Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
I received my @tomic601 care pack today. It's a buzz getting records in the mail.

First up:
The New England Conservatory Ragtime Ensemble, Scott Joplin: The Red Back Book (Angel 1973 RE 1979)

This is interesting in that it's a 45rpm and don't they tell you on every surface! Clean amd in mofi inner. I didn't clean it. Sounded fine. NM/NM. Musically, a little poppy for me but decent enough. SQ very good. Not sure it was better for being on 45. 
Second up:
So I have this already. Mine is an original on flimsy vinyl. This appears to be a later re-release on stiffer plastic. Clean with mofi inner. Didn’t clean. NM/VG+. Mild warp. Very quiet record. Sounded very good. For fun, I played my copy. It’s crazy how much better originals sound. Cleaner, louder and airier. BUT mine is VG; plays fine but noisy. So, I ended up playing the album and really enjoying the silent grooves, and despite SQ being a little woody and transistory, I heard stuff missing in the rice crispies of my original.

Nilsson ‎– Son Of Schmilsson (RCA Victor 1972 [RE year unknown])

Many thanks.
The Black Swans ‎– Don't Blame The Stars (Misra 2011)

I like this record. Sparse and comforting. It grows on you.
Recommended. 
Scoop ..... Pete Townshend

Very dissapointed in this set.
Best songs on it are the ex-Who ones but in front of the mic you quickly realize Townshend ain't no Daltrey!!
It's saving grace is it's NM and recorded well but probably going to the cull pile.
Shame as I usually really like Pete's work.
Think the Pony Express took a left turn at the Florida State line by mistake!
Hydra S/T
White label promo

Was extremely dirty, took two runs through the US cleaning to quiet the surface noise down.
Listening to the second disk of the Chris Cornell compilation. I didn't know he did a cover of Billie Jean.
@noromance sending records thru the mail is a buzz !
i had sent the Nilsson two days before you played it, glad it had some value as a second copy !!!
Uber - no kidding, ten or 11 boxes all went out same day, AZ got delivered first, then NC, then WA, then Cleveland... then MA, wtf...
I am getting next tranche sorted... cleaned with lighter fluid, ready to go - as I explained to the war Dept “ how can I ship OUT records IF I am out of boxes ?....
. Long pause..... “ you mean recycle the ones they came IN ? “

Whereby I explained the concept of a ratio .....
Uber - if it’s any consolation, you are the Florida lab rat for USPS ,  I have a stack going to my brother in N Palm....
Jim
Like I said I think when the pony hit the Fl/Ga state line he turned left instead of right.
But I am not surprised, yesterday I received an album that was shipped August 1st, from Indiana to me.
It went to Ohio, then back to Indiana, then back to Ohio, then three locations in Pa, then NC, then to Jax.
Yes and for those of us with a memory, even w it’s sometimes spectacular failings, the records cam pretty reliably before Dotard installed conflict of interest....

I sent a box to Atlanta, will see if they got stuck together !
There is a nice interview w Chad K of Acoustic Sounds on Discogs today... great rise out of the rot of addiction- nice story
European Concert Recordings by Ambassador Satch...... Louis Armstrong and his All Star Band.

Courtesy of Tomic in the care package today!

Very nice recording.
@tomic601 

Brian - you speaker is quite unique w only a quarter million sold to music lovers and audiophiles- the acoustic coupler connects principally with the back wall. I setup and tune about 30 Vandy systems a year. Would love to assist with yours.

Thanks Jim. Primarily I use Richards instructions pretty closely, as best I can per the division of the room, tilt, etc. (Being an architectural designer, I’ve drawn-up my room in CAD with the various recommended division lines/points, etc.). But, I’ve done a lot of experimentation within and outside those boundaries, and a know what? Richards instructions seems to be fairly accurate for good sound. But what really made a nice difference was placing some absorption directly behind the 2CE’s (mine are about 2’-9” off the front wall) but also diffusion on the side walls behind the speakers as well, then more diffusion between the speakers covering my fireplace opening. That made a big difference as well. 
@uberwaltz

Got the tapes today. Thanks!

Also received another batch of LP’s today from Discogs, so it will be a full listening night, which I need, as I’ve been working like a dog the last couple days.
One of the few I received in the mail today.....

Schubert String Quartets by the New Hungarian Quartet. Quartets 12,13, 14, & 15. 3LP box set (VoxBox). VOX 1973.
Brian - yes, follow the math and science based approach:-) outlines in the manual. Your distance to back wall should have plenty of low end grunt !!!! Have fun.
Uber I believe the both discs are mono , even tho one uses 2 microphones 
Delius Orchestral Works. Vernon Handly conducting the London Philharmonic Orchestra. Lambert & Butler Master Series. English pressing 1979
Grand Funk Live, two album set. Humble Pie 'Rocking The Fillmore' up next.

- Lyman
First Recordings - Samuel Barber : Piano Concerto, John Browning pianist & William Schuman : A Song of Orpheus, Leonard Rose cellist. Szell conducting The Cleveland Orchestra. Columbia Masterworks, reissue, 70’s. Original 1964.
Third World-96 In The Shade Side 2
Sweethearts Of The Rodeo-One Time One Night Side 2
The Boomtown Rats-Greatest Hits Side 1
Deniece Williams-I'm So Proud-Side 2
DiMeola/McLaughlin/DeLucia-Friday Night in San Francisco Side 1(Impex 45 rpm]
Red Norvo & John Ross-Red & Ross Side 2
Peter Case-ST Side 1
Eugene Ormandy-Philadelphia(MS 31190} Side 1
Thou - Rhea Sylvia 

One of my favorite sludge bands and current all time favorite band. For those who love Black Metal vocals and heavy southern guitars.

Plus the vintage album art is phenomenal. 
Grateful Dead 
Dicks Picks #24
Daly City Ca 3/23/74
Rhino records  
the first show with the “ wall of sound”
fantastic sq
Its definitely a sickness from which there is very little hope of a full recovery to a normal life......

Went to my LRS today because, you know I dont have any records at home to play.....

He had just bought a collection from an old radio station jockey.
LOTS of white label promo copies.
My wallet groaned.
Whats a guy to do.......
Police:  'Ghost in the Machine' (original owner, first pressing)

Yes:   'The Yes Album'  (Original first pressing from 1973, original owner, pristine condition, sounds fantastic!)
I forgot, just two nights ago...

Frank Zappa:   'Overnight Sensation' and 'Apostrophe'  (both are first pressings, original owner since they were first released, pristine condition, sounds fantastic!)
Distant Satellites .... Anathema.

British modern prog Rock, similar to Spock's Beard and the Pineapple Thief.
Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak - much better than the pressing for Youth and Manhood, which sounds like @ss 
@uberwaltz ha, that is funny, I have a guy that makes recommendations at my fav record store. Phenomenal selections most of the time but while he is  really good to my ears he is brutal on my wallet 
Harnoncourt conducts Concentus Musicus Wien. Bach - Violin Concertos on Origional Instruments. Telefunken 1975, German pressing