Axpona 2023

I am seeing videos from Axpona come in and this ACTIVE budget system sounds amazing, even with low rez youtube. People are guessing it costs $15K in the audience, and jaws are hitting the floor when they find out its less than $3K for EVERYTHING. Talk about confusion, listen to the stunned questions. I keep posting about the benefit of these active "systems" . The audience looks like they just saw ET, hilarious reactions:

https://youtu.be/9xQVBrtJ3Bc

kota1

Vandersteen's room with Jon Spelt's shop is one I wish I could listen to.  They are showcasing Vandersteen's new Vandersteen Control Center. It's a preamp with an EQ built in that is out of teh signal path.  I can't wait to hear it and have been waiting patiently.  I always have had fun helping friend and family buy inexpensive systems (relatively) that punch higher than their cost. What draws me to Vandersteen is their built in subs (Quatro on up) and their amps (and now a pre to go with them).  I love their sound and the electronics are all matched to the speakers (although I've heard my amps (the 5's) on other speakers still sound incredible to my ears).  

I have also enjoyed many other powered speakers over the years. Not the desktop speakers with Class D amps, but full size class AB amps etc....  It's like anything else though as implementation is the MOST important thing.  

$15k with those tiny speakers? That’s funny! Only audiophiles…..

Maybe the laws of physics no longer apply.  Join the club!

Yeah, but I’ll bet that guy was pricing in terms of a passive system, speakers, source, amps, cables, etc. The "active all in one" system concept is still flying under a lot of peoples radar. I would guess it would cost at least $10K to get that SQ from a passive stack.

I doubt that, I've heard plenty of all in one actives at AXPONA as a matter of fact, was never impressed. Not saying active is bad, just the all in one, I've heard a couple active systems that the owner picked his own amps and that was definitely better than passive.

I have Vanatoo Transparent 1 Encore actives in one room. Heard them first at an audio show where the room was packed with agog listeners who couldn’t believe the sound for the price.  Packed with lots of wonderful design features and sound great. $600 new if still available.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Vanatoo was banned from high end shows for making everyone else look bad.

It’s also possible Vanatoo sold everything produced and these are no more. Too bad if so.

Yes indeed. Sonos is by far the most popular speaker company in the US. Active rocks baby!

As @mapman says, strange lot these dudes:

That’s funny! Only audiophiles…..

It seemed everyone in that video had their head explode. One guy gets up to look behind the speaker like their might be something secret in the back, hilarious. Looking at the Cabasse line up I would love to hear the big active speakers if the small ones sound so good:

https://www.cabasse.com

Don’t understand the last question? Most of us (who couldn’t go to AXPONA) were glued to our screens watching multiple room videos pouring in. I could have just as easily posted what the OP posted. How does that translate to me working for a vendor?

Asking for a friend….

OP—I’ll add to this by saying that in addition to the active/dsp by Cabasse that you posted, another active/dsp system that was blowing minds was the BACCH SP room. Check out some videos if you haven’t already.

Separate. Amps f quality just sound more realistic , he class D going into these systems are hypex or less and are ok , untill you hear a good amplifier . This is more about budget , look atYGacousticstheiractive system sounds very good 

$50 K , non active $30k  for the Speakers , for $20 k I will choose my own setup 

i get it much less wires and  nice and tidy ,call me old fashion ,I like my rack with 

electronics of my choosing.

Separate. Amps f quality just sound more realistic , he class D going into these systems are hypex or less and are ok , untill you hear a good amplifier . This is more about budget , look atYGacousticstheiractive system sounds very good 

$50 K , non active $30k  for the Speakers , for $20 k I will choose my own setup 

i get it much less wires and  nice and tidy ,call me old fashion ,I like my rack with 

electronics of my choosing.

I will say though that it’s a great little active system.add a $499 SVS sub with nice control amp and a very good setup on a budget., Cabasse build great coaxial speakers for a long time .I owned a pair awhile back ,their new floor standers are e actually a very well rounded speaker.

for more old school Audiophiles like me 40+ years , I still prefer to build one step at a time ,much more $$ but to me I like the challenge and updating when I. Find something nice.

I found these little boxes to be the best I heard at the show. And a great value for the money especially if you’re looking to simplify your system. Seemed like this year the hi-end audio was a bit lackluster. I also found some of the factory reps to have loud conversations among themselves or people talking over the music. Just my thoughts. As always fun time. 

@bpoletti 

Vendor? LOL, see my system in my profile.

@khashmi , I'll check out that system, if you have time feel free to post videos in this thread.

@audioman58 , I have both passive and active systems in the house. Your point about cheap class D amps is observant. Then you have to look at the cheap crossovers in those passive speakers and there seems to be a balance. An outboard active crossover like the Bryston Bax-1 gives you both worlds. I think good DSP implementation helps offset the class D amp too. If you like SVS they have their own active speakers.

@schmitty1 

Thanks for the update, they sounded amazing even through youtube and a set of headphones. I need to check out cabasse.

I listened to these speakers as well.  I could not believe the room filling sound and bass coming from something this small.  Powered, an onboard streamer!  At a price of 4k or whatever, these speakers are excellant.

Hello Kota1. 8 owned a Audio store for almost a decade and by far the biggest disgrace is using cheap Xover parts , it isthe 🧠,or heart ❤️ of the speaker all information goes through them , thsts why I have been upgrading Xovers for friends,and family for over 20 years. And making the Highend Duelund. loudspeaker purifiers for awhile now . Quality throughout counts !!

Did any of you come to room 476 to hear our Infigo electronics with Alta audio speakers ?

Yup heard your room and it was ok, last year with the smaller Alta Dave speakers sounded much better IMO.