Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
The Walkabouts ‎- Satisfied Mind (Sub Pop 1993)

Worth it alone for the cover of Nick Cave's Loom of the Land.

@uberwaltz,

The Donnas I pre-ordered straight from RunOutGroove last year. I think it was around $32.00
The Thorns "S/T"  ( I had forgotten about their cover The Jawhawks "Blue")

got these in yesterday...........

Joni Mitchell "Court & Spark" Nautilus
Stevie Nicks "Bella Donna" MFSL

all nice and minty

The Thorns lp is well worth seeking out. It's obvious these are three veteran, talented artists. Really nicely constructed songs with beautiful harmonies, reminiscent of CSN. Did I mention I really like it?
John Fullbright "From the Ground Up"

"...I need another 20 years to fix the last 15...."
@slaw Thanks.  Don’t think I know him.  Will try on Amazon today.  

——————-

Ritchie Beirach (Trio)
Elegy for Bill Evans
1982 Palo Alto Records

I don’t think I’m the only person to view RB as one of the most under- appreciated jazz pianists ever.  This is one of my favorites of his.  ECM fans will know him for his excellent work in the erstwhile John Abercrombie quartet. 

"Bella Donna" is surely a historical document in the history of rock. Regarding the MFSL pressing.... it’s kind of odd as to how the required volume for listening, changes song to song?
Jonathan Wilson "Dixie Blur"... this is such a great record my friends, I just hope the fact I’m promoting it doesn’t distract you from checking it out.

Everything about this vinyl pressing is first rate. First, the content, then listening to such personal songs recorded SO well, then the packaging.
If you're not a Jonathan Wilson follower, listening to this record, it's not surprising he went to Tenn to record it.
@slaw Which record were you referring to? The fact that I have to ask leads me to think probably not.
HI,
Bei Bei & Shawn Lee - Into the wind
Ubiquity original USA
Ween -Chocolate & cheese
Schnitzel records -Reissue UK
Felix Laband - Dark days exit
Compost records original Germany
@big_greg,

Common' bro...

Between The Kinks  and Prince...you shoulda' figured that one out.
@slaw thanks for recommending  John Fullbright to me.  You were right.  Ordered it straight away.  
The Foo Fighters Greatest Hits.

Just picked this up in Walmart of all places and way cheaper than anywhere else online...go figure!
@geoffkait   not sure if you’re kidding but no, some still made the old fashioned all analogue way which usually means tape.  
Johnathan Wilson (referenced above by @slaw ) is committed to all analogue production.   
If you don’t know the band the Teskey Brothers you might check out the pure analogue sound (you’ll get the idea even over digital playback) of their album Half Mile Harvest.  
There are other examples.  Regulars here, especially @noromance could tell you far more and better about this than I am able to.  
——————-

Jaco Pastorius
Eponomous 
PP

So most records are made digitally? I’m not talking about the purists. I’m talking about the ones you buy at Target or wherever. Many of the cassettes I have are digitally remastered too. And that’s from the ‘90s. I’m not knocking it.

Uber I’m saving your jokes in my journal. Scout’s honor. ✌️
I think so but I think to sound good on a record they pretty much have to be mixed for vinyl.  You know, That besides cellos and trumpets and bongos there are purely digital instruments.  There are Both digital and analogue recording mechanisms; Both Digital and analogue mixing tools; Both digital and analogue production methods.  Any number of ways to produce a record.  
Then there is this:
https://youtu.be/WmwnN_T_wW8

Buy the way, you can buy the records I mentioned above at Target.   

Here’s an interesting question (to me anyway): did Stephen Wilson use digital mixing equipment (necessitating conversion to digital from original analogue tapes, and back) when he remixed (remastered) the new Yes and Tull records that we love the sound of so much.
@Spirit - or which tracks ? That’s a great pro tools trick , dump the bass , etc on a selective basis thru an A2D then fix this and that Back thru a DAC to tape.... bang on !!!
Of course, I had to rifle thru a stack of 6 million cassettes to come up with something Pithe...
Eric Clapton- No Reason to Cry

it ain’t gonna be a late nite, cinched the three Outlaws storage units from 3 to 2.... grunt truck.....
Paul Kletzki conducting the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, Mahler Symphony #1. Angel Records. Really nice version.
@tomic601 in the awareness that the funny guy is just goading  (he has a record player doesn’t he?) There are pretty much endless permutations in the mix (digital tape included) so it’s hard to be a purest and to argue over the question: The point of my response I think.  I know what sounds good though.  
Wasn't there a company called Simply Vinyl that was accused of using mostly digital sources to make up most, if not all of their Lp catalog?
@slaw I assumed you were talking about the Kinks, but not being aware of that particular remaster, didn't want to guess.  I looked it up and the one I have is a Reprise 1979 reissue (RS 6423).  Sounds great!  One of my pre-owned purchase from the local record store about 4 years ago.  
Watched the David Crosby "Remember My Name" documentary last night.  It's really good. Cameron Crowe doesn't make many missteps when it comes to film-making.  Afterwards busted out my old worn copy of CSN.