I loved communicating with other like-minded people.
Well "Are You Experienced" (stereo). Of course this is in it’s unnatural state. I really don’t know why on some tracks, Jimi’s voice is centered, yet on others, it comes full left? Anyway, I now find this lp, (while surprisingly clear) to be a little too upfront/in your face.
Hey @uberwaltz,

Regarding "Going for the One"....... @reubent  and I discussed it a while back. I have the US version, he bought the Japan version. I still think it would be wise to get the UK version.
John Moreland "In The Throes"

Looking at my cleaning notes, last time this lp was cleaned...was with my pre-steam, then the Audio Desk, 3 years ago. It just doesn’t look nearly as clean as the results I’m getting now. I was using distilled water with AD additive. Not cheap.

If you’ve gone to the "Thumbs up for ultrasonic cleaning " thread, you can follow my ongoing history with US cleaning. After 4 years with the Audio Desk, I had improved results with my first try with the Chinese cleaner/distilled water, no additive.
$3k vs. $250.00 (including filtering/pump. Wow!

The AD cleaner is a great convenience product.

I sure don't won't to come off as the know-it-all of record cleaning but I have put in the time and expense while documenting it all here.
Slaw.
mine-is the US version.

Tightly Unwound ..... The Pineapple Thief.

2x lp remastered.
Really nice sq.
A line from the John Moreland Lp..." I wanna find my faith from records long ago" Wow!
@slaw  @uberwaltz  - I had the US version of "Going for the One". I bought it back when it was released and I always liked the music. However, I never thought the SQ was that good. Kind of a jumbled mess for sound. Was reading a review and someone said the Japanese pressing was the best, so I plopped down $50 for a "M" Japanese pressing. Admittedly, it is a little better that the US version, but it still is not great SQ IMHO. I still love the music. Actually "Parallels" is one of my absolute all-time favorite songs from YES. 
David Allen Coe "Rides Again". Fresh from a US cleaning. First listen in 3 decades.
I find my US version/"Going for the One" to be too forward,/lacking "soul".
"even we’re both lying here in this bed together, I believe we’re laying here alone",.

David Allen Coe
As far as g4t1....... I just streamed some parts of it and not much different so it is likely the base master recording that is off a bit to start with.
Its listenable but it’s not Fragile or Drama.
"Rides Again" is definitely an underrated country lp. Thoroughly enjoyable!!!

Thanks for the update @uberwaltz.
Since my last post regarding "In The Throes", I put it through a 50 minute US clean. It came in out with a sheen that was not there before.

Such a good lp by a great artist, I don't mind listening again! 
@uberwaltz

+1 on the Tightly Unwound

such a great band, and I think their records sound great too.  E.g. great separation of instruments for progressive rock, like on a jazz record. 
I put John Morelands 2nd & 3rd lps in the US cleaner....like money in the bank!

Amos Lee "Last Days at the Lodge"