For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Brahms: Violinkonzert In D-Dur/
Christian Ferras, Berliner Philharmoniker, Herbert Von Karajan ‎ (Deutsche Grammophon ‎1972)

The adagio will make you weep!
@elliottnewcombjr You sure the Earl Hines is 1954 mono? The link is to an 1981 RE. 

Itzhak Perlman, André Previn ‎– The Easy Winners (And Other Rag-Time Music Of Scott Joplin) (Angel 1975)

This is a treat. Nice sparse recording full of color. NM/NM is nice too. .
Scott Joplin died at 48 of madness and depression. You can hear the soul in the tunes. Recommended.
Slaw ! Good on the grandkids, I write the Nephews off as dependents on the taxes, just like the Ancient Labrador.... new math aggressive accounting Inc...

I am streaming Peter Green, foot healed back to Turntable soon !!!
Magnificent choice Greg!
Remember catching them live in England about 77 with Bon Scott.

I have no idea if they were good or not though as we were right in front of lh speaker stack and it was literally just white noise!
Stone deaf for 5 days afterwards..🤣🤣
I never had a chance to see them with Bon Scott uber. The old stuff is still my favorite. They put on a great show with Brian Johnson, but he's not as good of a singer as Bon Scott was. 
The interaction between Scott and Angus was definitely a high light of their live show.
This sounds disgusting now many years later but I remember being covered by Angus sweat as we were so close.
I mean the thought now is yuk but any video you may have seen with sweat flying off him live is absolutely true.

It was there " let there be rock" tour and man was there rock! Lol.
Wore that album out at least twice. Lol.
Wooden Wand - Death Seat ( server ) getting to like it more and more

Patty Griffin s/t
noromance3,932 posts07-26-2020 2:23pm@elliottnewcombjr You sure the Earl Hines is 1954 mono? The link is to an 1981 RE.

Mine is the 1981 reissue of the album, originally recorded in 1954 Mono.

It does not say mono or stereo anywhere on the Jacket or LP label. Played with my Grado Mono cartridge, sounds terrific.

Yesterday I found and cleaned two Louis Armstrong in my collection. (many given to me or bought in thrift stores, many I never played before ).

One, ’Rare Items 1935-1944’, says ’enhanced for stereo’, then, it says in small print that Decca Stereo LP’s can be played on ’Today’s Monaural’ phonographs. I’ll play it today both ways, fearing enhancement of course.

https://www.discogs.com/Louis-Armstrong-And-His-Orchestra-Louis-Armstrong-Rare-Items-1935-1944/release/10514892

Other one, Vol IV, Louis Armstrong and Earl Hines, big print: ’Digitally Remastered Directly from the Original Analog Tapes’ (1989 promotion copy), 1 track from 1927, 17 tracks from 1928.

https://www.discogs.com/Louis-Armstrong-Volume-IV-Louis-Armstrong-And-Earl-Hines/release/1364133

no mention, mono or stereo on jacket or lp label. small print: "every effort ... to preserve the integrity of the pre-stereo analog recordings".

then, 2 curious things:

1. these transfers from metal or shellac parts contain imperfections ...
2. original 78’s from the collection of ...

so, how from analog tapes???

I’ll listen tonight
Earl Hines, All Star Session (mono 1954)
@elliottnewcombjr I see what you did there. I'm not sure if it's protocol or simply the way I do it - but adding the year, to me at least, implies the date of the version you played rather than the year a recording was recorded.
Mine is the 1981 reissue of the album, originally recorded in 1954 Mono.
I did see it. Where you say " Earl Hines, All Star Session (mono 1954)", it looks like you were playing a 1954 pressing. 
Elliott.

It does not say mono or stereo anywhere on the Jacket or LP label. Played with my Grado Mono cartridge, sounds terrific.

You might want to be careful there.....

It is fine to play a mono record with a stereo cart.
It is not recommended to play a stereo record with a mono cart as movement is limited to one direction in a mono cart.
Bent Out of Shape ..... Rainbow.

Even though my least favorite Rainbow vocalist in Turner my excuse is that it is NM+ for a $1.......
I saved this 3 LP box set from all I received from @slaw for last. Too many to relist here, but cannot thanks Steve enough for gathering all these albums together and sending them off for me. I basically spent the whole weekend morning to night playing each, except to do a bit of yard work yesterday.

Hindemith - Die 7 Kammermusiken / Diesogenannten Brandenburgischen. 3 LP box set in immaculate condition. Telefunken, Germany pressing, 1969.

incredible set.
This goes in the "what was I thinking?" pile... I've been buying a lot of MFSL records lately and ordered Cyndi Lauper - She's So Unusual.  There is some ear candy in among all the 80's production, but her voice... not for me.
I have a pile just like that Greg.... Lol.

The MFSL of Emmylou Harris got thrown in that pile. It's just too country for me to handle even though the SQ is excellent.
Patti Page ‎– Indiscretion (Mercury 1959)

Replaying this NM/NM on my Decca SuperGold after playing it a few days ago on the Garrott Gold. The SG needed a loupe to check a very dirty stylus. I just cleaned it until the diamond gleamed. Holy Ship! What an improvement over the Gold and over the pre-cleaned SG. 

Anyway, another super record from the late 50s proving that we have destroyed the recording process. Vivid, warm, and right. Recommended. 
"That flag decal won't get you into Heaven anymore"...disterbingly topical words from the Late Great John Prine.
RIP  
Let's Dance was/is Bowie's highest selling album at near 11 million sales worldwide.

Seems to me it would be a GREAT candidate for a MFSL release as the SQ is not what you would term stellar on the US release.
Did anyone ever hear from Spirit again?
I did send couple messages but nothing?
Hope nothing serious......
Post removed