Focal 948 vs. Klipsch Cornwall recommendations?

Hi (new here) - I’m in the process of updating some vintage gear to modern HiFi (no HT now) for a listening area that’s about 800 SF with 8’ ceilings and wood floors. I’m coming from a 1970’s SX-737 Pioneer Receiver paired with Klipsch KG4’s. I’ve since upgraded to a couple of NAD C 268 Amps and some other NAD components. I may upgrade components in the future but for now that’s what I have.

I’m trying to decide between the Focal 948’s or the Cornwalls. I guess since I like my KG4’s I’m a "horn guy" to some degree, but who knows at this stage in my journey because I have a ton of learning to do. I do not want to run a sub (have a seperate HT room for that), so this is a 2 channel hi-fi set up in a living room/great room. I tend to like "warmish" sound but realize the amp can greatly influence that. I like good tight bass, but don’t need or want a house shaking sub - needs to be balanced with the rest of the sound stage.

The sound is more important to me than how the speaker looks, but I am drawn towards a more classical speaker look like the Cornwall, however I find both of these speakers attractive. I have not listened to either speaker in person yet...the closest I’ve gotten is the speaker simulator on Crutchfield for the 948.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
dogarogaroo
I love my Forte IV.    I just don’t have the room for the Cornwall right now.  They are the perfect size actually and they sound pretty good.   Like many good speakers the Forte sounds better and better as you go up the ladder electronics wise.  That’s why it’s a perfect speaker for me right now.  
I am having a Toolshed 300b built to drive the Forte , that’s how good they sound.  I’m using Quicksilver 40 watts monos and they are great but I wanted to go the SET route. That in addition to wanting Lascala down the road made perfect sense to have an endgame low power amp built .   It’s got all the goodies so it’s going to be right at home when I have the space for a bigger heritage speaker.  
What would "stepping up my electronics" look like? To be clear, that’s not a sarcastic question...just trying to learn. Thanks.
I have not heard that NAD but you may consider a tube preamp to pair with it like the Schiit Freya + although I haven’t heard it. I’ve found a tube pre does wonders for the dry mechanical sound of most affordable class D amps I’ve heard. 
I would think you want more power with the Focal or something that puts out a lot of current. Plenty for the Cornwall I would think. 
I demoed the Cornwall IVs last weekend. They’re huge, so you’ll want the right space. No need for subs, plenty of bass. The dealer was running an 80W integrated amp and it was as loud as anything I’ve heard (very efficient). But they are bright with the horns, so try before you buy. 
I should add, the two NAD amps in mono config will supply 300w each, so should be plenty for the Focals
I ran a pair of B&W 703 (hard to drive) off a 1970s Marantz receiver…. It sounded great. 

In my main system I have a $9,000 amp, a $900 amp and in my second system I have a $800 marantz receiver form 2011 and that $800 receiver (needed HDMI switching for the wife) is pushing 3 ohm speakers and the sound is pretty good. Good enough it makes me question my life choices lol. 

My point is that the difference between good electronics and great electronics is small these days but the cost is astronomical.

As for speakers it is personal. Focal and Klipsch both have pretty strong house sounds. I have demoed the Cornwall IV a few times and many pairs of Focals though not those. Me personally I would lean toward the focal house sound. It will most likely be more detailed with consistent off axis dispersion which is important for stable soundstage. I felt like the soundstage of the Cornwall IV changed at different frequencies. They were ok but not enough to get my wallet out.

This review is of the Forte but might give you some insight to the Cornwall as these are the only measurements I have seen.
https://youtu.be/IZPc1tl1aPs
Iffy power and cornwalls sounds a bit too earsplitting for my ears.
Keep on shopping. Used provides more choices. Must hear in your space prior to committing 
Why would you even consider pairing 300W per channel amps with Cornwalls?
Time to revise your speaker candidate list.
I wouldn't...that would be for the Focals.  For the Cornwalls I'd just use a single 100w amp.

I have both Klipsch Forte IIIs (99 dB sensitive) and Focal Aria 926 (91.5 dB) in my reference system.  Two tube amps, a Willsenton 300i 845 that’s 23 wpc (the beast) and Inspire KT88 SEP that puts out 10 wpc (the angel).  With the Klipsch I can only get the Willsenton to 9 o’clock on volume pot, the Focals to 10.  Higher levels with the Inspire, point being you don’t need a lot of power if running a well built tube amp with high sensitivity speakers.

I haven’t hooked up my SS Crown DC 300 to the Klipsch or Focals, but it’s 150 wpc and drives a pair of vintage 4 way Infinity speakers that are 90 dB sensitive. Different sound, tight, quick, lots of low end bass and midbass with gain set at 6 and volume on the preamp at 11 o’clock. Just highlighting the distinction between choosing tube power vs SS. I like both, but for different reasons, different music and different moods.

In summary, the Focals have an “audiophile sound”, very articulate, detailed, precise, yet smooth with decent bass and no fatigue even after hours of listening.  Excellent soundstage with tight precision, vocals are perfectly placed in the middle of the sound image.

The Klpisch are loud, in your face, sitting in the front row of a live performance with huge soundstage and separation of instruments and vocals. Much higher and wider stereo image, superb midrange and treble extension with the horn loading.  Good warm bass but not floor thumping,  Yet at low volume levels with the Inspire KT88 driving the Klipsch, there is a warm, enveloping engagement of the music,  just heavenly like there are angels in the room. The speakers disappear and you feel like you’re in the middle of the stage with the musicians yet can carry on a conversation. It’s truly a unique experience.

At low volume levels, the Focals sound the same as higher, just not as loud. Very neutral and linear with increasing/decreasing volumes whereas the Klipsch take on different personalities based on volume levels, much more dynamic. Beautiful low level listening and concert like at high volumes. 

Suggest you demo both, hopefully in your own listening room, and decide which sound signature you’re seeking.  As noted above your amplification source can impact the sound signature significantly with tubes being more warmish and fluid and SS having more speed and punch.

For what it’s worth, I started with the Klipsch and added the Focals later to have both in my setup.  Hard to go wrong with either, like between choosing to drive a BMW 7 series or a Benz S class, both great rides, just different personalities.  

Best of luck with your pursuit!